Tracey - Thinking of you and your friend ❤️

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Pg 11 Having an early night so will catch up in the morning.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie - good to hear from you, I was getting a little concerned. Hope they can get you scheduled for the CT scan ASAP. Glad your breathing is better.

Barbie - very nice shirts and very nice photo. :)

Pip - why was there a limit as to how many could attend the service? Was it a teeny room? I'm trying to envision the set-up. I'd probably skip the gold teeth but that reminded me of when my DH had his teeth removed to get dentures - he had gold in some of them. I wondered if the dentist extracted the gold and made some $$ on the side. :p

Linda - cute grandkids. Also loved the photo of you and your gang at the SIX play. :p I enjoy hearing about your day and your activities.

Tracey - enjoy catching up with your friend.

Beth - snow! Hope traffic isn't too bad for your son on Monday. I haven't seen the weather reports, am wondering if clouds and rain will dampen some of the excitement. It will still get dark though.

Computer stuff:
    I managed to uninstall Windows 10S and get plain old Windows 10 installed, then downloaded LibreOffice on the new laptop. So far it looks good. Still using the Edge browser, taking my time to see if I want to use something different.

On this old laptop, I discovered that the scan feature on my Canon Pixma scanner/printer/copier doesn't work with Windows 11, Printer works just fine. Not sure if there's a fix for it, from what I found on Google lots of folks are having this problem. So it's not just me.

Which tells me I'm going to keep Windows 10 on the new machine for as long as I can, that scan works. I don't use the scan feature very often but sometimes it comes in handy - though I could go to the library and use theirs, so I have a plan B.

I'm waiting for Alex and the chain saws to pull in, he messaged me a little while ago they are running late but would get here. Turns out we actually have sunshine peeking through so weather might be better later on anyhow.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

The room wasn’t tiny, it could have held everyone
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Barbie – books for a preschool gift would be great. Only I KNOW that Denise won’t read them to PJ, he can’t read yet, and I’m not there enough to read to him.

Kim – I know PJ has a lunchbox from preschool, but a backpack might be good.

Linda – for his birthday, we got PJ this remote fart machine. 5-year-olds think farts are hilarious.

Rita – an art kit is interesting. I just have to wonder how much if at all Denise will work with PJ with it when we’re not there

Our Roombas are named Buzz (as in Buzz Lightyear) and Hubble (as in the Hubble telescope). The robotic cleaner for the pool is Rover

Remember a few years ago I had a pain in my right side of the leg. I was convinced it was my hip and that I was looking at hip replacement. At one point I couldn’t even exercise. That’s when Vince knew it was bad. As it turned out, it was sciatica, I would never have thought it. The MD prescribed prednisone and it started to feel better in a few days and was completely gone in about a week. Well, I’m getting the same feeling in my right leg and if it doesn’t get better, I’m going to go to the MD. I don’t want it to get as bad as it did before

Vince actually suggested to me that we take our walk in ½ hour since it’ll get too cold for him (my words) after dinner. But it’s great that he’s wanting to do it, even if I would like to do more. Maybe after we take our walk I’ll take a walk around the neighborhood. Update: we went for a walk then I went for a walk around the neighborhood. I’m getting bored with the same scenery, looks like I will have to drive somewhere to go on another walking trail. This I don’t like

Love reading pip’s saga.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Heather - Love the pieces, glad Max didn't give up! I keep forgetting - I finished the peacock painting clock that I promised Corey. He immediately took it away from me and hung it up in his sunroom. He knows I'm never happy with the things I do, and I'll second-think it.
    skhfkz85cyrj.png
    It looks big, but it's only 10 inches wide.

People are Chicken Littling all over the place here because we're near the totality of the eclipse path... just annoying. Not dismissing the fact that it's kind of cool, but disrupting lives because of it is just silly. We don't live in medieval times, we know what happens, we know when it will happen, and in all honesty, it's just a natural phenomenon like a rainbow. Very cool, but nothing to get all het up about.

Pardon me while I go get all cranky in the corner.

Grf.

Lisa in Arkansas

Beautiful peacock ... I love that colour blue!

Yes, something weird came around on FB the other day about keeping all pets and other animals inside during the eclipse.

Why? It's not like death rays are going to shoot out from the sun! So it will go dark for a little while. Animals can usually handle that.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Yesterday, I dug up bulbs ... some of the bulbs. We have quite a large bulb bed so I only got about 1/3 of it dug. I haven't done a lot of digging in the garden just recently and my glutes are feeling it!

I also pulled weeds at the new place. It's been empty since January, so there are a few weeds around.

Question about flooring:

What is your preferred flooring?
    - carpet (thick, thin?)
    - vinyl
    - laminate
    - engineered hardwood
    - hardwood
    - tiles
    - stone
    - bamboo
    - cork
    - concrete

And why?

I'm thinking I would like to get rid of all carpet for allergy reasons and because I see carpet as dirty in the sense that it collects and hides all sorts of things.

Concrete wouldn't work where we are, but I also see it as cold and industrial.

Tiles have grout which (in my experience) ends up looking grubby over time.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Machka I like hardwood and engineered hardwood. It's pretty and durable and I don't mind sweeping it.

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    edited April 6
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka so very very happy for you. :love: the views. Would love to see pics of your current garden after all your plants/hardscape have been move to the new one.
    Barbara

This is a panoramic photo of the front/side yard of the house we're currently living in.

rzpfzobreqiu.png
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72177720306405234/with/52897001190

Everything in that photo stays because it was here before we got here except:
    - greenhouse
    - apple trees
    - beehives and sign
    - buddleia
    - birdbath
    - strawberries

Most of the drystream will stay too.

All the hedges, the japanese maple, the cypress or cedar or whatever it is, the protea, and the roses were all there before and will stay.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    aoi9muiooa82.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    OK Lisa, I've been looking on YouTube. What material did you use? They all seem to use cardboard.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    233dqcal507q.jpg
    I have a "Warmie" problem! Grey bear front and center is a constant companion. The others take turns in my bed. They love the "hot tub" aka microwave. Definitely a help for stress and anxiety. Easier on the body than alcohol and chocolate.

Comfort foods I had forgotten about open faced cheese toast! Mine are cinnamon sugar toast and chicken n dumplings.

I too use the take out box at start of meals out unless I haven't eaten all day.

Annie I love steak n shake shakes, but at over 1k calories per, it is a rare treat!

Eclipse we are working, but most places closed here.

Gotta get ready for work.

<3
    Kylia