Calories burnt while fighting a chicken?

Options
joprotherough
joprotherough Posts: 39 Member
So I spent 45 minutes today chasing/being chased by our young cockeral. I was trying to get him...and the other 16 chickens... out of this little old lady's huge garden, but I needed to capture him first as he's recently turned into a psychotic maniac (ie its spring). Forty five bloody minutes running around wielding a 6 foot wooden curtain pole with a big wooden knob at each end, like some inept ninja.

Gotta be good exercise though right? Sudden sprints, changes in direction, rapid running backwards (i have scars from previous battles so i know when to retreat), arm exercise with the big heavy pole.

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    ๐Ÿ˜‚i haven't had any boy birds in a couple of years. They kept getting themselves killed defending the ladies who didn't really need any help.

Anyway, I think you may have earned an extra pat of butter
  • mylittlechocobo
    mylittlechocobo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/shorts/z42wltzXSCo

For next time! Haha. Definitely ร  workout though, been there, done that. One particular rooster liked to get himself on the top of the chicken coop, he was harder to get to.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    ๐Ÿ˜‚i haven't had any boy birds in a couple of years. They kept getting themselves killed defending the ladies who didn't really need any help.

This is some analogy for life ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Ladybird says, "protect me from who?"
  • artsrule
    artsrule Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Hens don't need Roosters in shining armor ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ˜…
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

๐Ÿ˜‚ you're right.

I did have one very sweet rooster once. He liked cuddles and he scratched up food for his ladies and not surprisingly he lived into old age and died of natural causes
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options

20 hens are better than 1 rooster?