Whatcha reading?

Options
124»

Replies

• jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just finished Louis L Amour's "The Walking Drum". Moving on to Sun Tzu's "Art of War"
  • laurad1406
    Options
    I just finished the 2nd book in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series....it took me 3/4 of the way through the first one to get into it, but the 2nd was much better, now Im dying to get through the third.

I LOVE scary books, I'll definitely be getting "False Memory" and "Those Across the River"!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Night Huntress books by Jeaniene Frost and the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning (alternating books as I get them from the library ordering system). Both are good light reading involving vampires and other mythical stuff.

Also listening to the Hunger Games series in the car. I've got a 45 minute commute so this is a great way to pass the time... Anyway, would definitely recommend this series - I'm more than halfway through the 2nd book right now and am so eager to see what happens next!

We can be friends!!!! Fever series is my favorite series ever. I'm in love with barons. I just finished Night Huntress series (another fave) and all the novellas and I'm currently reading the Night Huntress World series. I've also read Hunger Games. I loved the first one, the second and third were ok. By any chance, are you a member of Goodreads? That's where I keep track of all the book I've read or plan to read at some point.

I almost forgot. I'm also reading Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Every couple of books I need a break so I pick up something else. I'm also reading the Strange Angels Series by Lilith St. Crow. I'm on the last one that came out but I can't get into it. I'm sick of the main character. After I'm finished with Night Huntress World I'm either going to start the Hollows Series by Kim Harrison or Mercedes Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs

TOTAL Karen Marie Moning fan here!! I hear that they are possibly making a movie soon...would loveeee to see Barrons on film. I have to agree that the Fever series is my fave ever...but I went back and re-read her other series (Highlander?) after and a lot of the characters fit in more than I thought! I can't wait for new stuff from her!

Love the Black Dagger BH series, too...will check into these others!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The BDB series irritates me half the time, but I keep reading it. I like her Fallen Angels series more. I read an absolutely HILARIOUS review of Dark Lover, that said pretty much everything I felt about it. I'd link to it but MFP would censor it anyways. lol
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm crossing my fingers for Fever movie(s). idie!!!!! Barrons *swoon*

I *think* I have Highlander series and I know I have Fallen Angeles Series.....too many books, too little time!!! BDB does get a bit irritating at times that's why I have to read a book or two and then move onto something else. I like the series but it's getting long winded I guess and it's always laid out the same way. The 7th book bored me to tears until I got towards the end. I'm a book 8........well I started the first 50 pages over a month ago. Oops!
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    The Hallows books and the Mercedes Thompson books are both great! I'm also a fan of the Greywalker series as well as the Dresden books. I'm a member of Goodreads too, so any one that would like to stalk me there, send me a PM. :wink:

I -love- the Hallows...Kim Harrison has become one of my favorites, though George R.R. Martin and Jacqueline Carey will be hard to surpass.
  • looklikeaskeleton
    Options
    Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
    all of her book are amazing
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Peach Keeper." It's a good light read.

I've also started "Cinderella Ate My Daughter."
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    The Bait of Satan by John Bevere. . .
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    The Chronicles of the Black Company...and, The Malazan Book of the Fallen series.

Similar reads, in a way...and both incredible series.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm a bookaholic! :-) I just attempted to read "Wicked" but was not getting it at all. I sent it back to the library, but I may attempt it again. So now I'm reading Mercy by Jodi Picoult. Then on to the 12 book of Janet Evanivich. I hate giving up on a book, but I have come to believe life is too short to read a bad book! If I can't get into it by the first 100 pages I move on! I have shelves upon shelves of books! John Saul is one of my FAV's!! Manhatten Hunt Club & The God Project are the best!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson. Book #3 in the series, so far not my favorite.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I've also started "Cinderella Ate My Daughter."

That was really interesting.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I just finished a Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin.
    It was pretty good, not as good as the first book but good.

Now reading Legends of Shannara
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I've loved the George R.R. Martin books for years lol...loooong before the cable mini series lol.

I can also still remember reading the original 'The Sword of Shannara' when I was still a kid in school. The first series to me will always be the best (The Sword, The Elfstones, and The Wishsong)...I never could much get into the others...though to be fair, I've never really tried.

Great books friend =D.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

I've loved the George R.R. Martin books for years lol...loooong before the cable mini series lol.

I can also still remember reading the original 'The Sword of Shannara' when I was still a kid in school. The first series to me will always be the best (The Sword, The Elfstones, and The Wishsong)...I never could much get into the others...though to be fair, I've never really tried.

Great books friend =D.

Same here on the Fire and Ice thing, I also started that series well before the show came out. They did a good job with the series (both with casting and with sticking to the story, I'm impressed actually), but you just can't replicate a book series the same on tv, even the LOTRO books fell far short in the movies (granted, P. Jackson did a passable job on LOTRO, but I would have much rather seen the Belgariad, it would have translated far better, LOTRO had too much history to really play well on the movie screen IMHO). I mean, the whole flashback to the 2nd war was out of context in LOTRO, people who never read the Silmarillion were essentially lost, they didn't understand the whole betrayal thing by Sauron, and the Balrog scene was just sad IMHO, no description, no concept of how powerful those dudes actually were and what a feat it was for Gandalf to fight one alone. I mean come on, what's cooler than being lutenants of Melkor and Ecthelion fighting Gothmog. I still would love to see a LOTRO prequel about the first age of Middle Earth and about the Valar and the fall of Numenor.

I have to say though, and this is an anomaly for me, I actually enjoy the new "prequel" series of the shannara series much better than the original. I read the sword of shannara when I was about 13, it was the second fantasy series I ever read (right after the Belgariad by David Eddings, still my favorite by far, maybe it's nostalgia that makes me feel that way, but just the idea of some random boy growing up to be an UBER powerful demi-god wizard is just cool to me). While I really liked the shannara series, and the second series as well, I couldn't get into the offshoot books (like the Jerle Shannara stuff), but when the prequel came out, I was short of good books, so I decided to give it a try, and you know what? It was very cool.

I always wondered how they got from regular earth with sky scrapers and nukes to magic and trolls, this series does a very credible job of transitioning from regular fiction with a touch of magic, to fantasy with a history of science. I was pleased.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    So glad to find Jacqueline Carey fan!!