New to MFP Socials!

Options
nath69uk
nath69uk Posts: 7 Member
Hi all,

Just dropping in to introduce myself. 40 Male 95kg pot bellied. πŸ€£πŸ™ˆ

I have a tendency to crash dieting for a few weeks then spend the next 6 months putting it all back on again.

When I hit 95kg I can see in myself it's time to shift some weight.

I started back last Thursday.

Wish me luck shifting this lot and sticking to it this time.

Nath

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,948 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hello Nath, and welcome to the community!!

There are some great threads created by our members, stickied to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Well, now you know what doesn't work long term. ;)

Maybe try something different this time?

I'm a big fan of making an easy plan, rather than trying to lose weight fast. "Lose weight fast then go back to normal" is a recipe for weight yo-yos, probably the least healthy option of all.

No one thing works for everyone, but what worked for me was finding and practicing new, relatively pleasant habits I could keep up forever almost on autopilot to stay at a healthy weight. I told myself I wasn't going to do anything to lose weight that I wasn't willing to stick with forever, other than a sensibly moderate calorie deficit to trigger the weight loss. So far, so good. ;) I'm heading into year 8 of maintaining a healthy weight after just under a year of loss, and about 30 previous years of overweight/obesity.

Wishing you success: The rewards are worth the effort, IME!