WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Enjoying being missing - so far (dum - dum - DUHHHHH)

Love, Cinderella (AKA Lisa in AR)
  • LisaInArkansas
    Options
    Finished 35 min on my yoga, still trying to bump up one repetition or time or some kind of increase each time.
    4mr90cq8i5pn.png
    Working on the quilt since... adding in a diagonal here and there, and it's making my brain hurt. :smiley:

Cor's back, might take a break and get outside. Still barely 60, a little chilly for yours truly, but I can always get moving and warm up.

Later,
    Lisa in AR
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Rita, thanks so much in including me! Looking forward to reading what Belle is really up to. I'm intrigued.

Hubby is still working on setting up his seed cleaner. Lots involved in this. Helped him with a couple of things but it is far beyond my pay grade so I'm just checking on him throughout the day and will assist if needed.

Joy
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited April 20
    Options
    Rita - Very much enjoying your murder mystery. :D
    We watched 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' on Thursday night. It's probably the third time I've seen it, John never, but it's been decades. Thought of you.

Feeling loads better today with the antibiotics. A cloud lifted in the middle of the night.
    Haven't done a lot, apart from researching Amazon and listening to videos. Posted on Instagram before breakfast! Enjoyed composing the photo on my Polish app. :D I did my exercises and had a long chat with G. . My cushion fillers arrived and the cushions look sooooo much better! :p Very pleased with the results of my spring cleaning. Will do more tomorrow when John is at cricket. He swept the front garden path today, at my request.

Had Dim Sum for lunch, and homemade pizza with green salad for dinner. Still eating prunes, yoghurt and EVO. A quiet life, but a good one. Going to watch Poirot in a minute. It's 'The Hollow', which was a play originally, and I was once cast in it, but the theatre burnt down before rehearsals could start! I can't remember which part!

Annie - What an awful experience! My sympathy. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 3min 49sec, 57elev, 2.92ap, 79ahr, 93mhr, 590c
    Strava app = 745c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 56.51sec, 116aw, 928elev, 16amph, gear35, 50arpm, 109ahr, 134mhr, 15.11mi= 370c
    Strava app= 377c
    Zwift stats- 56.53min, 932elev, 116aw, 49arpm, 15.93amph, 15.1mi= 377c

Total cal 960

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited April 20
    Options
    Beth: It’s my new natural colour. It’s darker at the back. Glad you are feeling a bit more positive about your health.

kevrit wrote: »
    Having fun with the MFP Mystery! Hope you all enjoy it too. Sorry about the bold, I missed a spot when trying to bold the characters.

If I missed anyone, please let me know. I can still add you in. We are at a Ball after all!! (If anyone doesn’t mind playing a male part, I still need a Prince Charming, Beast, Aladdin, and other ‘husbands’. If none, I can work with that!!

9gholht0obb9.png

Fairy Godmother, RVRita in the Kingdom of Roswell, NM

As we have no men in our group, I will do the Pantomime tradition of being a principal boy and claim Prince Charming as my character. If someone has claimed that already I’ll be Aladdin.

PS: I (Prince Charming) am having second thoughts about looking for a new bride. Cinders is just to difficult to get out of my heart. I wish I knew where she has gone. I’m lying low for a bit 😝

I’ve had a really lovely 🎈 birthday 🎈 with DH. It’s been a fine spring day, and I even got out in the garden to dead head my bulbs. I’m looking forward to the family coming tomorrow to celebrate. We are doing Chinese take away. DYD has recommended a place and has got us a menu to order from.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Rita-throw me in as a character where needed-male is ok
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    I see I'm wayyyy behind. Weather has been great, I've been busy outside the past couple days. Mowing pruning, broadcasting lime and grass seed. A few quick comments -

Rita yes, throw me in wherever as well. I'm like Ginny - male is OK! :p I need some bad weather so I can catch up on the story.

Beth - glad things are better after seeing your doc. ;) I'm excited for you!

Annie - I wonder what you picked up. Is your dad showing any signs of illness? Heard from my neighbor this morning, she finally had enough energy to cook a little last night and make breakfast this morning. She's on day 6, no energy and still horrible headache. She said a friend of hers has been down for 9 days. Nasty stuff!

Terri - love your longer hair! Looks so thick and healthy. If mine wasn't so thin and I had enough patience I'd let it grow.

I've been cutting my hair myself for years, I'm lucky to have some curl and wave. And FRIZZ. I discovered that an after shampoo rinse consisting of a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with half a cup of water and massaged into my scalp then rinsed out has really helped the texture, and my scalp no longer itches. Also seems I'm not losing as much hair! Might be the change in the seasons or my diet though. It still looks a lot like my profile photo, maybe a little bit longer. Until I whack at it again.

Heather - glad the UTI is clearing up - The cushions sound very nice. :) I loved Close Encounters and would rewatch it if I could find it.

Right now I'm catching up on Season 13 of Death in Paradise. As usual, very good.

Rebecca - love that glamour shot. :p The gal did a great job on the cut, look at how nice it falls into place. Exactly perfect. And I can't believe how big the grands are getting. Looks like they are having fun. Always love to see them, thanks for sharing the pix.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • LisaInArkansas
    edited April 21
    Options
    Rosemarie - I've had surgery on both knees, one was forty years ago and one a full knee replacement five years ago. Thanks for the concern, dear.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Lanette, no we are lucky my dad doesn't seem to be catching this bug. He was out mowing again today!

Thanks for all your concern. I had a better day, just a little dizzy if I move too much. Tomorrow I should be fine!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Machka: Great Pictures! So you still have your uterus? I had some bleeding and the OB-GYN went up through the birth canal and did a total hysterectomy...tubes and all!

Best,
    Rosemarie from GA

Thank you!

And yes, I still have everything. My gynaecologic-oncologist is reluctant to remove things unnecessarily.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Terri!!

<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    Good morning, dear friends.

Annie: I hope that you get over whatever it is quickly.

Barbie: 🥰 the pigtails, and the colourful adornments.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Terri-hope your birthday has been enjoyable.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    No formal exercise today, but about 3 hours in the garden and unloading our vehicle after doing another load to the new house.

Lots of digging in the garden, which I love doing.
    Remember that @kevrit ... Rapunzel likes to dig. That might help answer the question ... how did Rapunzel get out of the tower to come to the ball. :smiley:

I was removing bulbs to take to the new place.

Machka in Oz