Lets bring common sense back!!

Options

Replies

• laurad1406
    Options
    oh and if it's your TOM bloating and weight gain can be expected...........girls seem to be confused about this, I thought the midol commercials had that covered but I guess not

THANK YOU for clearing this up! after approx 144 cycles I still hadn't figured it out!

but seriously, people who don't understand that sidewalks, hallways, etc work sort of the same way as a road, meaning there are two sides! Stay on your own! If I'm approaching double doors and someone is coming the opposite way, we should both be going through the door to our right! Ugh this happens to me at work ALL the time, I end up standing there holding the door for people when there is a PERFECTLY good door on their side!

(i realize I sound like a crazy person....am I the only one who follows this "treat sidewalks and hallways like a road" idea?)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    oh and if it's your TOM bloating and weight gain can be expected...........girls seem to be confused about this, I thought the midol commercials had that covered but I guess not

THANK YOU for clearing this up! after approx 144 cycles I still hadn't figured it out!

but seriously, people who don't understand that sidewalks, hallways, etc work sort of the same way as a road, meaning there are two sides! Stay on your own! If I'm approaching double doors and someone is coming the opposite way, we should both be going through the door to our right! Ugh this happens to me at work ALL the time, I end up standing there holding the door for people when there is a PERFECTLY good door on their side!

(i realize I sound like a crazy person....am I the only one who follows this "treat sidewalks and hallways like a road" idea?)

Nope your definitely not crazy
    My other one is if I hold the door for you and you walk through it I expect a Thank You.......and if you don't common sense should tell you I am going to say very loudly YOU'RE WELCOME and you don't get to think thats rude.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Dear cubicle mate,
    Just because we are seated within a few feet of each other separated only by a 5 foot fake wall doesn't mean that I need you to comment about every conversation I conduct, whether it be someone stopping by or on the phone. Can't you at least PRETEND you can't hear every key stroke and breath I take?

Thank you, signed -
    It's NUNYA BIZNESS
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Googling your symptoms is not an ok substitute for seeing a physician.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    If the driver of the car in front of you has stopped in the middle of the block don't start honking at him/her. You're not in that big of a hurry!! Perhaps there's a reason the driver stopped, such as the car in from of him/her was polite enough to allow another driver who was going the opposite direction to pull out of a driveway. Or perhaps the driver in front of you or the driver in front of him/her wants to make a turn into a gas station and has to wait for a pedestrian to get out of the way. Have a little patience!! We all have to share the road and the sidewalk.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Do not "reply all" if your reply is only needed by one of the 25 people it was sent to

If you plan on fixing something electric please unplug it

Merging - it's like a zipper ya'll

You do not need to come to a complete stop in the main road to make a turn

If you aren't making a right don't cut over from the left lane at a light - if you are making a right please note you can do so on red

If I am doing dished or working out don't ask me "What ya doing?" clearly you can see what I am doing
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

If I am doing dished or working out don't ask me "What ya doing?" clearly you can see what I am doing

Oh my land! My mom used to do that all the time! :grumble:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Is this a common sense thread or politeness/respect thread? One can serve the other, but they are different concepts. I'd like to bring both back, more than JT's sexy.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Is this a common sense thread or politeness/respect thread? One can serve the other, but they are different concepts. I'd like to bring both back, more than JT's sexy.

I guess it's a use common sense so you aren't rude and disrespectful to others, otherwise they will post a thread about it haha
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Most of these I agree with heartily, but some seem like 'please conform to my preferences' rather than really dumb things. People pass me in the fast lane all the time because I refuse to sit behind someone going slower than the speed limit for miles when I'm going comfortably along at slightly above the speed limit. And I don't turn right on red because I don't have to, unless I feel like it. I'm not in that big of a hurry 99% of the time.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Most of these I agree with heartily, but some seem like 'please conform to my preferences' rather than really dumb things. People pass me in the fast lane all the time because I refuse to sit behind someone going slower than the speed limit for miles when I'm going comfortably along at slightly above the speed limit. And I don't turn right on red because I don't have to, unless I feel like it. I'm not in that big of a hurry 99% of the time.

technically no one is supposed to be in the fast lane it's a passing lane you are supposed to get in it to pass someone then get back out of it again. So you are supposed to pass that person that you don't want to sit behind and then get back over in front of them. Sorry but just because you aren't in a hurry doesn't mean someone else isn't. Pregnant and on the way to the hospital my friend got stuck behind a person like that.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If the fastest you could drive was 40 mph before I started to pass you,there is no reason you should be doing 60 mph by the time I finally get around you.

machinegunsmilie.gif
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    if you can't walk in high heels... don't wear them!!!!

walking-in-heels.gif
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    ^^that *kitten* is funny^^ kapeluza I do not believe we are friends yet. Expect a request shortly, I've just enjoyed your posts to much to keep denying myself the pleasure of your friendship, hahahaha she just sprained her ankles like 10 times a piece.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    If the fastest you could drive was 40 mph before I started to pass you,there is no reason you should be doing 60 mph by the time I finally get around you.

machinegunsmilie.gif

THANK YOU!!, wtf is that all about haha.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    ^^that *kitten* is funny^^ kapeluza I do not believe we are friends yet. Expect a request shortly, I've just enjoyed your posts to much to keep denying myself the pleasure of your friendship, hahahaha she just sprained her ankles like 10 times a piece.

Even though I'm sick as a dog right now, I laughed so hard with that chick wobbling in high heels!!!!! Thanks for tge friends request, you rock!!!! :D
  • elfie9863
    Options
    If you go into a movie, and there are lots of empty seats, DO NOT SIT RIGHT BEHIND ME and smack your popcorn and rattle your candy wrappers thru the whole movie. Grrrr...not even going there with the totally rude cell phone jerks.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    When people ask you what you're doing, when they can clearly see what you're doing. Really? Come on...
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    When the lane is going to end in a couple of hundred feet, don't wait until it finally ends before you jam your fat *kitten* in front of someone. Just GTFOver as soon as there's an opening for you.

Signed,
    Frogger
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When I'm walking on the sidewalk and some jerk on a bicycle comes along behind me and gives me the stink eye because i was in his way. It's a sideWALK people! Bikes are supposed to ride on the road. - - That being said, just because you are on a bike does not mean that the rules of the road do not apply to you. You still have to stop at lights and stop signs just like everyone else.