WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Had to be up early for dr appt. at 9AM. The fun gyn PAP test.
    Usually not a big deal. I have had the same dr for years and she is really good-painless and quick.
    The assistant that checked me in/weighed(was 2 lbs more than I was at home but that is fine because I was fully dressed w/ shoes on and BP was perfect). She said my dr had an intern with her, was that ok. I said yes. Well, boy was that a mistake. Thinking it would be another lady dr and in comes this HUGE- well over 6' tall big black MAN!! He did the exam-my dr just stood there. He was NOT gentle. It really hurt. had to hold my dr's hand. So glad it was fairly quick. And, beings it is just once every 3 yrs as long as this one comes out ok like all the others have, I only have one more- they stop at 65yrs old.

Got done and met dh at his mom's. Walked her dog for 30 min. Had an appointment to drop my car off for oil change at 10:30 so had an hour to kill- he enjoys the longer walks- I will do more tomorrow beings I don't have class or wetlands walk.
    Went to Black Friday- found some cool deals-everything was $2 each

My favorite one was a set of 5 of the acrylic center piece "vase"
    I got two from there before and they work great for my AeroPods/hydroponic garden starts.
    https://www.amazon.com/WORHE-Rectangular-Arrangements-Centerpiece-CH450/dp/B09MHS3DLF/ref=sr_1_6?crid=9FZ4QIRG19FJ&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.CyGfh2OTbU5KtVwu2RoiW0m5BsnYchfaIEfj1lqfj4rGMn7Y6zyGK8Hu19AihBrvZw67lHnhFo45b_AlzMsuuSFgevJmhQPslQmyaseBbd4DkMkRbkjXNhMeWljzxRUgQT8fZCsOWXTRklx7gA0NIkDIioASPeD21ICzgi3Upew_GKYmrMG2asBq30i3AbFv3vP-QmQlslbvPfwht_4TTkt6Y-1WZ14Wf5QB85EHrdeErkk13LbIEZgPGnToVa_crJnzlt_0VK5sYUXLe5Oik5EUHyPsWGyLzYrfmwb6D5A.sit7TVwuJ6ic08Oh8hR_EstLXlL594yvIHLP67SnwvQ&dib_tag=se&keywords=clear+acrylic+fresh+flower+display&qid=1713218915&sprefix=clear+acrylic+fresh+flower+display,aps,196&sr=8-6&th=1

Right before I found that bag, I found a bag of the Aeropod holders-40 pk which I had needed.

The vases are great for now but I will also be able to use them next summer at our class reunion that I am in charge of. Using them will be simple for our decorations.

We bought a bunch of other things. One that has to be a mistake is a cat bed.

https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Daybed-Furniture-Bedside-Indoor/dp/B0C3897R2D/ref=sr_1_145?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.zQJY5ry9rxRmB0o0rFY2_fyOL65FM_ZoA0vg2c7uUfQ6GPQ0iScO-9kaqUUTFccoumMRmfZ_NjkX3QvDnLbLFHqpSeMkMOx1nmOtiv5kAIsjalqKF3oWHY9I2yfzn6vVadKm0tmxf-_-1OuhWEEwGA1dKmr5R7GdsqU_FX_inoUjjLq10cYjuqp3IgXIcNVZ._fWE61LntTQSeRgZqfnKTtjqpfe_dV-imFTw5jZBEpw&dib_tag=se&keywords=wooden+elevated+cat+beds&qid=1713219386&s=pet-supplies&sr=1-145

Have class tonight. Will be at at least 8,000 before starting so should get 15,000 steps in by the time I go to bed.

No plans at all for tomorrow.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 24sec, 40elev, 3.01ap, 84ahr, 104mhr, 46arpm, 6.09mi= 592c
    Strava app = 746c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 51.43min, 554elev, 113aw, 17.5amph, gear40, 108ahr, 138mhr, 15.05mi= 313c
    Strava app= 334c
    Zwift stats- 51.44min, 557elev, 113aw, 46arpm, 17.51amph, 15.1mi= 335c

Total cal 905
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitudes: D tried line dancing again, despite not liking country music ;). The porta potty at the high school playing field halfway through my after PT stroll. :naughty:
    Tracey :love: the pics and the causeway story. :heart: Con very grats on completing your course with such high marks. Bravissima on your first day in class!
    Lisa woo hoo for the clear view and Bravissima for the planter! What you said about Machka’s coworker sounds right. Thanks for the kidulthood link. When Joe gave me a teddy bear with “old friend” on its heart, the tears sprang up and I hugged it real hard. Now I thing of my bff whenever I see it and give it a little hug.
    Michele so relieved you’re feeling better, amazing what fresh air, exercise and sunshine can do! Would a sprinkle of diatomaceous earth encourage the red ants to relocate?
    Machka I really admire your adventurous attitude about jobs and STAR interviews. wow, just wow. I’m so glad I’m retired, and my last job was with the same company for 30 years. I even wrote my own performance reviews and gave them to my supervisor in advance . . . ;) Some of your Hong Kong photos made me quite dizzy and oh nooo, sssnakessssss! I think buying socks with bees on them was the most appropriate response you could have to that woman. SMH.
    Lanette shoulder MRI showed moderate tendon tear, osteoarthritis and small joint effusion and bursitis. Chiropractor calls it the trifecta. :laugh: Fortunately conservative treatment (no surgery, no cortisone shots) and daily PT stretches should help.
    KJ so glad to see you pop in, and congrats on the lowest weight in years. Hoping asking will get you good help/guidance.
    Rita so glad to see you posting your beautiful photos again. Great ideas for Michele. Bravissima for gearing up for the DDS.
    Flea ditto about the puh KAHNs and wishing someone could bring us news of @KetoneKaren.
    Debbie do your neighbors’ dragonfruit plants produce fruit? I’ve never eaten it, what’s it like? So sorry about that clumsy, hurtful intern. :cry:
    Ginny will be very interested to hear of your Uqora experience.
    Rori and Kylia love seeing your smiling faces pop in.
    Belated welcome @defiant63 Karen in BC. Did you see Lanette’s post on soleus pushups? Something that you could do seated that might help you prepare for your surgery. https://www.soleusmetabolism.org/ and https://stories.uh.edu/2022-soleus-pushup/index.html
    Rusty so sorry to hear about your dad, and the leaking countertops. ((hugs))
    Heather hooray for the refunds but boo to the pain, and UTI on top of everything else. Your powering through to get things done is an inspiration!
    Annie The temp doctor situation is very scary, but surely an examination could reveal he’s past driving safely? So glad you enjoyed Camelot. Think your decision to hold off on the $$$$ pharmacy tech training is sound. Is your friend diabetic?
    Carol ((hugs)) sad to see the places we once loved so very changed.
    Sue never heard of a dental appliance tor sleep apnea. Googled it and found https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/21129-oral-appliance-therapy-for-sleep-apnea Joe would never consider a CPAP machine but might do this, if only it would help with his dry mouth. Alas that’s one of the side effects . . .
    Pip that’s a lot of work! Nicely done!
    Finally caught up!
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    April: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Well im awake sonce 2:30 am ..silly cat... oh well thank goodness I don't have to get up to go to work..
    Will try and get some sleep in..
    Nothing much new going on..same ol same ol..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Today is a good day to celebrate Pecans! We have several orchards around Roswell. How do you say the word ‘pecan’ “pee-kahn” or “pee-can”? I lean toward the latter. I hear both versions at the park.

RVRita

I go with pee-can.

And I LOVE butter pee-can tarts. :)

nec8hpx015q5.png

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    RustyBFF wrote: »
    Hello all,

Dragon fruit is so pretty but doesn't really taste of much to me. I would love to see it growing though. Certain fruit are so fantastic that seeing them growing does not feel real. I felt that way when I saw pineapples growing and cashews in India. So different from the vine and orchard fruits of the UK.

Have a good Monday
    Rusty in Yorkshire

Yes, I found it fairly bland.

One fruit I wish we'd get down here in Tasmania is the custard apple. I liked those!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Had to be up early for dr appt. at 9AM. The fun gyn PAP test.
    Usually not a big deal. I have had the same dr for years and she is really good-painless and quick.
    The assistant that checked me in/weighed(was 2 lbs more than I was at home but that is fine because I was fully dressed w/ shoes on and BP was perfect). She said my dr had an intern with her, was that ok. I said yes. Well, boy was that a mistake. Thinking it would be another lady dr and in comes this HUGE- well over 6' tall big black MAN!! He did the exam-my dr just stood there. He was NOT gentle. It really hurt. had to hold my dr's hand. So glad it was fairly quick.

And, beings it is just once every 3 yrs as long as this one comes out ok like all the others have, I only have one more- they stop at 65yrs old.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

I've completely stopped getting PAP tests from my GP ... when my period stopped, so did PAPs.

But I have been going to my gynaecologic-oncologist annually. When I saw him last year, he said if I were still cancer-free this year, I wouldn't have to go back. It's been about 4 years since cancer cells were found.

M in Oz