kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Today is:
    800zhi6q0af7.jpeg
    zl0dweqnubrb.jpeg
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,488 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: sense of taste, fuji apples, edge of Joe’s pancake and the warning that that cheese is “off.”
    Popping in to scan a couple of pages before puppy tummy time.
    To all who had bad early experiences with dentists, we are singing the same song. Four permanent teeth pulled before I was nine “to make room”. So afraid of the dentist I vomited, so he gave me a shot to calm me. That was sure to work as I was not at all terrified of needles… not! At seventeen the classic hand on forehead, knee on chest extraction. Small wonder I insist on being sedated. Like Rita I go faithfully every six months to minimize future trouble.
    Lanette glad you’ve found a good take away from the house disappointment. Kylia, Machka, Vicki, Rosemarie, Ava, Allie, Margaret, Lisa, Heather, Tracey, Tina, Annie, Sue, Betsy, Barbie, you are all in my thoughts, but it will take me days to catch up.
    Only thru bg 55 but time to take the dogs to Gold Beach for nail trims.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    ((((HUGS)))) Rita.
    I don't know if you ever listen to podcasts, and everyone has their own favourites, but I was thinking of you when I was listening to the latest "Barb knows best", especially the second half. Episode 110. "Hard but powerful truths."
    As I said in my book, 'The universe supports you - listen to your feedback. ' Lots of love. <3

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    <3Michele sorry about Loki. You gave him a wonderful life.

<3Pip, sorry about your mom.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Pip - (((((((hugs))))))))))) loss is hard but sometimes allows for a different perspective. Thinking of you.
    Rita - thinking of you, take good care and I am glad DH is concerned.
    Michele - sorry to hear of the passing of Loki, pets are part of family too.

Kim in N. California
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Rita - Thinking about you, sending many warm hugs, holding you up virtually, dear heart.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited March 29
    Options
    Michele- the quilt is beautiful.
    Sorry you had to put Loki down- It is hard but when the quality of life just isn't there anymore, it is the thing you need to do. Been through it a few times, never gets easier.

Pip- sorry for your loss. I know it wasn't the best relationship but the grief is still there. Take time for yourself to go through it at your pace.

Tracey- hope you can get some rest- maybe try sleeping in the recliner for a few nights.
    It is not what you are used to but if it gives you even a bit of relief, it is worth it.

Heather- the picture is amazing. I am sure even better to see in person

Debbie
    Napa Valley,
    CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 6min 54sec, 135elev, 2.86ap, 82ahr, 105mhr, 6.13mi= 751c
    Strava app= 751c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 54.26min, gear40, 653elev, 115aw, 17.1amph, 47arpm, 108ahr, 136mhr, 15.49mi= 332c
    Strava app= 359c
    Zwift stats- 54.29min, 655elev, 115aw, 47arpm, 17.07amph, 15.5mi= 360c

Total cal 906
  • ATnowornever
    ATnowornever Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    🦋
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Rita: Scary! Hope you can get a handle on it soon.

Michele: Sad to hear about Loki. It’s a difficult choice, but we do what is best for them. (((Hugs)))

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Michele Loki was lucky to have you in his life.

Rita It has been many years since I had a panic attack. I do remember they told me to have a paper bag handy and if I felt one coming on to breathe into it. What caused it for me was swallow breathing. Breathing into a bag slows the breathing down and helps give you the right CO2 balance. Keep doing those things that help you calm down. The one guided meditation I liked to listen to I got from a Silva mind class I took years ago. One of the mantras was negative thoughts will have no influence over me. I am getting better and stronger everyday. Hearing that as I write it makes me feel better.

Whatever phrase or vision that works for you to help your mind to calm go for it. I just listened to the Urban monk and he recommended it if nothing else concentrate on your breathing. Breathing with your nose. four breaths in...hold for two...four breaths out...hold for two...repeat...

Take care...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Just want to let you all know that if I disappear for a while, it’s because of the panic attacks I’ve been having. Since Sunday’s trip to the ER, I’ve had another mild one Monday which I handles with breathing exercises and Meditation app (Balance) that I have. Had another a little worse on Tuesday and worse on Wednesday. Yesterday, was another bad one like Sunday, but I caught it, calmed it some with breathing and my app and added wine and walking until I went to bed at 7:30. Stayed with me through the night whenever I woke for whatever reason (dog, bathroom, just restless), and still am shaky this morning. I know this is what is happening but can’t see a doctor until the 4th. All the tests the ER did and the meds they gave me made it go away much faster. So anyway, keep me in mind. You all have worse things to deal with, so just remember me. I will try to get on here at least every day. Maybe more. You all seem to comfort me!

I can say DH is begging very good about this and worries. He wouldn’t let me out of his sight when I walked yesterday. I did use a walking stick to help me if I fell go down easier. I haven’t been on the ground since Sunday, but sure do come close lately with dizzy and no balance. At least the camper is small so I don’t have to walk without hanging on to something.

Breathe!!
    RVRita

Rita - take good care. <3 Glad you understand what is happening and you are searching for ways to resolve it. And very happy your DH is being attentive. Hugs and prayers you get over this soon, glad you have a doc appointment next week.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State