WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies!

We are back from our weekend, on which both of us got sick. We managed to keep it at bay until we got home. I spent all day Sunday in bed. I didn’t even have the energy to warm up soup. It’s rare that I get sick, so this really stunk. One of the mister’s colleagues went to the office and coughed all over everyone. I’m really shocked that I got sick. He mister had COVID and I didn’t get that. This appears to just be a wicked cold. I’m still coughing, but it’s better every day. The mister does not seem to be improving. He’s going on sick for 2 weeks.

The trip was nice. We went to the Santa Ynez Valley. There is a Danish village called Solvang. It was not busy. We lucked out. It’s usually packed with tourists. We did some wine tasting (discovered we are not fans of the wines in the area) and hiking. The wildflowers are nearly at peak bloom and we’re gorgeous!

Spent the week in recovery, but managed to get a haircut. Today, I’ll run some errands and maybe go to the zoo for a bit. It’s cool and gloomy, so the animals might be out.

Michele-I’m also surprised you haven’t had to get a background check yet. If the church wants volunteers, they’ll likely find a way to pay the fee. Pedophiles lurk in seemingly innocent human-looking vessels all the time.

Rebecca-Yes. You look like Tyne Daly. Great haircut.

Tracey-The book is “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.” There’s a movie. I’m going to read it again before the trip.

I’ll have to catch up later.

Tina in CA

I love Solvang. We stopped there on our first real family vacation. We stopped on the way home from a week stay in Lake Elsinore and doing all the touristy things(Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farms, San Deigo Wildlife Park). It is so fun to walk around. It was so pretty with all the flowers.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    💖🤗
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,592 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 6min 32sec, 177elev, 2.89ap, 83ahr, 109mhr, 6.12mi= 610c
    Strava app = 750c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 56.15min, 764elev, 101aw, 16.1amph, 49arpm, gear30, 105ahr, 134mhr, 15.10mi= 330c
    Strava app= 324c
    Zwift stats- 56.21min, 764elev, 100aw, 48arpm, 16.08amph, 15.1mi= 325c

Total cal 940

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    gk3kcsc8qeyy.png
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Deb – we’ve read that orange cats are the friendliest. The orange cats we had were very friendly. After we go to Steve’s for his cookout in the beginning of June, we’ll probably look for 3 male orange cats. Who knows what we’ll end up with, tho???

Guess I’d better post this.

Michele NC

Both of our orange/apricot cats are super friendly. The brother is the one who had all those seizures. He isn't the prettiest cat(sister is for sure) but he has the best personality- Very loving.
    All but one love attention (she was son's girlfriend's cat and was never really socialized. She is doing better and we can pet her a bit more now than we used to).
    We have never gone out of our way to FIND cats. Every single one- all 11 inside cats(two have passed away now and the one who snuck out never came back),plus we now have four, that we have seen, neighborhood cats/strays that eat here at least twice a day- All found us.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options
    Physical activity and sedentary behaviour guidelines – older Australians (65 years and over) – tips and ideas for being active
    https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/physical-activity-and-sedentary-behaviour-guidelines-older-australians-65-years-and-over-tips-and-ideas-for-being-active?language=en

Choose health, be active – a physical guide for older Australians
    https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/choose-health-be-active-a-physical-guide-for-older-australians?language=en

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    b66eqdvlmdf5.png
  • Machka9
    edited April 27
    Options
    @exermom
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked then put down top soil. See, we had some left over from last year and I really want to get it down before lots of weeds grow on it because I know who’ll wind up having to cut those weeds down. Same person who had to cut the weeds off the pile of dirt they left after putting in the pool. Shoveled some in different places. Vince is really tired so I told him that I’d shovel tomorrow and he can just smooth out the dirt because I really want to get that dirt taken care of. I’ll shovel, that I don’t mind. Update: got my car, Vince's back is bothering him and since it's misting out, decided not to do the dirt. Hopefully, we can tomorrow or Sunday (I have to lector tomorrow)

Michele NC

Cutting weeds doesn't help. You've got to pull them out roots and all. It's very satisfying to do that.

@sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies!

We are back from our weekend, on which both of us got sick. We managed to keep it at bay until we got home. I spent all day Sunday in bed. I didn’t even have the energy to warm up soup. It’s rare that I get sick, so this really stunk. One of the mister’s colleagues went to the office and coughed all over everyone. I’m really shocked that I got sick. He mister had COVID and I didn’t get that. This appears to just be a wicked cold. I’m still coughing, but it’s better every day. The mister does not seem to be improving. He’s going on sick for 2 weeks.

Tina in CA

Time for a visit with the doctor to see if he's got bronchitis or a sinus infection?

@Anniesquats100
    Good morning ladies!

Thank you Lisa and Michele. I have been feeling down lately. I never signed up for that pharmacy technician class, and now I'm spending more time driving dad around. I might have missed my window of opportunity. I keep thinking about my trip in October and wondering if that will get cancelled too. Well, this phase won't last forever.

Annie in Delaware

I know you have to be around your father a lot, but if you can be out for a while now and then, what about getting a part-time job in a pharmacy? In the small pharmacies here, the cashiers also take the prescriptions and pass them along to the pharmacist. You might be able to learn a bit on the job. Then, if you still want to take the course, you will already know some of the terminology.

@cityjaneLondon
    Last night was a bit of a revelation! :o
    My old earbuds didn't fit my ears well, fell out, and kept their charge for no time at all. If I wasn't going out of the house, it was more trouble than not, to use them. Basically, they were a pain.
    I'm someone who is used to soldiering on with sub-par things, blaming myself for their poor performance. I also don't like spending money that I don't need to. But, I'm changing. If something is irritating me, then I feel more empowered to change it. So I reluctantly, guiltily, looked for new earbuds and was amazed to see how cheap they were! The price of a takeaway pizza!
    Mine arrived yesterday evening. All charged up and ready to go. Oh my! I hadn't realised how bad the sound quality was on my, more expensive, old ones. These opened up a whole new world. I truly was stunned and couldn't stop listening.
    I still haven't mastered the tapping business, but I can practice.
    They are cheap. They probably won't last long. But, for now, I'm happy.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I tend to find something that's not working as well as I would like, and I think to myself, "It's 2024 ... they've got to have invented something better than this by now! And usually they have.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Options