Starting over alcohol free

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    @Adventurista - It's going good. For a while, I was having difficulty just getting to Day 1 Alcohol Free. But I got past that. I'm no longer afraid of quitting (for fear of withdrawals). I no longer have to have it!
    Day 1 was April 7th. I went 6 days and then slipped up and drank just a few drinks the next day (after dinner). Now I'm back on Day 6 😊
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    dfym9veafb9j.png
    Wonderful! Sounds like you're up on your feet and going! Woot!
  • Darlene_Oregon
    Options
    @AmberlyMarlene You hinted in your post to check back here. Thanks for coming back. This discussion has really helped me. 98 days is great. After I almost died in November of 2021, I went one day short of four months. It really does feel good.
    I haven't had my liver checked in a while. I had a falling out with the only GI doctor in our town. I had an appointment in Eugene OR today. But I cancelled because I'm drinking. I rescheduled for August 1st. It seems a bit silly to drive 60 miles for a doctor appointment. But, I guess that's what I'll have to do.
    I've decided what to do about the alcohol in the house. I'm not going to dump it out. But, tomorrow I will not get anymore...Serious! It may be uncomfortable for a day or two. But delaying doesn't help.

• jeanpfourie
    jeanpfourie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be 180 days dry, and 130 lbs lighter . 100 to go. Easiest way to stay dry - was by making sure i don't have any money for booze. Spend every cent on good food, new shoes , tools, home improvements ect. Was a real shock seeing everything i bought with just 6 months of booze money . Now saving up for a decent treadmill , to keep active during the winter .
  • Darlene_Oregon
    Options
    I blew it and started drinking again. So it's back to the drawing board. I was looking back at my calendar and I really haven't done that well this year. April was a good month for me. But I wasn't so good during the other months.

Last night was a terrible night. I had my last drink (whiskey) around 6pm and decided to go to bed. Around 9pm, my computer turned itself on (it does that sometimes) and it woke me up. I felt nauseated and had heartburn. I was actually afraid to go to sleep. I decided to sleep in a recliner chair. But I got very little sleep.

I have an eye appointment on Friday. So, of course, that's causing some anxiety also. I really don't want to reschedule.

I need to quit drinking for good! I do have some liver problems. So I shouldn't be drinking any alcohol at all! I hope it's not too late!

PS...I still haven't got the Activity Feed to work. I'm not sure who can see my posts or where they are?

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!