javaplace wrote: »
    @exermom

*@SophieRosieMom I emailed my weigh - in to you. 🙂

Ava- Got it, thank you!

Lanette
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    April … continued prayers for your son and praying your dad is feeling better soon.

Beth
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Heather-I work for government so we don't close on Good Friday-most places around here don't. That said, we get 15 other holidays a year so we do quite well. I also get 15 days sick leave per year that accumulates forever and I can cash some out at retirement. I can keep a balance of up to three years vacation on books (for me my max balance can be 600 hours-paid out at retirement). Can't complain about not getting Good Friday off.

Ginny in Ohio

That really surprises me.

Here, just about everyone gets Good Friday off. Even grocery stores may be closed on Good Friday because if you're open on Good Friday, you'll be paying hefty penalty rates.

But when we work for the government (like I do), or banks or other similar places, we get all 5 days off. Good Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Easter Monday, Easter Tuesday.

I often take the rest of the week of (3 days of annual leave) to get 10 days of leave, but didn't do that this year.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited March 30
    Options
    Tracey - I too had a better night. :) I used John's little electric heat pad/blanket, and had it mainly on top of my right hip all night. I also had it underneath for a short while, which meant I could change sides, which helped. I don't want to end up with neck and shoulder pains as well, like you. :| I sympathise with your frustration. <3
    I'm sleeping upstairs, so I don't disturb John while I'm arranging and rearranging myself, getting up for more pills, the toilet, switching the blanket on and off, reading for a short while, etc etc. We do reconvene every morning when I take him a cup of tea, and we chat, while holding hands. I feel that physical connection is so important. Yesterday was a scheduled cuddle session, which we really needed. I've been so much in my own head recently, that he must feel shut out. Now we are smiling. :)
    Our other connection is when we are doing our painting together. And I do feel very connected when we do art with the grandchildren, especially if it's just Edie. It's a beautiful vibe. Fairydust In the air.
    We used to love our singing group, alas defunct. :'(

That's a question I have for those of you who have partners. When do you feel most connected to them?

And for those of you who don't have a partner, when do you feel most connected to others? Singly, or communally.

And for those who don't connect much to others, what do you feel most connected to? Nature? Your pet? Your god? Art?

It might be a good question to ask your significant other, 'when do you feel most connected to me?'
    I feel it's important to build on those moments. I can go days without feeling connected, but then I make an effort to turn it around. Usually by telling my truth and being vulnerable.
    I'm having to work on being open at the moment as pain drives you inward.

April - I feel so sorry that you are going through this. Is anyone being a support to you? Know we are thinking of you. Xxxxxxxx

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Michele, I'm so sorry to hear about Loki. I know it was coming for a while, but it's still hard to let them go.
    Rita, I've never had a panic attack (not sad about that!) and yours sound so frightening! I think I would be in panic mode just worrying about having another panic attack! I sincerely hope that you are able to get them under control, whether its with medication or therapy or a combination of both. I am glad that your hubby is concerned, it's good to have someone watching over us.
    April, thinking of you and your son and your dad, hoping for the best recovery for all.
    Lisa, well done on your brick work! It's amazing what we can accomplish when we put our minds to it!

No workout for me today, the gym is closed today and Monday. I think if they're going to be closed for two days it should be Friday and Sunday, but ....... not my circus, not my monkeys. I thought I would get plenty of walking in today, went to help out with an organization that helps women get back on their feet. We were supposed to be clearing out household items from a woman who had passed away, but there wasn't nearly as much as we had been led to believe, there were three of us and it only took 45 minutes. My plan was to then help the one lady who was meeting other people at the other end, but because we were done so quickly, she was just going to head home, then head out again later. I could have met her there later, but once I got home I really didn't feel like going out again. I also wanted to get a few things done today as I'm having the kids over for dinner tomorrow. I was trying to decide what type of cake to make (chocolate or chocolate!) when carrot cake popped into my head! What better way to celebrate bunnies than with a carrot cake! (Yes, I am aware that we aren't celebrating bunnies, please don't berate me or think less of me, I am spiritual, but am not a churchgoer) Anyway, cakes are baked (recipe makes 2x8" round ones) I plan to make ears and a bowtie out of one cake and the other will be the face. I will try to remember to take pics. I will be going to the gym in the morning so I'd best get to bed!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the new gals!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    edited March 30
    Options
    That's a question I have for those of you who have partners. When do you feel most connected to them?

And for those of you who don't have a partner, when do you feel most connected to others? Singly, or communally.

And for those who don't connect much to others, what do you feel most connected to? Nature? Your pet? Your god? Art?

It might be a good question to ask your significant other, 'when do you feel most connected to me?'
    I feel it's important to build on those moments. I can go days without feeling connected, but then I make an effort to turn it around. Usually by telling my truth and being vulnerable.
    I'm having to work on being open at the moment as pain drives you inward.

April - I feel so sorry that you are going through this. Is anyone being a support to you? Know we are thinking of you. Xxxxxxxx

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

What do you mean by "feel most connected"? How would you describe a 'connected' feeling? What does 'connected' feel like?

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    I am in agony in my shoulder and neck when I try to lay down to go to sleep. I was up and crying last night off and on . It’s fine during the day though. I did some googling and couldn’t decide what it might be, but everything suggests it should be better with rest and to change my sleeping position. It’s hard when you sleep the same way for 55 years to change.

I’m hoping a three day weekend will help it.

Tracey in Edmonton

Maybe try a different pillow?

I need quite a thick, firm pillow or my shoulders and neck bother me.

M in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options

Today’s gratitude:
    Lanette thanks for the insulin resistance rabbit hole survey and Dr. Bikman “Why we get sick” recommendation. Triglycerides/HDL at 1.4 last year, will see what happens in June. If Glucose the same as Fasting Blood Sugar I’m ok at 83, but can’t find ever having had an A1C test. Look forward to hearing more about your new Dell. Found this interesting: https://www.zdnet.com/article/when-windows-10-support-ends-you-have-5-options-but-only-2-are-worth-considering/ Makes me think I should try to learn something new. . . like linux… :laugh:
    Kylia thanks for sharing your ratios, inspired me to check Joe’s from last year. 2.17! Need to read that book and cook more for Joe…
    Lisa “…gifted [the snake} to the neighbor over the back fence” :laugh: That’s what I used to do with slugs, when our rear neighbor had a rooster . . . Alas, no, I’ve not heard anything back from Katla or her people. :cry:
    Tracey your rearranged craft room is inspiriational.
    Machka impressed at your ability to find the positive in the lost crown. Feel for you facing those three expensive dental steps. “. . . like a fine banana” :laugh:
    Joy your place settings sound beautiful and your “adding 5 minutes” plan is inspiring.
    Ginny What Lisa, Kim, Machka, Evelyn and Tracey said. Glad your brain processed a such good plan.
    Rita OMG! What a terrifying experience. Like Heather (and doubtless others) suggested hope you get more thoroughly checked out. ((hugs))
    Kim yours to Rita about DH finding her on the floor and not calling 911 immediately. WTH? Please be sure and let us know when your air bnb is ready for guests ;)
    Rosemarie “5 minutes matter” and “Progress, only progress” thanks, I needed that. Would your son know what to do with your husband’s old computers?
    Tina Ah, spring wildflowers blooming in the desert. :love: the pics.
    Flea :love: the patio and the Harley photobomb.
    Sue hope you can soon put the troublesome tenant completely out from your life.
    Heather so thankful the surgeon visit went well and there is now a plan. Most relieved that John has come through. Hope there is something that can be done for your pain in the meanwhile. ((gentle hugs held extra extra long))
    Vicki “woke up to a couple of inches of snow” :noway: MD’s having hissy fits? Foo!
    Beth yours (and others) to Rita about a second (and in depth) look.
    Only thru bg 62 but time to snooze…
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
  • Machka9
    Options
    Good Morning,

I am up and ready for yoga class. Also will do 40 minutes on the treadmill. I was quite short of breath doing this yesterday. And the shortness of breath lasted for hours. This morning I am fine.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georiga

Why are you experiencing shortness of breath?

• Machka9
    Options
    3 months into this year's challenge ...

7xn2q5aefhjt.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited March 30
    Options
    vgvk2066ssm3.png

lvyl1khectjr.png

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Machka - I don't know how to answer your question. I would say, on the evidence of your sharing on here, that you feel most connected to Rhody, and your garden. You feel connected to your husband when you are cycling, or organising rallies. I may be completely wrong! :p The beach? The sea?

Sometimes I describe it as, "In the right place, at the right time, doing the right thng."

I really value my connection to my friends these days. Just a few of them. A meeting of minds. Unconditional regard.

Love you all. Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3