cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Also I learned honesty IS the best policy

In relationships - it absolutely is - at work maybe not so much

Cool cool

Does this dress make me look fat?
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,907 Member
    Options
    You know those things they put on clothes that keep you from walking out of the store without paying? I learned that you shouldn't go through the self checkout if they're not working. Now I have to go back tomorrow and try to explain how I got out of the store with them on my swimsuit.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Cool cool

Do you think it does ?
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,194 Member
    Options
    Me+sun=burn
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Me+sun=burn

😬
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

Cool cool

Ahhh.....this is the epitome of how not to lie because of how the question is framed and not hurt feelings. If a person is trim, then the answer should be no....not a lie. If the person is overweight than no is still not a lie. Its not the dress that makes you look fat.....its the fat that makes you look fat. The dress is not the culprit. But only an assh*le would answer like that.

Of course i do not mean you personally. I have not only never seen you in a dress, i think i have barely seen your face.....😁
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »

Cool cool

Ahhh.....this is the epitome of how not to lie because of how the question is framed and not hurt feelings. If a person is trim, then the answer should be no....not a lie. If the person is overweight than no is still not a lie. Its not the dress that makes you look fat.....its the fat that makes you look fat. The dress is not the culprit. But only an assh*le would answer like that.

Of course i do not mean you personally. I have not only never seen you in a dress, i think i have barely seen your face.....😁

That’s likely better than my answer a question with a question approach 😂
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,790 Member
    edited March 16
    Options

Cool cool

It is a better rationalization & I think it's correct

My belief is that honesty is not always the best policy. Sometimes you should keep that *kitten* to yourself😁

Out of love of course
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    You know those things they put on clothes that keep you from walking out of the store without paying? I learned that you shouldn't go through the self checkout if they're not working. Now I have to go back tomorrow and try to explain how I got out of the store with them on my swimsuit.

Just bring your receipt. That should be all the explanation they need
  • cowsfan12
    Options

Cool cool

My belief is that honesty is not always the best policy. Sometimes you should keep that *kitten* to yourself😁

Out of love of course

In that case I would agree - but as far particular things you want from a partner I believe honesty is best - even it pushes them away - just means they not your person nah I’m sayin - we or at least I and too old to be settling out of convenience
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Cool cool

Out of love of course

In that case I would agree - but as far particular things you want from a partner I believe honesty is best - even it pushes them away - just means they not your person nah I’m sayin - we or at least I and too old to be settling out of convenience
    Oh yeah. I'm just saying the issue is often context specific.

I am someone who has been accused of being too truthful. And I've had to learn that partial truths are not always deception. I don't need to give a dissertation to explain every point and angle like I'm doing here. 😂

I have a deep desire to be understood by my close friends and that together with having a strong moral leaning toward exactitude & truthfulness has sometimes muddied the waters.

• itchmyTwitch
    Options

Cool cool

Out of love of course

Also for ME the correct answer would depend on who I had asked.

If I asked my sister I would expect a careful honest objective opinion carefully worded so that it's about whether or not the clothing flatters me and not whether or not my body is right or wrong.

If I asked a lover I would expect, "Baby, I love your body. Come here."
  • cowsfan12
    Options

Cool cool

Out of love of course

Also for ME the correct answer would depend on who I had asked.

If I asked my sister I would expect a careful honest objective opinion carefully worded so that it's about whether or not the clothing flatters me and not whether or not my body is right or wrong.

If I asked a lover I would expect, "Baby, I love your body. Come here."

I get you
  • lando_rooney
    lando_rooney Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Wish I took stretching and mobility work more serious 10 years ago.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,105 Member
    Options

Amen brother
  • cowsfan12
    Options

Yup - better late than never my dude -
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    54ShadesOfBlue Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Cool cool

Out of love of course

Oh yeah. I'm just saying the issue is often context specific.

I am someone who has been accused of being too truthful. And I've had to learn that partial truths are not always deception. I don't need to give a dissertation to explain every point and angle like I'm doing here. 😂

I have a deep desire to be understood by my close friends and that together with having a strong moral leaning toward exactitude & truthfulness has sometimes muddied the waters.
    FWIW - I also have had a hard time with ‘partial truths’.

My lesson learned- I would have told myself not to have taken the ‘safer’ route.