Lost 25 pounds since January

Options
Before start of year I weighed 402 when I was last checked at my Doctor's in October.

Despite waiting on SSI case and living in a weird state due to the above managed to lose 25 pounds and last two weigh ins I was 377/378.

Certain things got easier and am now in PT to help build my core as walking was causing back pain.

I no longer drink any drinks besides lemon water, black coffee, or green or black tea with honey in the AM.

Have kept track of my calories and making healthier habits.

I worry about hitting the dreaded plateau but I'll keep with it, even at 46 I still have time to get my life on track.

Just figured I'd share especially as I hardly ever use the forum feature of this app...

Replies

• slimmerjesse1
    slimmerjesse1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    this is terrific! congrats!
  • MultiverseCafe
    MultiverseCafe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!
  • ThomasSpychalski
    ThomasSpychalski Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    this is terrific! congrats!

Thank you...
  • ThomasSpychalski
    Options
    CONGRATS!!

Cheers! Thanks a lot!
  • ThomasSpychalski
    Options
    Congratulations! Don't worry about the 'plateau'; that's just your body's way of telling you you've done well. It takes less calories to haul around those extra 25 pounds every day, so you burn a bit less. Just adjust your settings and targets whenever you stall to see where you need to make adjustments. Fortunately, as you lose, you'll be able to do more things as you're body adapts (e.g., your core work will get easier taking the strain off your back). You have plenty of time; slow and steady wins the race. :)

Good to know....I've always had leg health issues since my 20s, but for now doing walking and going to PT to battle the core/leg weakness that is affecting my back.

And yes I can already feel the difference in a few things already.

But thanks for the advice I really appreciate it! :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You are doing great, consistency is the key. When you hit that plateau then you might need to make a few adjustments. You got this
  • MamaCDubbs
    MamaCDubbs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is inspirational! Great job!
  • melbpsych
    melbpsych Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    11 kgs in 4 months is sensational! Chin up and keep it going mate!
  • vxCricketxv
    vxCricketxv Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Excellent job. One day at a time, keep on going! I have severe back pain as well that limits a lot of my mobility and confidence. You will succeed.
  • pamalajnolan
    pamalajnolan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Amazing progress!
  • Shorty44_44
    Shorty44_44 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Keep plugging away. You got this!
  • jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 236 Member
    edited April 29
    Options

Good for you!
    If you hit that plateau don’t give up. Check to make sure you aren’t secretly snacking track everything keep at it. I don’t have as much to lose as you but the month of April has been rough with me.my scale went up and I lost but didn’t make great progress. But today I weighed in i was doing the happy dance. Started January 7 lost 34 lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!