Replies

• wewillbskinny
    wewillbskinny Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Day 13
    208.9 lb
    199.1. +.5lbs
    -9.8 lbs total

Not totally shocked about the weight gain as I was over on calories and made a few not so great choices.... I will try to stay on track today. Today is a new day! Tomorrow is my offical weighin day where I post my weight loss for the week.

@Awegg05 I hope your move is going well!

@jan110144 Thank you. Glad you are finally getting some nice weather. Your garlic maple salmon sounds amazing! Enjoy your dinner tonight.

I have a busy day today. Tons of paperwork to do.....AND laundry ugh.

Have a nice day everyone.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    End of week 2!
    End of week 2?

Starting weight - 168.2, Ending Weight 165.1
    Sleep - 5/7 days at sleep score of 80+
    Steps - 7/7 days at or above 10,000, averaged 13,750

Observations ... I am DEFINITELY feeling better after two weeks of healthy food and activity. Am also finding that adding more variety to my weekly menus is very helpful.

Next two weeks ... As I mentioned when I joined, this is a very serious effort at focusing on changing how I eat into a healthy lifestyle. Eventually, I want to get to the point where I am eating "intuitive" way instead of being so focused on dieting to maintain a healthy weight. I am going to experiment with this over the next two weeks. So, for the next two weeks I am going to

1. Continue to log food and exercise, but I will do this at the end of the day to check on how I have done, instead of preplanning to make sure I stay at a specific number. This makes me a little nervous, but seems to be a good step toward my goal.
    2. The other thing I am going to do is focus on 'hunger monitoring' this week ... making a point to check in with my body periodically during the day, and particularly before and after meals, on how I am feeling (re hunger). I think I often confuse tired, bored, thirsty with hunger ... with food being my first go to.

So, I am a bit anxious going into this week, but also interested to see if I can intentionally move in the direction of intuitive eating (actually, hate this term because it has also been grabbed by the diet industry. Just don't have a better word to use.)

@wewillbskinny Such a minor change in the scale, not a real indicator of anything negative. At one point when I was really scale-focused, I weighed myself several times in one day. The interesting thing is that my weight varied by almost 2 pounds during the day. Clearly, I was neither gaining nor losing that weight during the day. But, it was a real insight for me to not let the number on the scale dictate how I felt about how I was doing.
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    Day 14. End of week 2.

208.9. - SW
    200.0 -.9 lbs
    -8.9lbs total

Wow. That was a short visit to Onderland...🙄

I think I am still feeling the effects of Saturday, but I really wasn't really that crazy off track so not sure why I have trended up the last two days.... Yesterday I was on track.

I just saw this quote. "Things are hard before they get easy". I guess that's where I am at now. But, today is a new day and hopefully things look better tomorrow.

On a fun note, yesterday morning when I went to feed my fish, I found so many tiny baby fish in the tank. These are in addition to the five I have previously spotted. My orange molly had babies! After seeing these orange and black babies (solid black dad molly), I am now unsure which fish birthed the previous babies as those are 4 black and white and one with no color at all. I guess I have to see their final colors as they develop.🙂

@Awegg05 I hope all is going well with you and your family and your move-in as well. You must be exhausted.

@jan110144 I love the idea of the diversity of the meals. I wish I were a better cook. Lol

Have a great day!
  • jan110144
    Options
    Tuesday ... yesterday went well. Sleep, walk and good all good. As planned, I did not log food until end of the day. Was on target food wise. Fortunately (or sadly) I have spent so much of my life focusing on calories that I am a walking calorie counter.

Tried another new recipe salmon yesterday (had to use the other half of the salmon I bought before it went bad). Was ok. But not nearly as good as the maple garlic from a couple of days ago. Tonight doing teriyaki chicken (another new one).

@wewillbskinny I am sure that jumpnout of onederland will be very brief... doubt that it had anything to do with actual weight gain.

• wewillbskinny
    Options
    Day 15

208.9 - SW
    199.8 -.2 lbs
    -9.1 lbs Total

Not going to get too into my scale number today. Just hope I keep going in the right direction again.

Good day yesterday for me. I was able to get through more paperwork. Not done yet, but definitely making a dent. Calories on track for the day.

@jan110144 Thanks for the encouragement. Just trying to keep my eye on the goal.... Teriaki chicken sounds delicious!

Have a nice day!
  • Awegg05
    Awegg05 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Day 30: 222.6 (-1.2)

Man, was I nervous to get on the scale this morning! So much has been going on, I hadn't been weighing (or tracking!) the past few days. Though I almost broke several times due to stress and convenience, I made smart food choices and definitely stayed active - I'm glad the scale reflects it :)
    The move has been something else. I've moved many times throughout my life so far, but this one was different. I'm so ready to get settled in and feel like I can breathe a little bit. I'm just chipping away at it, making slow but steady progress.
    One of the things I was most looking forward to moving in here was the fact that I have a Treadmill at home now! I think today's the day to get that routine going. Now instead of waking up and going to the gym at 3, 4 in the morning because that's my only opportunity, I can hop on pretty much whenever! I'm determined to get back in a 5k a day in under an hour.
    The cool thing about being 100+ pounds heavier than I was a few years ago is that I can't question "am I able to do this? Do I have it in me? Is this even possible? Am I capable?". Yes, to all of the above! I was my best physical self a few years ago and while it took a lot of effort, I have living proof of what I can accomplish.

Today's Goals:
    Track all food
    Treadmill
    Meds
    Housework

I hope you all are well! I was thinking about this group, I did name it "Every Day" afteralll and was kicking myself for not upholding that.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options
    @Awegg05 I absolutely love having a treadmill at home. Best 1000 euros I ever spent! (that, and the television in front of it, to keep myself entertained :mrgreen: ) Enjoy it :smile:
  • jan110144
    edited April 17
    Options
    April 16. Food, steps and sleep all good. Yesterday, i cut theccord on tracking. Decided I could do it Still doing a bit in my head, but it is a step in the right direction. I have to say it makes me a bit nervous! Will continue to weigh weekly and will go back to tracking if this turns out to be a problem.

I am definitely getting better at being able to monitor my hunger. Differentiating between tired, bored, stressed and hungry has always been a challenge for me. One step at a time!

@wewillbskinny you are doing great!! Consistency will get you there.

@Awegg05 a move is no small matter. Congrats on making healthy choices during the past two days. NOT a minor accomplishment!
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    Day 16
    208.9. SW
    199.1 - .7 lbs
    -9.8 lbs Total

Crazy few days for me over here. Kind of inundated with things that need to get accomplished. Trying to stay focused on one task at a time and not get overwhelmed.

I'm still tracking. I find my day gets away from me and I skip lunch and have to play catchup to get my calories in... Have to work on that....

@Awegg Great job keeping on track amidst all you have going on right now! How nice that you will have a treadmill so easily accessible. That should make exercising so much easier for you. Keep up the good work!

@jan110144 It's wonderful that you are confident enough to embark on eating without tracking. That is hardest part of all of this, learning the proper way to eat and recognizing and changing bad habits, at least for me it is. I'm sure you will be successful, as it seems you have a good handle on all of this🙂

Have a nice day everyone!
  • jan110144
    Options
    April 17 ... all good. Was just thinking how nice it is to be.able to walk comfortably outside. While we have had quite a bit of rain. It is so pretty out. All the yards are a gorgeous green with trees and flowers I'm bloom everywhere. Also, it iscgreat to have a walking partner who is ALWAYS up for a walk.

@wewillbskinny just wanted to stop clarify that indo not think that there is anything "wrong" with tracking, in case anyone was thinking that I oppose it. It is a really important part of learning what to eat, portion control, etc. Had I not done this numerous times before, I don't think I would be ready to do what I am doing now. (At least I hope I am ready🙂). ...

Skipping lunch (or any other meal) - I am trying to follow the "eat when hungry" philosophy. At least getting in touch with my level of hunger before I eat. That said, hungry or not I do not skip meals. I know one of the triggers for me is allowing myself to get too hungry. It is pretty much guaranteed that I will eat way too much of totally wrong things when that happens.

My walking partner ...5jtgahjo0nld.jpg
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    Day 17
    208.9. -SW
    198.4 - .7 lbs
    -10.5 lbs Total

Good Morning!

I am back to 10 lbs lost. Hopefully I stay here this time.

So crazy, I had a virtual Dr. visit set up for my mom. Get her all ready and signing up online for the visit, just to find no visit on the calendar. I called the office and they tell me it's for June not April! Wow, I can't believe I got that so mixed up! I use the calendar on my phone, guess I didn't change the month when I set the appointment. Ooops.

@jan110144 No, I didn't feel you were against tracking. It's a great tool for keeping people (me) on track. Eventually I will make the necessary changes and eradicate the bad habits to enable me to stop the tracking. Just not there yet.
    Your walking partner is beautiful! Looks like a standard poodle. We had toy poodles when growing up but never a standard. Poodles are extremely smart dogs. 🙂

Have a great day everyone!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 31: 222.6 (-0)

I'm having SUCH a hard time finding my routine again and getting back on track. Good news is, I haven't woken up ridiculously early since we moved, and the baby has (mostly) been sleeping through the night. He's six months old today! My watch gave me an "excellent" rating on my sleep last night - for the first time in those past 6 months LOL
    Today I'm taking it easy. Eating smart foods, probably not gonna track it though, just being honest. I'm still overwhelmed with the moving stuff but I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel!

@wewillbskinny you are doing FANTASTIC!! I hope you're proud of yourself and the motivation is still strong. Soon 200 will be so far away, you'll be *stuck* in onederland :)

@jan110144 I'm glad to hear you're gaining confidence in your understanding of the foods you're consuming, as well as moderating. I too find if I go too long without eating, I want to binge once I start eating something. Your pup is beautiful! I bet they'd walk with you all day long if you'd let them :)
  • jan110144
    Options
    All good yesterday, although yesterday was an interesting experiment in 'non-dieting'. I had a luncheon meeting with a buffet. Pretty much all food that I would not normally choose if I were on 'a diet'. Ate everything in reasonable portions (except for the rolls because I don't like cheap white bread and the dessert because it just didn't look good). Enjoyed the meeting and the food.

Today will be another challenge at eating, enjoying food and not feeling deprived. Having company for dinner which will involve Tuscan Chicken and Tiramisu and wine. (I will be eating some dessert!) Again, my focus in to just eat moderate portion and enjoy the evening and not obsess over what I am eating. If I can do these things, I will consider the day a success.

@wewillbskinny Technology is wonderful, but sometimes makes screwing up a lot easier! Yes, Abby is a Standard Poodle. I had a rescue Standard about 25 years ago ... never buy dogs, always rescue. BUT my friend bred her poodle and the puppies came available shortly after my last dog died. I could not resist. She is just a great dog.

@Awegg05 Moving and having new babies are among the major life stressors ... and you are doing both at the same time! You are doing great. Be gentle with yourself and just try to focus on the things you ARE doing, not so much on what you aren't. Life will settle more into a routine soon, just don't beat yourself up during this transition time.

• wewillbskinny
    Options
    Day 18
    208.9 - SW
    208.9 - SW
    198.1 -.3 lbs
    -10.8 lbs Total

Not too crazy of a day yesterday. Going to be facing a couple of super busy and stressful weeks. Just have to get my mind set ok and take it day by day I guess.

@Awegg05 That's wonderful that you finally were able to get some rest. Hopefully that continues for you. Glad you are making some headway on your move. You are doing great. Look at all you are accomplishing... new baby, new home including renovating and moving. You are taking on alot. I agree with @jan110144 just go easy on yourself. You will find your rhythm and things will fall into place.

@jan110144 It sounds like you made excellent choices at your buffet yesterday. Your planned dinner sounds great. I think you're on to something there, regarding portion control. Enjoy your meal and your guests!

Have a nice day!
  • Awegg05
    edited April 20
    Options
    Day 33: 219.4 (-3.2)

Getting back into the groove has been so difficult! The other night I had a bit of an emotional time. I hadn't eaten all day and dinner time came and went. Nothing in the house (healthy) that I wanted to eat. Couldn't find anything on door dash that sounded good either. At this point, I'm "hangry", like bad. I'm thinking (and saying) screw it, I'll just have sushi, pasta, ect. I was driving everyone nuts including myself. I got so frustrated with myself about the turmoil these eating choices were giving me, I let out a good cry. I'm sure it wasn't just about being hungry, but also just all the stress finally catching up with me. I calmed down, had a bag of Skinny Pop and some "keto" trail mix and went to bed. I woke up and weighed over 2lbs less, which really helped validate my decisions, despite the emotions it had put me through. @jan110144 didn't we *just* talk about not letting ourselves get that hungry? Lol
    Yesterday I wasn't hungry for breakfast or lunch, obviously not learning my lesson from the day before. Before I started work I was like, okay I need to eat something. Another bad of Skinny Pop and a couple scrambled eggs with cheese. After work, a couple pickle slices. I know I need to eat more but between the stress and diet change, I'm having a difficult time with it. Maybe once I get my butt back on the treadmill, the activity will increase my appetite again.

Today we're heading to Atlantic City for a concert and staying the night, baby free. He'll be having his first camp-out with grandma. I'm nervous and excited. I'm not big on crowded areas, but my fiancé is beyond excited for the band (and the opportunity to let loose for the first time in half a year!). I told him last night that I think I'm more excited for the hotel sleep than the show, he agreed. We're getting old 😆 I'm placing a bet right now we don't make it through the whole concert.

That being said, I'm not sure how my food/tracking/activity will go this weekend. I'm going to try to stay on course, but we're going with another couple and I don't want to be a burden.

@jan110144 enjoy your tiramisu and have an extra bite for me - it's one of my favorites!

@wewillbskinny take it day by day, task by task! You're doing fantastic :)
  • krabuck
    krabuck Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Really continued to struggle with commitment the first few weeks of April… I did what I always do and told myself I would start the next day. And continued that pattern until this week. Something in me always has to “click” to start this journey, to start making the right decisions. Still giving myself grace on the late start, just glad I’ve started.

I think I was at 264.8 when I first commented, went up to 266.8, but after my first real week of commitment, I weighed yesterday at 261.4

It’s Saturday and I have a lot to do. It’s my first weekend being truly committed. Weekends are where I struggle, my husband works on Saturdays so it’s just me and the snacks at home. Hoping to get a jog in, get the laundry done including bed clothes and bathroom rugs, clean the bathroom and stay out of the pantry.

Congrats to everyone, it looks like you’re all staying strong and making good choices!!! It’s honestly motivating!! I saw someone’s cute walking partner and a cute baby!! Someone moved and someone made it to onederland!!! Congrats!

Have a great weekend!
  • jan110144
    Options
    Apr. 20

A great day. Last night's dinner was very enjoyable. Not sure if it was the "permission" I gave myself in advance, or what, but I enjoyed every bite and sip but did not go beyond reasonable portions. Felt wonderful to enjoy dinner and not stress about anything!

@wewillbskinny Day by day is a really good mindset at any time, but particularly during busy, stressful times. My only other suggestion is to identify just one of your usual health -related issues and only try to get that done. For me, that would be sleep. When I am really busy, making sure I get a good night's sleep is keyvto not going totally off the rails.

@aweggo05 I love the pic. He looks like such a happy little guy. I hope you have a wonderful baby-free evening. Maybe the break will help you regroup and distress a bit. Not to preach, but I would really focus on not only making sure you are eating on a regular schedule, but also to make sure to keep healthy, balanced food/snacks you can grab when you are really busy and stressed. Skinny pop is not a bad choice, just totally lacking in protein and healthy fats ... both of which provide sustained energy, which is certainly something you need with such a busy schedule. (Maybe something like a good protein bar ... there are some with 12-15 gr of protein). Just a thought

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,367 Member
    Options
    Awegg05 wrote: »
    s9otk28f7h58.png

I wanted to share my little man with you guys. He puts a smile on my face constantly, he's why I'm doing this. I hope he brightens up your day a bit too :)

So cute!

Looking forward to hearing about the concert.

• jan110144
    Options
    Great day yesterday. Two nice walks with dog (a bit nippy).
    Dinner out at a Thai restaurant I had not gone to before ... excellent! Topped the night off with a concert by Purdue's award-winning "Wind Ensemble " (a full concert band(. Purdue also has an award-winning Philharmonic. Fantastic musicians ... and no music major!

Should have a fun day today ... birthday party for the poodles did a one time only breeding of her poodle. She kept two and the other 4 went to friends locally. Every year she has a birthday party at a local private dog park where they my can run amok. Fun time!

Have a good day everyone.