WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,873 Member
    Options
    After work, I got a little sample tub of the blue paint I like ... at half strength.

I also got a little sample tub of a slightly different colour of blue.

We'll see how they look at the weekend.

Watching Lego Masters. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited April 16
    Options
    Well my first day is in the books. School sure isn’t what I remember. It’s been a long time since I’ve been in a classroom, even the teachers are younger than my girls. 😂
    I had forgotten how rude junior high students could be.
    I think I’m going to enjoy it, tonight I’m not because my foot is hurting so bad, I didn’t sit all morning. I did sit some this afternoon.

Tracey in Edmonton

Yay!! :)

It's worth getting good quality shoes and socks. In my practicums, I was often on my feet all day.

I'm not sure where your foot hurts but maybe some arch support socks ... or maybe compression socks.

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I had a moody day yesterday and had a small binge at dinner time. Bread, cookies and cheese. Oh well, today's a new day. A beautiful sunny day. I can do better.

I don't know if my friend who has the weight loss injections is diabetic or not. I'm not, and I don't have as much to lose, so I'm probably not a good candidate for them.

When I took my mom to the doctor for Alzheimer's, they just talked to her. There was a bit of an exam, that included things like drawing a clock and remembering words for a few minutes. I bet they would just ask me if dad should be driving.

Well I need to keep moving along to my exercise.

Have a marvelous day, ladies! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    edited April 16
    Options
    I may have posted this 3 years ago.

Questions

1. Where are you on the chart below?
    I feel like I've been in the Learning Zone since the mid-1990s ... nearly 30 years.
    But now, I feel like I'm on the edge of the Learning Zone, heading toward the Growth Zone.

2. Where would you like to be on the chart below?
    3 years ago, I wanted to figure out what my comfort zone is and spend a bit of time there. Then I thought I might want to move on to the Growth Zone.
    Now, I'd like to venture into the Growth Zone and see what that's like.

3. What is your comfort zone? How would you define a comfort zone?
    3 years ago, I didn't know what a comfort zone was. It had been so long since I was in one.
    Now, I think I do retreat to my comfort zone from time to time when I need to.
    I think my comfort zone includes colouring, reading novels, cycling, walking, gardening, the work I'm currently doing, etc.

tzvzv7yler8t.png

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Morning, my chickens,

Yesterday was a reasonably lazy day... in comparison to recent ones, anyway. Made nearly twice as many steps each day this weekend. But I did get most of my chores done. Trying to convince myself to do floors today, and that really is a chore. Both convincing myself I have to and actually doing it. 😀🧹🙄😁 Least-liked chore.

So... I've snarfed a little breakfast, time to get going with yoga first. Anything to put off the floors! Gloomy day, maybe some rain in the early afternoon, if the weather weasels got it right.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

• RustyBFF
    RustyBFF Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I'm enjoying the little snippets on here. It has the makings of a future film about a bunch of supportive women on the internet who find themselves suddenly having to pull together to solve or plot a murder. Or more upliftingly save one of us when they have to flee from there current home.

So if this were to happen who would play you? I think it might be fun to visualise each other this way.

I think I would like to be played by Helena Bonham Carter

Rusty in Yorkshire
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    pinh wrote: »
    Hi all,

The weekend weather was gorgeous. Made the extra dog walk a pleasure. The fluff asked for one...and why not. Sunshine and good breeze. Also able to connect with a friend I haven't seen since before the holidays in December. It was really nice catching up with her.

Sue in Wa. I second whoever mentioned keep good notes. Crazy or not, it could be pesky if it turns into "you said, they said." Showing the communications can bring clarity in a contested situation. But also...yeah. They sound out there. Sorry you are dealing with that.

RV Rita - I don't have any coloring books but I do think it is a lovely way to relax. Nothing serious...just chance to let your mind do something with color and design.

Kevrit-worth talking with your doc about modifying prescriptions. Maybe the drug boosts appetite or maybe it is a stress response. There could be other ways to approach that meet your needs. Not everyone does the same path. Be true to your needs.

Annie in Delaware - The good thing is that you are identifying patterns that make your goals harder to achieve. It sucks to look back and recognize something that undercut...but it is useful information. Sometimes it lets you have determination to not do it in the future, or to choose different foods that better serve you. Information gives you power.

Rusty - Hi! Welcome.

Everyone else-thanks for sharing and being part of the work.

FYI. I hate the get up without hands task. I know the cool way is to just be able to practically levitate upwards, but I don't have that kind of all around strength. I can get up, but it is a bit of work to reposition without my hands. Not graceful.

-Anna in Michigan

Thanks Anna! There are a few of us here that color. I vary the type of books and the coloring media, like pencils, markers, crayons,
    And paint pens. Fun to see what you can do. I’ve tried paint with water, but those don’t work very well and end up coloring them in with my own colors.

As far as the medications go, I don’t want to take anything to lose weight or add any more for depression. Those just won’t work long term. I did it without any chemicals before, I can do it again if I get my willpower back where it needs to be, and @Pip uses her ‘boot’ on me for encouragement! I’ve just been getting over the medication withdrawal effects. Plus, I started drinking wine in the evening on the advice of the ER doc. I need to stick to 1 glass of wine, and having something that will hold me over until morning without snacking. Since my kidneys started acting up, I can’t do low carb/high protein any more so trying to find the right combination for me. I believe ‘you are what you eat’ is true and has worked for me in the past. Hard to get the right balance, especially when I get depressed about the scale. So for that, I used to weigh daily, but for now went to once a week to record here. Actually I do 2, Sunday then Monday mornings and take the lower weight to log.

Thanks for the encouragement!

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    Today is I love orchids but never could grow one. Anyone here grow them?

j25bmmjfn9ul.jpeg
    tdig9vchojs3.jpeg
    wt8lo2bqspu0.jpeg

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    @Rusty gave me an idea. I have an active imagination and always liked writing, so I need your help. I found this online, but we can do this virtually. Please pick a character for yourself and I will see if I can get a story going for us. Read through the screen shots and fill in where you want, that is if you want to play. I’ll put things together for a fun story about us and by us. The MFP Murder Mystery Women Fantasy!!

6rp2qonv9i0j.jpeg
    s28wt0lqa3m4.jpeg
    he7ataxv4kqo.jpeg

I wish to be the Fairy Godmother part. Who do you want to be??

w8ofbj34vi5u.png
    ysxu6362w6bm.png
    zkdncmfizx37.png

RVRita in Roswell, NM
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,339 Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    Popping in again.

My northern Indiana dad would say "you'uns". I don't recall anyone else in my family or the area using that term. :D

Around here in my area of the Pacific Northwest, we say "puh-CAHNS."

Debbie - I meant to comment earlier on that intern performing your pelvic exam. Sometimes the nurses or doc would ask if it's OK for an intern to be there. If it was a male, NOPE! Once I had a guy follow the doc into the exam room. In my own sweet way I said "what's HE doing here?" I guess she could tell by the sound of my voice that I didn't want him in there so they left the room and she returned alone, apologizing.

For things other than pelvics or something involving me taking my clothes off, I don't mind guy interns or students. They all have to learn. Just not on MY lady parts, lol.

Once my DH had to go to the clinic to have a little infection on his hiney taken care of. Dr. Paul was booked so DH got Dr. Lisa and a student. Part of the procedure was to inject a little numbing agent. The student did his best but wasn't very skilled and DH really felt it. He yelled an F-Bomb so loud I think they could hear it in the waiting room. I stifled a laugh but Dr. Lisa took the syringe from the kid and said "I'll take it from here" and finished the procedure. :*

Looking back, it was probably good for student to be exposed to an old grump like my DH. Comes with the territory.

DH and I actually had a lot of laughs about it later, hope the student wasn't too traumatized. :p:p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State