grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    edited April 23
    Options
    Morning, my chickens,

Going to get some early work on the quilt done this morning while it's still chilly out, and then head outside to get a few things done that are of the grubby persuasion. Lots of cleanup around the edges of the yard, and much as I hate to, I want to get some burning done. I always have to take a shower immediately afterward because it makes me smell like a smoked ham. :smiley: Possibly too apt, considering the story in progress, but still... :wink:

So enjoying my weeks without having to be anywhere but here. Makes me happier than I can even tell you. Also makes me happy that the two pounds of water weight that climbed on my bodaciousness this weekend climbed back off yesterday. Always a happy thing when that shows up on the scale.

I hit 159.9 yesterday (157.9 today), the highest I've been since November 2022, but it's still a mixed thing for me. It means my body is actually using the nutrition I'm putting in it, and for a long time, it was definitely not doing so--when you're eating 3,000 to 4,000 calories a day on average and losing weight, there are some bad things going on. So the good part is that my gut is working better. The bad part is, that means that it's time to retrain myself to eat a couple thousand calories less a day, or I'm going to keep gaining weight. Things are never really simple, are they.

Ah well, if life was simple, it would be boring. 😁👀🙃

Kim - Good to see you here, sorry that mama drama continues. Thanks for letting us know about Karen. Miss her.

Later, babies,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    Margaret, we had someone do that at the little shopping area just down the road from us. Got mixed up and drove into the newsagents. There was a lot of damage but fortunately the people were OK.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    edited April 23
    Options
    “MFP Timeless Tale of Treachery and Treason in a Kingdom Far, Far Away”
    Part 1.

Our MFP Murder Mystery characters and players so far:
    Fairy Godmother [b/]- Rita (Still doting over the disappearance of her goddaughter, Felicity continues to hope that Cinderella will reappear and everyone will live happily ever after.)
    Jinn ——————-Vicki (Jinn wants to get out of her lamp forever and become human. Perhaps her friendship to Rita is causing some mischief?)
    Dwarf (Herbbette) ———Tracey (Like a sister to Sleeping Beauty, Allie’s dependence on Herbbette is endearing to some an annoying to others.)

Red’s Gran ———Barbara AHMOD (having escaped from the Wolf, Barbara is plotting something, but what or who will be affected?
    Red ——————-Kylia (Red came to the Ball with her Gran. Unaware that she is plotting something. Red suspects something is wrong, but what?)
    Rapunzel (Princess)————-Machka (Depserate to get out of her tower, this trapped temptress may have more than one offer on the table… the question is which one will she pick?)
    Pixie ——————Rebecca (Pixie is flitting around the Ball everywhere. She is gathering information about each party guest to report back to??)
    Nosey——————Michele (Nosey is walking from one group of guests to another. Not staying in any one place for very long. What’s this? She stops and writes notes in a notebook between each group. For what purpose??)
    Sleeping Beauty——Allie (With hopes of moving out of the bed, this princess hopes to soon be known not as the daughter of an evil queen, but as the wife of prince that is charming.)
    Cinderella ———-Lisa in AR (After being missing for a month, Cinderella shows up at the ball, dirty, tired, and ready to confront her kidnapper(s). She simply wants to rest first, but the Ball has disoriented her.)
    Jasmoor———Heather (Heather thought that Jinn was her friend and would help her through anything. But now, she is questioning this friendship..)
    Belle——Joy (Having tamed the ‘Beast’, Joy is happily going about her life. But no one knows her true motives…)
    Grettel—- Linda (Wandering the woods and destroying the evil witch, Linda is becoming more confident and independent. But will that lead her to her goals?)
    Griselda (Cinderella’s Stepsister)——Rusty (After years of animosity, Griselda has earned Cinderella’s trust and her place in the castle. Now that Cinderella is gone, will Griselda be next to disappear mysteriously?)

Prince Charming——Terri. (I (Prince Charming) am having second thoughts about looking for a new bride. Cinders is just to difficult to get out of my heart. I wish I knew where she has gone. I’m lying low for a bit 😝)
    Aladdin————-Ginny
    Hansel———-Lanette

“MFP Timeless Tale of Treachery and Treason in a Kingdom Far, Far Away”

“After the mysterious disappearance of Cinderella, Prince Charming is throwing a fancy dress ball to find a new bride. Some of the kingdom residents question how the prince could move on so quickly, while others are jumping at the chance to earn their spot as the new princess in the castle. No one has seen the Prince since Cinderella disappeared and the rumors are rampant!”

During the ball, as the dancing and rumors escalate, someone dies in the palace. Who died? Where? When? Why? How long was the victim dead? How did the victim die? What is happening?????

RVRita (Fairy Godmother) from the Kingdom of Roswell…….
    Part 2:

The Ball has begun and people are arriving in droves. The entire MFP Women’s 50 plus group have arrived. The band has begun with background quiet music to welcome the guests. The servers are wandering among the guests with low carb, low calorie snacks, water, flavored waters, wine and diet drinks.

Fairy Godmother stands at the entrance welcoming the guests. Look! Here comes Jinn, Dwarf, Red’s Gran, Red, Rapunzel, Pixie, and Nosey! No one has seen Prince Charming. When will he arrive? The party is for him to choose a new bride. The crowd talks about the missing Cinderella and what they feel the Prince is rushing the search for a new bride.

The night progresses with more questions as it is near Midnight now, but the Prince has not shown up for his own Ball. Questions are floating among the guests as the band plays on.

The guest gasps in shock as Sleeping Beauty has just shown up with Cinderella!!

Prince Charming = Terri. To Fairy Godmother “ (I am having second thoughts about looking for a new bride. Cinders is just too difficult to get out of my heart. I wish I knew where she has gone. I’m lying low for a bit…)

Fairy Godmother = RVRita To Prince Charming “ I will cover for you until Cinders is found. Please reconsider. Oh, my dear!!!! Cinders is at the door with Sleeping Beauty! I have to see what happened to her!!) {In her mind, she thinks ‘I need to do something more with her! My plan is not working!!}

Cinderella = Lisa in AR
    Sleeping Beauty = Allie
    Nosey==Michelle
    Red’s Gran = Barbara AHMOD
    Red === Kylia
    Rapunzel == Machka
    Pixie==Rebecca
    Jasmoor= Heather
    Aladdin == Ginny
    Belle= Joy
    Grettel == Linda
    Hansel == Lanette
    BabaYaga= KJ
    Griselda== Rusty
    Jinn = Vickie
    Dwarf (Herbbette) = Tracey
    PART 3

Cinderella (AKA Lisa in AR) turns to Sleeping Beauty (AKA Allie) at the door, "Look, SleeBea, I REALLY am not up for this. Look at all these people dressed to the nines!" She gestures to her feet, which are in some seriously dirty white Crocs, with weeds and dirt scattering from the holes. "You know how the Prince feels about shoes, he can't see me in these..." and gesturing to the rest of her tattered, filthy ballgown, with a few shiny bits showing through the dirt here and there, "And I look like I've been rode hard and put away wet." Sleeping Beauty, who's hoping the Prince will finally see her at her best standing next to a bedraggled, less-than-spiffy Cinderella, drags her further into the ballroom. There they bump slap up against the Fairy Godmother, who had been greeting the rest of the guests, but looks completely shocked to see the two of them...

At the same time, Nosy and Pixie are working around the crowd gathering the gossip and any hints about where or when Prince Charming will appear, and what happened to Cinderella. Pixie is flying around and Nosy is walking around the talking groups. They plan on joining up and sharing what they found out to try to work out what is REALLY happening.

(Earlier, before the guests started to arrive), I don't know why Fairy God mother is so unaware that Aladdin swung by on his carpet to get is BF Prince C away for awhile so he could think things out. Aladdin thought introducing him so some of Jasmine's friend might help him realize the possibilities he has.

The Prince thinks: {I was quite pleased with Aladdin sweeping by with his carpet, and helping me to escape from the palace for a while. And then he goes and starts trying to pair me up with Jasmine’s friends. That’s a dead liberty! I’m perfectly capable of making up my own mind.}

Red is overwhelmed with all the people and conversations going on. She is curious as she notices all the note taking and flitting about. She is ready to jump to help Cinderella get presentable for the ball, but grandma is holding her back.

Meanwhile, Rapunzel is standing on the stage singing (because we all know she attracts her suitors with her lovely singing voice) and watching everything going on.

When she sees Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty come in, Rapunzel goes into a rousing rendition of "Do you believe in life after love?" Then Rapunzel slides into "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair" and then into a female version of Elvis Presley's - "I'm Moving On" with Grettel showing her stuff on the piano.

By the time Rapunzel breaks into "I Will Survive", Grettel begins to think something's up.

BabaYaga has shown up, much to Hansel and Grettel’s dismay. She has brought sweets to pass around to the guests. Nosy and Pixie are right there greeting her, then begin to follow her around.

Cinderella elbows Sleeping Beauty, and whispers, so the Godmother can't hear, "Are you listening to what Zel's singing? You think she's right? I need to just wash the Prince right out of my hair? I thought he was my destiny, but after this last business, when he didn't even show up to rescue me, I just don't know." Sleeping Beauty looks at her with wild speculation in her eyes. Could Drilly FINALLY be releasing her hooks from the Prince? Or was she just joshing her? Did Sleeping Beauty finally have a chance for her own one true love that didn't just go around waking people up for a living? Human alarm clocks were just sooo 1540s... and annoying.

In a corner of the ball room, we find the Jinn, BabaYaga, Red’s Gran, Herbbette, and Fairy Godmother with bent heads talking suspiciously.

Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty make their way through the crowd and up the back stairs to Cinderella’s room to get cleaned up. On their way up, they pass the kitchen to find all the servants bent over looking at……. A dead body!!! Cindy and Sleeping Beauty scream. The piano and singing play on…..

PART 4

Jinn is begining to think being in the bottle is the only safe place while others are missing, but who does she want to keep her company??

Gretel is sipping some wine when she notices BabaYaga walk in. She suggests to Hansel that since BabaYaga is here, this would be the perfect time to go to her house and eat it. They decide to sneak out the back so Fairy Godmother doesn’t see them. As they pass the kitchen, they notice Cindy, SB, and THE BODY!

Cindy and SB look down at what is very definitely a dead body, and Sleeping Beauty slaps her hands over eyes and starts screaming. So Cindy started screaming. Then she caught herself, and caught her friend by both shoulders. "Stop it, girl, stop screaming!" She gestured to the body in what looked like a pool of old red wine... "Screaming won't do them any good, now will it!" She turned, and saw Hansel and Gretel peeking at them, googly-eyed, "Go get the Godmother, you two! Someone's been murdered!" Sleeping Beauty, peeking between her fingers, said, "How do you know it's murder?" Cinderella opened her mouth, and as she began to speak, a voice interrupted...

Cindy and SB look down at what is very definitely a dead body, and Sleeping Beauty slaps her hands over eyes and starts screaming. So Cindy started screaming. Then she caught herself, and caught her friend by both shoulders. "Stop it, girl, stop screaming!" She gestured to the body in what looked like a pool of old red wine... "Screaming won't do them any good, now will it!" She turned, and saw Hansel and Gretel peeking at them, googly-eyed, "Go get the Godmother, you two! Someone's been murdered!" Sleeping Beauty, peeking between her fingers, said, "How do you know it's murder?" Cinderella opened her mouth, and as she began to speak, a voice interrupted...

At the screams, Jinn retreats to her bottle, Fairy Godmother, pops in by Cinderella, Red’s Gran and Herbette run into the kitchen to see what the fuss is about. BabaYaga takes her time walking to the kitchen to join the others. The rest of the guests begin to croud into the hallway to the kitchen.

In the kitchen, Sleeping Beauty drags Cindy out of the kitchen and pushes her up the stairs to her room to calm down and clean up. Aladdin has returned with the Prince to everyone’s surprise. They run to the kitchen just in time to spot Cindy and Beauty going up the stairs, but stay to help with the dead body. No one recognizes this body, and Aladdin discovers no visable reason for the person to be dead. Everyone is suspecting Jinn, but Jinn in is the bottle shaking in fear. Pixie and Nosey go to the kitchen with Pixie shinking and flitting around the body to see what she can find out. Nosey is roaming about the croud to see if there are any clues. The Prince makes everyone leave the scene and he covers the body until more can be discovered. The kitchen is now closed with the servents joining the guests in the Ballroom.

Fairy Godmother who is WHERE??????

🧞‍♂️🪄🧙‍♀️🧝‍♀️🧚‍♂️
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Today is: A good day to work on my Spanish (Duolingo). I’ve been neglecting it and with the busy season beginning, I will need it!!

dbn6bge4yry4.jpeg
    433j3a9e5x7q.jpeg
    9p0z2h5h33wq.jpeg
    abc01l4w722o.jpeg

RVRita del misterioso Roswell, NM
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    edited April 23
    Options
    Up early(hip hurting and had to get up and use the bathroom)so of course, if I get out of bed, that means all the cats think it is time to eat.
    Making my second cup of tea while dh is in the bathroom. Need to get dressed.
    We will stop at the store for his mom before going over there. I will walk the dog for a short walk before we bring him back to our house to give him a shower(first time doing this for us-regular groomer has been out on maternity leave and they don't know when or if she will be back). I have given our big, long haired dogs showers before so this should be too hard. We need to take him back then I have a dentist appt at 1- quick one. Just replacing the buildup on the back of the tooth I chipped(AGAIN, 4th time I think)from when I fell a year and a half ago. We will grab lunch then hopefully back home so I can work in my garden. He said we might stop at Black Friday again(were there yesterday)- $1 day there. We really need to work on finding places to put the stuff we already bought.

This is one thing I picked up there, thinking it was something else(boxes were sealed and only partial discription- thought it was baskets for plants(said bamboo baskets-outside)- bought 2 of them for $2 each.

https://www.amazon.com/MYELJO-Folding-Picnic-Table-Convertible/dp/B0CWNZ7Q2H/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1DP5YEG74FG66&amp;dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.sktrAR_VF5qHStLZ0qXu7wl9RdvDTEsPOBf08EMPyJljDYfxZbad-0vtBJnvCTpRQEj_d1blhuqvvjda9USUlJxARQYCyC2w61PT3iFI14BkrqaE3JHlu_ZV1RO1mybDHZ9WEN6OQWsCRtQrdCS0QQEFeNFtVJ0iUxJtoZ74AT-701MwxpxZu3Wy4KXDLejQSbv_y4jutKzjIKGh35oR6xNyzk0ZIEMaQoy2qeunepOnxWA7eCGgbyAcIpkti8m5JZ8ve3E8HlEkWRqvRBZw9FCa4wkvwPrBeaZG_PkLq98.VCmgGegTJdar20-8_EfLWoDqYbe6SBZ9NfN2BaP81CE&amp;dib_tag=se&amp;keywords=bamboo+folding+basket+to+picnic+table&amp;qid=1713888411&amp;sprefix=bamboo+folding+basket+to+picnic+table,aps,258&amp;sr=8-3&amp;th=1

got this and put it together for the cats- great deal for $2

https://www.amazon.com/VCEPJH-Scratching-Dispenser-Interactive-Dangling/dp/B0C16XFDPK/ref=sr_1_40?crid=UG0938WDYQMH&amp;dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.L3Yk1Eon8l6n6qd8Zb7Xjr_nUdvKqPD9VtUJXEdzwmzX0sjU5iITv_LDYueayw0u4vI8a8cpw5mDohs7egKvR75fmVlasKjdEf8Z3SxkoYV8FLVuSjjIz8HU-s-lgVN-Mb7a1LdWU6TlJbXeadhaTOoCwerjW-Jd-sgWpG3Ci9cLldckf13JTBxfPJUWbuKieDsv1_Llkx6i22OTw3u6Ni4MQSSQpkte5-faz3BIN6N-VGlK3t9qgRKlhcywfSYcPsgHz8TPeTYSc4WJkVcC7RDqBgYTIAGQSfAgwHLeXxI.99sFzw-CxIIwFcErVFgG5vAvQ7HgqBxL12ASq_IOMSg&amp;dib_tag=se&amp;keywords=wooden+cat+toy+and+feed&amp;qid=1713889054&amp;sprefix=wooden+cat+toy+and+feed,aps,165&amp;sr=8-40

Dh bought some things to repurpose for his 3D printed stuff(bases,etc)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited April 23
    Options
    I've bought some new Bluetooth earbuds. My (very) old ones need recharging every other day, even if I'm not using them, and they are uncomfortable and fall out. It's one of those tiny niggles I am in the process of removing from my life. It's only when you get the right thing that you realise how stupid you were for putting up with the daily frustration of the old one.
    These new ones are a third of the price and have a long battery life. I had to buy a new charging plug for USB-C as I only have a European one.
    Hoping for good things and they are noise cancelling. No money!
    I'm now researching a cross body bag (purse) . My current backpack one causes me endless tiny problems. I want one with compartments for an umbrella and water bottle. No compromises.
    I bought the backpack a few years ago because I walked everywhere. :o;) It's a pain if you just want to get your wallet out. The internal organiser doesn't fit properly. I'm always looking in the wrong pocket. Boo! Still looking, but close.
    I just think, like Barbie, that the right tools make life so much more joyful. I'm all for ease.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Rita--I am enjoying the story and looking forward to the next chapter.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Barbara - remember my comment a couple weeks ago that my Pixma printer wasn't working with Windows 11 and apparently it was a Win11 problem? Lo and behold, it now works! I wonder if one of the recent Windows updates had a fix. Just an FYI.

Lanette