Ooof, this is tough.

Options
megganjana
megganjana Posts: 61 Member
Hi! I’m Meggan. 31 year old mom of two!
I’ve been on a weight loss journey my entire life. Like literally as long as I can remember. I’ve lost, I’ve gained, I’ve lost & I’ve gained even more. It’s always been a huge hurdle in my life. I’ve been 158 pounds and I’ve been 248 pounds.
I’m once again on another journey to lose weight. I am done having kids and I want to be around for a long time. I want to play around with my grandkids and be healthy and alive long enough to watch them get married. I want to be the best mom for my babies and show them how to live a healthy life.

So I’m almost 3 weeks into this journey.
I’ve been using my walking pad 30-60 minutes a day on the weekdays and my husband just set up a ‘gym’ in our garage.
I’m counting calories and focusing on high protein.

I’m here for all the friends, fun, advice and encouragement 🫶🏻

Replies

• kelleyrantz94
    kelleyrantz94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds very similar to me! Two kids and I’ve been so busy with my kiddos I haven’t taken care of me. Sounds like your husband is supportive!
  • bswolfe8847
    bswolfe8847 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just remember that your weight is up to you. Unfortunately, it's taken my 60+ years to believe this. Fortunately, I finally get it. For example, the food no one sees me eat does count. It's my body and my intake. My retreat is it's taken me this long to take back control of my eating. I'm down 62 pounds with 45 more to go. You've got this. Just keep your eye on the prize. I feel great, look the best I've looked in years and am having fun with wearing old favorites that I hung on to. God has been my strength and my comforter when I've felt hopeless or deprived. Go get what you've always wanted. You can do this!
  • AlissaAMTaylor
    AlissaAMTaylor Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same as well. Add me and we can be on this journey together. I'm ready to lose this weight! ❤️
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Just remember that your weight is up to you. Unfortunately, it's taken my 60+ years to believe this. Fortunately, I finally get it. For example, the food no one sees me eat does count. It's my body and my intake. My retreat is it's taken me this long to take back control of my eating. I'm down 62 pounds with 45 more to go. You've got this. Just keep your eye on the prize. I feel great, look the best I've looked in years and am having fun with wearing old favorites that I hung on to. God has been my strength and my comforter when I've felt hopeless or deprived. Go get what you've always wanted. You can do this!

Nailed it!!!
  • erynkcameron
    erynkcameron Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, Meggan! In the same boat. 2 kids, and about 70 pounds to lose. I've always been semi-overweight, and after my first son, I lost 100 pounds without trying due to breastfeeding. It's so depressing realizing I've gained all that weight back, plus some. I've definitely been bouncing back and forth with motivation. It seems like every extra pound gained takes me further from my goal weight, and it gets overwhelming. But I'm really trying to get on board and stay on board, so I can be around for my kids and grandkids. I got a walking pad at work and home, so I can walk most of my day (I work in a medical office).
    Cheers and best of luck to us!
  • bswolfe8847
    bswolfe8847 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Meghan. Just thinking about you and wanted to check in and see how you're doing on your plan. Hope you're seeing some success!