WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Rebecca cute hairstyle. Glad you are happy with it

:) My hair was starting to get long when the pandemic started and hair salons shut down. I haven't had a professional cut since. I have trimmed the ends myself a few times. I like to to tie it up in pigtails with colorful scrunched.

yqz1q48x9loz.jpg

<3 Barbie in NW WA

You are such a cutie!💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Love the cut, I think it suits you.

Interesting day. Went into town for the exam by the doc the VA contracted to look at my knees. Basically she told me my knee's torched. I knew this. She measured my scars, had me bend my knees and measured the bend, asked a few dozen questions and sent me away. We'll see how it all goes.

Exhausted is an understatement.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

It harkens back to my days when I got my hair cut like Dorothy Hamill! Loved the short wedge.👍🏼😁. I am hoping it motivates me to join husband at the gym. Heck I am lighter!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
    P.S. you are clobbering me on Words With Friends!😂😁
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • RustyBFF
    RustyBFF Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Friday morning here in Yorkshire and that's my weigh in day and my total loss since 8th April is 5kg (11lb) I am pretty pleased with that but still a long way to go.

I was supposed to have groceries delivered this morning but despite the website saying they have been delivered they have not and I am cross. I had meal planned this weekend and now will need to go shopping myself.

On a brighter note we are going to see Wicked this weekend and I am really looking forward to it
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Our MFP Murder Mystery characters and players so far:

Fairy Godmother - Rita
    Jinn ——————-Vicki
    Dwarf ———Tracey
    Red’s Gran ———Barbara AHMOD
    Red ——————-Kylia
    Rapunzel————-Machka
    Pixie ——————Rebecca
    Nosy——————Michele

Victim
    Cinderella
    Prince Charming

“MFP Timeless Tale of Treachery and Treason in a Kingdom Far, Far Away”

“After the mysterious disappearance of Cinderella, Prince Charming is throwing a fancy dress ball to find a new bride. Some of the kingdom residents question how the prince could move on so quickly, while others are jumping at the chance to earn their spot as the new princess in the castle. No one has seen the Prince since Cinderella disappeared and the rumors are rampant!”

During the ball, as the dancing and rumors escalate, someone dies in the palace. Who died? Where? When? Why? How long was the victim dead? How did the victim die? What is happening?????

RVRita (Fairy Godmother) from the Kingdome of Roswell…….

I will come up with the descriptions for the ‘Mystery’.

RVRita

Who died? Snow White!

It appears that someone fed her a poisoned apple!

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited April 19
    Options
    Tracey when I was teaching and I had to do something like that I would say I am putting your desk in time out! I learned that from a special Ed teacher. It does catch them off guard. I found it worked better in some situations rather than giving the student a stop and think time.

I also learned the best way was to do it calmly and say I was putting it in time out with a calm yet firm voice.
  • Machka9
    Options
    MsElphaba wrote: »
    Michele: I had to do go through a background check to chaperone field trips when my son was in 9th grade. It was a Christian school and several of us moms thought it was ridiculous. We’d been chaperoning since the kids were in Kindergarten. Then one parent failed… and we stopped complaining. Maybe the church can split costs or help out for those who would like to volunteer but can’t afford the check?

Make it a great day,
    Linda in Jacksonville

Even though I don't actually work with children, I work with data that could include children's data ... my whole office does. When it was decided we needed the background checks and the official cards etc., I had no problem at all with getting mine. I'd already been through much of that when I moved to Australia and when I started getting my final qualifications to teach.

But I did have to wonder a little about the few people who were reluctant. :neutral:

And then a huge, nasty incident blew up in a hospital in the northern part of the state. The paedophile worked as a nurse for a number of years in a children's ward. Eventually people got suspicious, investigations started, and he killed himself. But there has still been quite a thorough and lengthy investigation of the whole situation which was just horrible ... heart breaking.

Fortunately now, if you want to work with anything even remotely related to children, you must go through the checking process.

M in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Terri ~ Hope you have a wonderful birthday this weekend!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Friends!

It’s 70 and sunny here in Jacksonville, Florida, but we are headed up to near 90 and will get past 90 the next few days.

Rebecca: Nice cut! I like short hair on everyone but me. Long story, but I like my hair longer. I cut it myself about every three months. Now and then I’ve messed up and had to get it professionally fixed, but for the most part, I have it figured out.

Allie: My son bought a tower laser for our cats. Turn it on and it spins a laser light in circles at different speeds and directions. Cats love it!

Michele: I had to do go through a background check to chaperone field trips when my son was in 9th grade. It was a Christian school and several of us moms thought it was ridiculous. We’d been chaperoning since the kids were in Kindergarten. Then one parent failed… and we stopped complaining. Maybe the church can split costs or help out for those who would like to volunteer but can’t afford the check?

Pipcd34: I’ve been trying to figure out what the numbers you post are, but I don’t have a clue. What are they?

Barbie in NW WA: I love the pig tails! I do that sometimes with my hair if I can get the part relatively straight in the back.

Machka: When I was fencing with long hair, I would put it in a pony tail that would slip above the strap of the fencing mask. Then I’d put a kerchief over my head to keep any strays from slipping around and catch sweat before it dripped into my eyes.
    Beautiful photos! I’m really trying to get the hang of manual settings, but it’s so easy to switch to auto! Especially when I’m trying to photograph the dogs. They don’t have the patience for me to dial in settings. LOL

RustyBFF: Congrats on the 5kg! You should be pleased. Enjoy Wicked!

Annie in Delware: Hope you feel better soon.

Whibdey, WA: I remember Dorothy Hamill’s haircut and how it would fly up when she did spins. I had another iconic short style in high school… a Lady Di!

As for me, I’m down to 180.9, so that is just about 5 pounds since March 26. Considering I was on vacation and haven’t worked out this week due to being busy with other stuff, so I'm happy with that.

This morning, I noticed two monarch caterpillars munching away on a milkweed plant! Might have to get a few more of those. I wasn't sure they would find it, but they did!

Make it a great day,
    Linda in Jacksonville

Lolol. It doesn’t mean a thing. It just marks my spot

• Machka9
    Options
    Machka: When I was fencing with long hair, I would put it in a pony tail that would slip above the strap of the fencing mask. Then I’d put a kerchief over my head to keep any strays from slipping around and catch sweat before it dripped into my eyes.
    Beautiful photos! I’m really trying to get the hang of manual settings, but it’s so easy to switch to auto! Especially when I’m trying to photograph the dogs. They don’t have the patience for me to dial in settings. LOL

Make it a great day,
    Linda in Jacksonville

The jacket they gave me had a lot of velcro in the back. First I tried a long single braid, but it got caught in the velcro. Then I tried a ponytail, but the helmet didn't fit right.

Finally I went with the two braids.

This is me attempting a lunge.

fm1lqodei0mf.png

M in Oz

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »
    Our MFP Murder Mystery characters and players so far:

Fairy Godmother - Rita
    Jinn ——————-Vicki
    Dwarf ———Tracey
    Red’s Gran ———Barbara AHMOD
    Red ——————-Kylia
    Rapunzel————-Machka
    Pixie ——————Rebecca
    Nosy——————Michele

Victim
    Cinderella
    Prince Charming

“MFP Timeless Tale of Treachery and Treason in a Kingdom Far, Far Away”

“After the mysterious disappearance of Cinderella, Prince Charming is throwing a fancy dress ball to find a new bride. Some of the kingdom residents question how the prince could move on so quickly, while others are jumping at the chance to earn their spot as the new princess in the castle. No one has seen the Prince since Cinderella disappeared and the rumors are rampant!”

During the ball, as the dancing and rumors escalate, someone dies in the palace. Who died? Where? When? Why? How long was the victim dead? How did the victim die? What is happening?????

RVRita (Fairy Godmother) from the Kingdome of Roswell…….

I will come up with the descriptions for the ‘Mystery’.

RVRita

Who died? Snow White!

It appears that someone fed her a poisoned apple!

M in Oz

OOOOOOO, Maybe, maybe not! Story has just begun and people are still joining! LOL m287q4qs3f79.png