One/ Two pot recipes

Options
scampagnone
scampagnone Posts: 3 Member
Good afternoon everyone. I’m having trouble finding easy recipes that don’t involve a lot of chopping. I have five shoulder surgeries and deal with chronic pain. Trying to find meals that would work for me and my toddler.Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best Answers

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Buy frozen vegetables instead of fresh. They don't have to be chopped. Modify what you already like to eat so that it calls for frozen instead of fresh. For onions, you can use pearl onions. Buy pre-peeled garlic and only chop it coarsely. Use a food processor when you can. You still have to wash it. Roast whole vegetables like beets or potatoes or cut them into larger pieces like cauliflower. You can roast whole cauliflower; it's dreamy.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Do your injuries allow you to use a food processor? When I am cooking large batches will use the food processor for chopping onions and the grater attachment for hard root vegetables as well as the slicer for softer vegetables. I use a mini food processor for mincing garlic and ginger and herbs.

Answers

• scampagnone
    scampagnone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I have a blender and food processor at home. I will definitely use these to make meals easier.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    If you struggle with peeling vegetables, I pop hard to peel items such as squash for a minute in the microwave where softening makes them easier to peel.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I’m a fan of frozen vegetables and meat. Neither require much more than occasionally dividing a larger piece. No peeling or chopping or whatever people do with fresh vegetables. Other than snacking vegetables (that come pre-cut) and bagged salads I probably haven’t used a fresh vegetable in months. Frozen has a wider, cheaper variety and doesn’t rot in the Drawer of Doom in the fridge.
  • Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Not as good as fresh, but in a pinch, I will put canned/sliced carrots in stew if fresh not avail. Put at end. I use dry beans for all my soups (no cans to open), taste 10x better
  • zahraB1
    zahraB1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I can relate with you. I'm lossing weight, so i need a balanced low calory diet. Actually i'm a lazy kind of a person so making food with extra effort is difficult. I found the recipes for balanced diet. It's really helping me out!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of bags of pre-cut fresh vegetables (for example stir-fry veggies) to save time. I really can't stand frozen or canned vegetables (with a few very specific exceptions like peas).

Also: I will just be lazy for some vegetables
    - I don't peel my carrots anymore (extra fiber :wink: )
    - for oven-roast vegetables I sometimes cut into huge pieces (for example: one celeriac would be 8 pieces) to save time and effort - it takes longer to roast but I'll often do a work-out while it's roasting.