March Goal Weight: 260 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 220 lbs

March 1: ****
    March 8: ****
    March 15: 269.4 πŸ€¦πŸΎβ€β™€οΈ
    March 22:
    March 29:
    March 31:

@mroshea93 Welcome to the group. So glad you didn't wait. It's wonderful to have you join us!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,217 Member
    Options
    Heaviest weight: 175.4 in early 2013.
    Original MFP starting weight (January 2018): 168.2
    January 1, 2024 Weight: 155.4 (10-day average 155.8)
    February 29 (Starting Weight for this challenge): 147.4 (10-day average 146.5)
    March goal: Get back to lower end of maintenance weight range
    Ultimate goal: Stay in maintenance range between (absolutely 140 - 153 and ideally 142-148)

I report scale weight and (ten day average weight), and I post on Saturdays.

February 29: 147.4 (10-day average 146.5)
    March 2: 150.4 (10-day average 146.9)
    March 9: 149.4 (10-day average 149.2)
    March 16: 148.4 (10-day average 149.1)
    March 23:
    March 30:
    April 6:

Total loss for March: Essentially unchanged this week, but still up for the month. I am still in maintenance, but not by a whole lot. Weight actually was higher earlier this week, and it's coming back down. I am down 6.6 pounds for the year.

Stick to it!
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Female, 5’7”
    HW: 181 pounds (Dec 30, 2019)
    March Start Weight: 138.0 pounds
    March Goal Weight: 130-135 pounds
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130-135 pounds

March 1: 138.0
    March 8: 137.6
    March 15: 138.9
    March 22:
    March 29:
    March 31:

Total weight loss/gain to date this month: + 0.9 pounds
  • javaplace
    javaplace Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    March Start Weight: 162.6 02/29
    March Goal Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: 155
    Ultimate Goal weight 147

March 01: 162.6
    March 11: 162.0
    March 15: 162.4
    March 22:
    March 29:
    March 31:

Changing goal weights
  • Wean_over_that_now
    Wean_over_that_now Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @AllyNorth Ever think of changing up your routine? Eat at different times, workout at different times, do different workouts you haven't done before? Body gets use to repetition and stops burning as it use to because of it. Give it a change overall and it should give it a motivational boost. Same as doing everyday routines, then all of a sudden you take an unexpected vacation, even if for a weekend and you feel rejuvenated. Body reacts the same way your mind does. Give it a change, it should go the trick
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,217 Member
    edited March 17
    Options
    @AllyNorth Ever think of changing up your routine? Eat at different times, workout at different times, do different workouts you haven't done before? Body gets use to repetition and stops burning as it use to because of it. Give it a change overall and it should give it a motivational boost. Same as doing everyday routines, then all of a sudden you take an unexpected vacation, even if for a weekend and you feel rejuvenated. Body reacts the same way your mind does. Give it a change, it should go the trick

How would that work?

If doing an activity burns a certain number of calories, how would the same activity burn a different amount of calories if you did it at a different time? If a food has a certain number of calories, how would it have a different amount of calories at a different time?

Your body does NOT "stop burning" calories just because it's an activity your body is used to. You might have better technique and do the activity more efficiently. If I walk an hour a day, I will still use the same amount of calories after days, months, weeks, or years as I do the first day, assuming my weight hasn't changed. If I lost weight along the way, I'd use fewer calories because I was carrying less weight around, but otherwise - no.

If I eat a serving of yogurt, oats, and a chopped apple every day at the exact same time, it will have the same number of calories next year as it did last year.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,918 Member
    edited March 17
    Options
    March Start Weight: 147 lbs
    March Goal Weight: 145
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 135

I don't know why I am stuck in this 146-148 rut (for two months now). This isn't my first rodeo, so I am aware of all the issues that can stall weight loss. And my goals are relatively modest. It's kind of frustrating and funny. Oh well. That I am even showing up to document this is my own way of prodding myself to keep trying. Hope everyone else is doing well this month!

March 1: 147
    March 8: 146
    March 1516: 147
    March 22:
    March 29:
    March 31:

I know just how you feel-- x2. I've been stuck at 172-176 forrreeever.
    I used to just eat a little over tdee one day and it would shake the scales up and get it moving again. Now I just gain 2 pounds temporarily. Aiming for 164. So frustrating!

P.S. we will persevere!
  • Wean_over_that_now
    Wean_over_that_now Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Because you change the foods by the amount of proteins, carbs and fats in percentage and your exercises would be from just cardio to weight training which burns in your body differently or some other activity. Also just changing your same routine alone can give your mind and body a shift in how it reacts so it will respond differently then normal. Think outside the box for once, maybe you might learn something also. I've been open and trying different things to see how my body and mind responds to it, whether good or bad maybe you should as well or others. Never know what you may learn about yourself or what you didn't know before. Open minds lend to endless possibilities πŸ˜‰