Runners - Hip and Knee Pain?

Options
2»

Replies

• amyschaefer
    Options
    Thank for all the tips, I too am trying to run and having similar knee pain. So, will be watching this thread to take in all of the great advice. Keep it coming!!
    I did Jillian Michaels yoga for two days and my knee/hip didn't hurt much at all during my run this morning. I think it is helping since it is the only thing I have changed. That and stretching longer before my run.
  • Ebbsies
    Options
    Thank for all the tips, I too am trying to run and having similar knee pain. So, will be watching this thread to take in all of the great advice. Keep it coming!!
    I did Jillian Michaels yoga for two days and my knee/hip didn't hurt much at all during my run this morning. I think it is helping since it is the only thing I have changed. That and stretching longer before my run.

Yay! :D So happy to hear.
  • amyschaefer
    Options

Yay! :D So happy to hear.

Thank you so much! I was seriously worried I was injuring myself and would have to stop running. I am so happy that with yours and the other's tips it is getting better! Yay!
  • RippedNShredded
    Options
    sounds like ITB, just recovered from it

Cause of my ITB was running on the edge of the road which was uneven and putting alot of stress on my right side. It gradually got worse and when I tried to stretch it and walk it off I could barely walk

The pain/discomfort I had was outside my right knee and just below. Tight right hip and thigh.

The cure
    I used the form roller lossen my right side, glutes, and iced it after.
    here are a fee streches you can do, but make sure to warm up first. do a few forward/backward leg swings... side to side leg swings and if you can walk for a few minutes to get the blood circulating.
    http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=6099

I have my marathon next week and just experienced my injury this sunday. I was expecting to be out of commission until next week.
    Monday, Tues I could barely walk and go down a flight of stairs.
  • amyschaefer
    Options
    sounds like ITB, just recovered from it

Cause of my ITB was running on the edge of the road which was uneven and putting alot of stress on my right side. It gradually got worse and when I tried to stretch it and walk it off I could barely walk

The pain/discomfort I had was outside my right knee and just below. Tight right hip and thigh.

The cure
    I used the form roller lossen my right side, glutes, and iced it after.
    here are a fee streches you can do, but make sure to warm up first. do a few forward/backward leg swings... side to side leg swings and if you can walk for a few minutes to get the blood circulating.
    http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=6099

I have my marathon next week and just experienced my injury this sunday. I was expecting to be out of commission until next week.
    Monday, Tues I could barely walk and go down a flight of stairs.

I do think part of it was running on slanted sidewalks. Thanks for the tips! Good luck on your marathon!