• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Thank you @Machka for the missing parts! I knew there was more but I was tired and didn’t even think to look last night. 😍 You are a great co-author!! 😁
    Part 6 beginning

Fairy Godmother magically pops into the kitchen to see what she can do. She gets there before everyone leaves, looks around and examines the body from afar. She then pops out and into Cinderella’s room. She sees that Sleeping Beauty is helping her and offers to help speed up Cindy’s cleanup. (And while she’s at it, sprucing up Sleeping Beauty a little as well).

Nosy, standing near the front door, tries to stop anyone who is leaving to ask if they know anything. There is a rumor going around the Ball now that there is a hole dug out behind Zel’s tower. The rumor is that Cindy was found out there. The servants shut and lock the doors, pushing Nosy back into the hall. He rushes over to Pixie to exchange notes with her. What have they found out?? They are keeping it all to themselves.

Outside, Hansel and Grettle have been found by Shrek, who questions them about why they are outside and running away from the Ball. Zel, has run into Fiona in the tunnel. (Unbeknownst to anyone, Shrek and Fiona had been hired to guard the Ball and any ‘secret’ means of entering and leaving.

Fairy Godmother, in the magical land of Roswell.
    MsElphaba wrote: »
    Story:
    Gretel realizes the cloaked figure is their good friend, Shrek. She quickly apologizes as she and Hansel help Shrek up to his feet. They explain they were just trying to take the opportunity to go munch on BabaYaga’s house while she was otherwise occupied. Shrek can certainly understand, but tells them this is not the time to be out roaming through the woods with a killer on the loose. Gretel concedes that she is thirsty and would love some more of the Prince’s wine. The trio is chatting while walking back to the castle when suddenly Hansel falls into the deep hole in the ground. While Gretel calls down into the hole to see if Hansel is alright, Shrek notices their proximity to Zel’s tower. He knows Fiona was around here. He sees the hole, but no sign of his love. “FIOOOOONNNNAA,” he yells.

Make it a great day,
    Linda
    Jacksonville, FL

Fiona jogs up to Shrek dragging someone along who is limping badly and protesting loudly.

"Guess who I found in Zel's tunnel", announces Fiona, "Dame Gothel!"

Gothel shrieks when she sees Shrek, and then screams, "I am going to cut her hair and lock her in the tower forever! She's a wicked, wicked girl! After all I've done for her, she ran off with him!"

Shrek and Fiona quickly look at Gothel, "What happened? Zel ran off with who?"

"I'm sure she's been seeing him on the sly. That's why she dug that tunnel! I figured she'd go to the ball tonight to see him again. Sure enough, she wasn't in her tower tonight and I had to haul a ladder to the tower to get in!" grumbled Gothel while stretching her neck and shoulders. "Hurt my shoulder!"

Shrek urged Gothel on, "OK but what happened then?"

"Zel, that ungrateful brat, came in from underneath the tower and up the stairs. Just when I was reaching out to her, he grabbed her and they ran down the stairs! They tripped me, I'm sure of it, and I fell on the stairs." complained Gothel, rubbing her leg.

"Who grabbed her?" said Shrek and Fiona in unison.

Gothel straightened up, "Prince Charming, of course."

"What???" shouted Shrek, Fiona, Hansel and Gretel.

Gothel gestured impatiently, "Prince Charming ... him!", she pointed to the figure at the top of the castle stairs, "HIM!" Gothel turned to face Prince Charming, "YOU! How did you get here so quickly? Where is Zel?"

Prince Charming looked confused.

M in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited April 26
    Options
    Annie - I understand how much life piles up, and particularly when it has to seem as if every waking moment is making sure your dad is OK one way or another. Don't forget, though, that the exercise isn't just to lose weight, it's for your head and for your heart. When we exercise, we do SO much more for ourselves than we can see just on the outside. I can hear the depression in your words--try to fit your exercise in even when you don't feel like it... keep that little voice alive that says, "you'll feel better if you do," because it's the one telling you the truth. I struggle with it almost every day, kiddo, but that voice keeps me going, because I know I'll feel better if I do. I got tied up in my quilt making yesterday and felt it all night, that I hadn't done the yoga that keeps everything from hurting quite so badly. You can do this, darlin'. We all can.

Linda - Love the fluffballs, but the oral surgeon visit sounds like no fun at all... I just looked at the tax assessment on our property, and it's doubled, but our taxes historically have been so low here that even doubling them, it will be less than we've paid anywhere else. One of the many, many reasons we live here.

Allie - Just thinking about you and the family, dear heart. Holding you up from out here in the middle of the country.

Machka - Love the floor!

We got new neighbors once more down below us, between us and the road... couple of little tow-headed kids were still running around and around the outside of that little house, yelling, at 9 pm. Made Corey and I seriously discuss something we've thought about before. Getting a loan against this house to build further up the hill from us... We could get a road built up into the 10+ acres we own behind this house, get a small house built, two-bedroom, two-bath, just for the two of us, and then either rent out or sell this house. We would be able to build a place for us into the middle of the acreage and essentially eliminate the noise issues with neighbors and barking dogs... Very tempting.

Still thinking about it.

Other than speculating on that idea, which would take a couple years to actually accomplish, not much going on. Storm headed my way, big one, visible on the radar for hundreds of miles. It's the only time I believe the weather widgets...

More quilt work today, but hopefully almost done with the hardest part. Had to stop yesterday once I started making mistakes and having to rip them out and try again.

But first, taking my own advice for Annie, yoga.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in what is about to be the very soggy Arkansas River Valley

• RustyBFF
    RustyBFF Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 26
    Options
    Macha that flooring is lovely. We have herringbone wooden flooring and I love it. The sheen of the wood when the sun hits it just lifts my heart.

Weigh in day for me and I have tracked for 19 days now. 1.4 kg (3lb) down today total 6.6 kg (14.5 lb) just over a stone lost! It's a long journey but I'm the way now.

Not much planned for the weekend here other than tidying up the garden (again damn the high winds!) I may dust of my paints as I am feeling inspired by you ladies.

Rusty in Yorkshire
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Gratitudes:
    Friday: hot tub.
    Thursday: washing machine and dryer.
    Wednesday: sun breaking through the fog. Time with Joe even when he’s being cantankerous..
    Tuesday: The camaraderie of the casserole-a-thon crew.
    Belated welcome @dec2269!
    Lanette never thought I’d say this but thank goodness for windows updates ;) Glad it got your printer working :heart:
    Allie :heartbreak: ((hugs)) and ((prayers)) :cry:
    Vicki ((hugs)) sorry for the loss of your special friend, they are so very precious.
    Pg 49 but the sitting too long timer just bonged…
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    April: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    Today is: Hugs to our Australians! (Tasmania counts too!) Watch out for hairballs today AND ALIENS!! I may be around to visit today in my transporter! 😁

c9jbcsrz2nv9.jpeg
    cxq2ztpxf8kd.jpeg
    b0qqpswh4o5o.jpeg
    jsr3pfus7x5y.png

RVRita in Roswell, NM 👽🛸🚀
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    edited April 26
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

We are back from our weekend, on which both of us got sick. We managed to keep it at bay until we got home. I spent all day Sunday in bed. I didn’t even have the energy to warm up soup. It’s rare that I get sick, so this really stunk. One of the mister’s colleagues went to the office and coughed all over everyone. I’m really shocked that I got sick. He mister had COVID and I didn’t get that. This appears to just be a wicked cold. I’m still coughing, but it’s better every day. The mister does not seem to be improving. He’s going on sick for 2 weeks.

The trip was nice. We went to the Santa Ynez Valley. There is a Danish village called Solvang. It was not busy. We lucked out. It’s usually packed with tourists. We did some wine tasting (discovered we are not fans of the wines in the area) and hiking. The wildflowers are nearly at peak bloom and we’re gorgeous!

Spent the week in recovery, but managed to get a haircut. Today, I’ll run some errands and maybe go to the zoo for a bit. It’s cool and gloomy, so the animals might be out.

Michele-I’m also surprised you haven’t had to get a background check yet. If the church wants volunteers, they’ll likely find a way to pay the fee. Pedophiles lurk in seemingly innocent human-looking vessels all the time.

Rebecca-Yes. You look like Tyne Daly. Great haircut.

Tracey-The book is “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.” There’s a movie. I’m going to read it again before the trip.

I’ll have to catch up later.

Tina in CA