"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and long day.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x15

Assessment: Homemade spaghetti for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class this morning. Warriors are winning at least. Hopefully they get into the playoffs so my sports time won't be boring.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, pullovers 4x15

Assessment: McDonald's for dinner last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. My second longest day of the week. And 24hr Fitness shuts down for renovation for 20 days so we expect a bunch of one month memberships coming up.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x15

Assessment Chicken adobo and rice.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Just clean the house and do laundry today. Still an issue with the blinker on our dumb *kitten* Sonata. Taking it in because my daughter is taking her test next week.

Strength: quads- linear leg press, Smith machine squats, bulgarian squats, leg extensions 4x15

Assessment: Popeye's for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Grocery shop today. Of course the dumbass dealership couldn't fix the problem and said that I have to refer to the after market maker of the headlamps I replaced to fix the problem caused by the original ones. I *kitten* hate Hyundai.

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x15

Assessment: Popeye's for dinnner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule today. Ugh, the 24 hour Fitness people who have come to our gym are bringing their bad habits to my gym. I've been having to tell them to rerack their weights constantly the last day.

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, rope face pulls, rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, single arm cable side laterals, shrugs with dumbbells 4x15

Assessment: McDonald's for dinner
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,625 Member
    Options
    People don't re-rack at 24-hour fitness? Rude.

I was surprised to see some un-racked dumbbells yesterday. It's rare at my gym.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,871 Member
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    Machine Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Standing Smith OHP 5x5
    Cable Woodchoppers 3x10 (High, Cross, Low)

Analysis: Finally back to the gym after my quarterly week off. No pain anywhere, but felt weak. Use it or lose it, eh?

Food: Last night was backyard firepit hotdogs and s'mores.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and class today. The members from 24hour Fitness are getting a dose of what a gym is supposed to look like and be ran. Already have had a couple of them complain to my manager that I'm policing the floor. And my manager backed my play by saying that I'm enforcing the rules here that aren't applied at 24. Have actually had a couple of members asking for refunds because they don't like that we ask them to rerack their weights and keep the gym organized. :D:D:D

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- Hammer incline bench, machine flat bench, dips, cable crossovers 4x15

Assessment: Spaghetti for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Power

Rack Pull 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 5x5
    One-Leg Press 5x5 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 5x15
    Roman Chair Knee-Ups 4x20

Analysis: Couple weeks back almost came to blows with a guy in the DB section over placement of DB's on the rack. Specifically, the heavy DB section, which recently added 105# DB's, which is great but the area already had labels for where each weight should go, and the labels were never replaced or removed to make room for the new set. Consequently, we don't really have set placement for things anymore, just a general "anything above 75 goes in this area" type of thing. Anyway, I got done using a set of 90's, replaced them onto the general area, turned to walk away when out of the corner of my eye in the mirror I saw a dude racing forward like a runaway bull, mad as hell, to snatch up the 90's I just put down, relocate them to where the 90# label still existed, then turned to glare daggers at me. Huge dude, 300# of muscle if he's an inch, looked for a moment like he wanted to start something. Stood my ground, mentally recalling old martial arts training from 25 years ago should I need it, until he returned to his bench to continue his workout using, ironically enough, the 105#'s which are the source of the situation. He must've had somebody talk to him, because I've seen him since then but he's never repeated the tension with me or anybody else as far as I can tell.

Food: Last night was baked chicken with buttered egg noodles (will have spaghetti with side salad tonight)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and long day. 2 new clients this morning.

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x15

Assessment: Chinese last night. Beef fried rice and sauteed bok choy.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and long day. 2 new clients this morning.

Assessment: Chinese last night. Beef fried rice and sauteed bok choy.
  • Hismione
    Hismione Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 14
    Options
    I am older and way out of shape, but knocking the rust off. So, I can't compete with the posts I see here nor am I in the same league, but here it goes....

Yesterday

Cardio:
    Walking: 6.33 miles at 23 minute mile for total of 146 minutes time or 2 h 26 minutes.

Strength:
    Push Ups: 30 (weak I know)
    Curls: 50 each arm with 10lb weight

Food:
    I took in 1600 calories, which was about 750 under my daily goal with exercise added into the total.

I am not trying to get swole. I am trying to lose weight and not injure my old geiserly body while I build up.

This data was day 2.

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,625 Member
    Options
    @Hismione

I wouldn't say 30 push-ups when starting out isn't weak at all. Fifty reps of curls ain't nothing to sneeze at either. Slow is the way to go for long-term success.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Hismione wrote: »
    I am older and way out of shape, but knocking the rust off. So, I can't compete with the posts I see here nor am I in the same league, but here it goes....

Everybody has to start somewhere. We certainly didn't start at our current level, we had to build up over time. Take it steady, stay disciplined, and you'll improve, also. Welcome to the thread, and the MFP forums!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hismione wrote: »

Yesterday

Cardio:
    Walking: 6.33 miles at 23 minute mile for total of 146 minutes time or 2 h 26 minutes.

Strength:
    Push Ups: 30 (weak I know)
    Curls: 50 each arm with 10lb weight

Food:
    I took in 1600 calories, which was about 750 under my daily goal with exercise added into the total.

I am not trying to get swole. I am trying to lose weight and not injure my old geiserly body while I build up.

This data was day 2.

It's not about being in the same league..................it's about having the same dedication and commitment to keep yourself physically fit for life.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class this morning. My daughter comes home tomorrow.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, pullovers 4x15

Assessment: Steak, rice and vegetables for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Regular opener didn't show up so luckily I came in early today at 4:10am (we open at 4am). Just a regular day!!!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x15

Assessment Taco Bell for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    My gym closed down for two days due to the blizzard. Days like this I really wish I had a home gym setup.

At least I got to break a sweat shoveling the 13 inches of heavy, wet snow which fell.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Just clean the house and do laundry today. My daughter being home is so great. I finished fixing everything on the car so that when she takes her driving test on Monday, there won't be any issues.

Strength: quads- linear leg press, Smith machine squats, bulgarian squats, leg extensions 4x15

Assessment: Asian short ribs and vegetables for dinner.