Any tip on how i can navigate the app?

Options
Hello! Im new user of the app. And im struggling to navigate the because of my busy work hours. Is there any other way to log what i eat easily?

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    Welcome to MFP @cristinepulanco

Anything worth doing is going to take effort, right? You’re going to have to think of it as something you’re worth setting the time aside for.

It does get easier, though. Most people don’t eat radically different day to day or even week to week.

Once you’ve entered some foods, MFP will start automatically suggesting them the next time you key in the first few letters. After a while it will “learn” that you usually eat this with that and will start suggesting foods often eaten together.

For example, I usually eat a bowl of cottage cheese, frozen berries, sweet balsamic and a spoonful of grape nuts every afternoon. All
    I have to do is enter “cott” and it pulls up the whole list and I just hit the radio buttons of the ones I want to add. It even uses the same quantities as last time, which makes it easy, because I always weigh out the same amount of berries, cottage cheese etc every day anyway.

There’s also functions to copy meals from other days. I usually eat the same breakfast several days in a row, so copying makes it convenient.

I also save dishes as meals rather than recipes. The recipe tab is inflexible. Saving recipes as meals means I can copy them, tinker with them, etc. Saving a recipe as a meal also means it saves individual ingredients to my diary.

My husband copies my meals over to his own diary. I get more calories than he does, which means I usually have a larger peice of meat than him, so individual ingredients makes it easy for him to adjust his quantities.

Hope this all makes sense. It really does get easier once you get a little practice under your belt.
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,948 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community!!

There are some great threads created by our members, stickied to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's