Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 254

Options

Replies

• musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,288 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady - you don't say whether you've been getting your water in, I try to drink 2 pints before each meal in an effort to help me feel full!
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    SW RND 254 – 59.7kg
    GW this RND – 59.2kg
    UGW – 54.0 (or to fit back into my favourite walking shorts)

3/17 - 59.7 - weights workout at home.
    3/18 - 59.6 – feeling quite sore from yesterday so planning a short walk.
    3/19 - 59.5
    3/20 - 59.4
    3/21
    3/22
    3/23
    3/24
    3/25
    3/26

According to the internet I need a calorie deficit of 7,700 to lose 1kg of weight, 770 deficit to lose 0.1kg. Since I wasn't blessed in the height department so my steady weight loss this week has to be mainly water weight coming off. Hope it's taken some belly fat with it!
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    So, cant quite figure out how to reply or tag someone while using my phone. But someone here wanted suggestions to stop the mindless tv eating and I have thoughts! I've found the eating is more of something too do with my hands so I've started doing other things while watching tv. Like cross-stitch, doodling, coloring, light exercise like a tredmill etc. Anything that's mindless for you and doesnt require eye sight focus. Gives my brain activity while I zone out to the dancing box! And if I do have/want a snack ... the key for me is portion (pour a small bowl, don't take the whole bag). Hope this helps someone!

That was me @Anna6e11e61ue . Thanks for the tip. Regarding replies, just hit the "quote" button under the text window. To tag, put an @ symbol in front of their user name.
  • Chapter_3
    Chapter_3 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    R254- my 24th

About Me & Health Journey
    Spoiler @ end ⬇️
    📣#bestshapeofmylife📣#
    #helpfulhabits
    Let’s Go! 💪🏻🙌🏻⚡️
    —————————————-
    R254 Focus-Healthy & Fit:
    1. Gain muscle lose fat 🏋️‍♀️- only DOING will ensure success. In it for the long-haul.
    2. Continue “commitments” & reading/working “Habit Mechanic”. Important that my “to dos” become habit.
    3. Identify unhelpful habits and extinguish.
    4. Jump rope every day.
    5. Mindful & Grateful

R254 COMMITMENTS:

To do:
    1. Habit Mechanic - minimum 20 min per day.
    2. 🙆‍♀️Daily Stretch 10-15min
    3. 🤸🏼🏋️‍♀️4x/wk FT 20-30 min
    4. 🚶‍♀️8-10k+ minimum
    5. 📿 ⬆️ jump rope
    6. 💦 70-80oz
    7. 💓Z2 60 min 5x per wk
    8. NSVs - launch new e. helpful habits
    9. MACROS: thru 4/1: S.S.T.Th :10gC, 109gP, 75gF, M.W.F 10gC, 129gP, 30gF
    10. Stay mindful & grateful.

SW RND 254 = 131.0lbs

R254 Previous Daily Comments
    3/17 ⚖️ 131.0lbs
    Yesterday: 7 miles. Beginning to jump rope & build toward 2000 jumps a day. Also, kettlebell routine. Stormy all day today: will squeeze in fitness & Habit Mechanic workbook. I committed to a singles 🎾match tomorrow, which makes me officially crazy.
    🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

3/18 130.2 ✅💪🏻 & finally hit protein- but no reading or 🏋️‍♀️. (Most important goals 🚫) Literally forgot to 📿. (Jump rope). Today will be super active… I’m playing a singles 🎾match this morning and then focusing on my other activities to ✅ off goals one-by one. Food prep for the week!

3/19 129.6 ⚖️ is cooperating but Muscle not increasing. Inbody scan is the only device that can track muscle mass with relative accuracy. MUST lift more. I’m simply not attacking it, and “skinny fat” persists.

Had so much fun at my tennis match yesterday… Lost in a third set tiebreaker… (Which means it was a really close match). First time I played singles in four years & I held my own! My opponent was 20 years younger. Health victory!

Read two chapters of Habit Mechanic. Learning…

Confession: My new weekly report was posted in MFP and I reviewed it… I literally skipped three days of logging and I didn’t even realize it. 🥺 That’s how discombobulated I am since starting this new consulting role.

Offering tremendous respect for everyone in this group… juggling family & work… Here I am retired, working a handful of hours per week, and I’m experiencing challenges with relatively “doable” goals. The mind is an interesting beast - our attitude, choices and priorities… How? Why? This round, I pretty much mindlessly jumped from 253 to 254 without a re-focus. Will address that today.

BTW, my name is Carolyn.

Today- reflection, reset & more tennis and 🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♀️📿.

3/20⚖️ 129.8lbs
    ✅ but only 10 min of 🏋️‍♀️. Playing too much tennis was my excuse.
    I have 🎾 again today then I have catch-up work. Learned from HM that 98% of our thought patterns and actions are habits… Changing them is possible, but it takes EFFORT/hard work. Called WILL POWER. Yesterday I noticed many tinkering, piddling thought patterns & choices that were simply wasteful. Three hours of do-nothing. While food/drink were spot on, I completely wasted the afternoon. Do BETTER TODAY! Your future you deserves more. Need to remember how great it feels to ✅✅✅ each box. Why am I not choosing to do better / be better? what is holding me back? Still reflecting? Time to act. Today: must 🏋️‍♀️& 📿. You owe it to your soul, mind & body.
    3/21
    3/22
    3/23⚖️
    3/24
    3/25
    3/26⚖️

About Me, WOE & Health Journey
    F65, 5’6” married, MawMaw Proud. Clean Ketovore 🥩. Track macros, kcals, all exercise and NSVs. HW 172lbs in 2010.

WOE since 7/2023: Whole Foods. No processed foods. Animal-based proteins. EGGS, Beef, pork, chicken, seafood, venison and grass-fed whey protein. I count macros & kcals - always will. (Since portion control is my issue). Keto is high-fat but I’m now leaning lower healthy fats with leaner proteins. I had paralyzing IBS for 20 years. My mother was diagnosed with celiac’s disease in her 50’s. Following her lead, I eliminated wheat, oat, barley, and rye several years ago…. Dairy? Hard cheese, HWC and butter - an occasional Greek yogurt. Vegetables destroy my digestive system… I love vegetables, but when I splurge, I pay for it for a few days… I do enjoy berries, lemons, limes. Avocados are my weakness. Enjoy a piece of dark chocolate on occasion. Generally, I eat btw noon and 6 pm. (IF18/6). Alcohol? Used to be a social drinker and would enjoy a good martini/scotch or Paloma at home while cooking dinner. NO MORE. Root of many evils. Primarily, the destruction of will power and the enemy of optimal choices. I’d rather journey toward my best-self. I haven’t given up alcohol completely, but I enjoy it sparingly on special occasions. This is me. I finally feel terrific.

History:

I have ALWAYS been ON a “diet” since at least high school. I have never been comfortable with my body - NEVER EVER- no matter my weight.

Pre- college: 125-130lbs
    College- up to 160lbs one year… graduated @130lbs.
    Many different diets each decade!
    1990 (Age 32) - Avg.135/140 lbs (my son was born 1988)
    2000 (Age 42) -Avg 145 -160
    2010 (Age 52) - HW 172 lbs in 2010. 130lbs by end of 2014.
    2020 (Age 62) 130-135lbs
    7/2023 (Age 64) 145lbs
    1/2024 (Age 65) 130lbs

UGW = 129-130lbs
    ⬆️SMM: 100lbs +
    BF% : 23%

Aug 14, 2014 @ 157lbs (down 15 from heaviest of 172lbs in 2010), I decided to take serious control of my health. I lost 30lbs by 11/15/2014. Weight @ 128-132lbs through the end of 2020. Six years!

Another 🎢 Roller Coaster Begins….

2020 through 2021, I fluctuated 132-140 lbs. Always self-conscious.

8/1/ 2022 crept up to 142lbs.
    Dropped to 128lbs again by 10/30 - held 130lbs till 2/1/23.

2023 Back ⬆️ 145lbs by July 15! 15lbs BOOM! Enjoyed eating & margaritas way too much. My nutrition has always been somewhat healthy BUT portion control is/was THE issue. Started tracking again 7/15/23. Joined “Just give me 10 days” R231 in beginning of 8/2023. Here we are @ 130ish determined to…. STOP the 🎢 & be in the
    📣#bestshapeofmylife 📣

The yo-yo is exhausting & unhealthy. Takes up way too much brain space.

I learned MY choices created an emotional 🎢 roller coaster with yo-yo weight and fitness. My forever goal is to be healthy & fit & maintain approx. 130lbs & IN SHAPE - to enjoy my “Senior” years to my fullest.

While active with 🚶‍♀️& 🎾 it’s clear a ST 🏋️‍♀️🤸🏼routine was absent. Strength & balance are 💯most important now. Time to incorporate ST 🏋️‍♀️ 🙆‍♀️🤸🏼as my TRUE focus. I want healthy/fit choices to be my first nature.

Cumulative Round Results
    7/15/23 SW 145lbs
    R231 - R 247, lost 15lbs to 130.
    Avg loss 1lbs per Round. Painfully SLOW.
    Jan/Feb: Ticked up to a steady 132ish. Happier@129-130.
    (I was in “maintenance” for 4 to 6 weeks & slowly ticked up.)
    130.4 on 3/16/24

“Fit & Healthy” - striving to continuously improve my strength for an active quality of life. Let’s go!
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Chapter_3 wrote: »
    R254- my 24th

BTW, my name is Carolyn.

@Chapter_3 : Carolyn is a family name for us, my big sister, my sister-in-law (who's also my dear friend), and my granddaughter! Love your name!

my name is Julia, also a family name :-)
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @musicsax
    beautiful flowers- love your color combinations! love that spring is finally starting- our forsythia are just budding!