WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,728 Member
    Options
    Well ,if you want something to look up something look up Vater or VaterC anomalies it happens in 1 in 10,000-40,000 babies and Tracy seems to be the one having the problem,the longer she waits the harder it will be.
    So keep the thoughts and prayers coming.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,339 Member
    Options
    Allie-from what you have described it sounds as if the baby has multiple of the VaterL defects-very different than is it were just the limb. Prayers of support as you and family walk through this most difficult time.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,358 Member
    Options
    Well ,if you want something to look up something look up Vater or VaterC anomalies it happens in 1 in 10,000-40,000 babies and Tracy seems to be the one having the problem,the longer she waits the harder it will be.

From what I've read, most patients can be treated with a combination of surgeries, medication, and PT or OT. The article I read says that the long term outlook for a child who has been treated is good. So that should give Tracey some hope. Still....prayers going out to her.

Michele NC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Kelly -- I am so, so sorry for all you are trying to handle. Many hugs and much love are being sent your way. So much sadness.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    Options
    For Machka -- because I know how you love to geek out! It's what I love most about you. :love:

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    <3
  • OregonMother
    edited April 29
    Options

I just read about this, Allie. I think this is what my sister was born with. It affected her *kitten*. She had corrective surgery shortly after birth. And she had scoliosis. It sounds like your grandchild has more of the other issues, but when I first started reading about, my heart stopped a little. I knew she had been born with a birth defect and what it was, but I have never had a name for it.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    Kaitlyn’s video is in this link at 4:45

https://globalnews.ca/video/10455442/global-news-hour-at-6-edmonton-april-27-2024/

Tracey in Edmonton
  • RustyBFF
    RustyBFF Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies

A quiet weekend but we managed to get the garden tidy between the rain and we filled a skip.

A friend I am helping dropped off some beautiful flowers which was lovely

Rusty in Yorkshire
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,501 Member
    edited April 29
    Options
    Gratitudes:
    Sunday: Shadow’s vigilance. Our neighbor was firing off his guns while I was lopping holly. Shadow gave a few warning barks, then positioned herself in the parking area so she could survey the scene while covering my back. What a good guard dog she it!
    Saturday: peaceful, quiet, uncramped home after overwhelmingly loud and crowded fundraiser. Such a relief!
    Allie thanks for the sMyles pic to lift our spirits. If it gets too bad, maybe one of these would help? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Household-Essentials-Collapsible-Folding-Metal-Clothes-Drying-Rack-White/679943949?from=/search
    Linda Brava for focusing on the fluff balls instead of the other stuff.
    Rusty con VERY grats for taking off that stone ;)
    Tina “Solvang”, Debbie “Nut Tree” ah sweet memories. Pea Soup Andersen’s too. Thanks!
    Lisa and Michele what you said about activity/exercise lifting mood. Truth and sometimes the only thing that gets me moving.
    Machka thanks for the activity tips and downloads. To be honest I’m struggling to get back into the PT exercises/step goals so the 18 pg brochure is overwhelming. Will look at it again tomorrow.
    Through pg 53, time to snooze.
    Don’t know why my barky gif has gotten so big but too sleepy to try to fix. Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD c3gi9ff0667u.gif

April: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Lovely to see Kaitlyn and her husband. Thank you for posting that. <3 And the painting is beautiful. Just my colours! :)

Quiet day. Cleaner comes after lunch. I have a phone call scheduled with L at 4 pm.

My brother has texted to say that they could visit on Wednesday! :D Just a quick one. I've replied, "Yay!" I have a Zoom with my girlfriends at 4pm, but they will probably be gone by then. Need a few more details about timings for food or going out. I can give him one of the cards I have painted for his birthday in May. He's already got his present of a cheese wheel!

I'm getting properly dressed and face on at the moment. I find it helps my mood rather than slobbing it. I've invested in some new makeup and I LOVE it. No one is seeing it, apart from John and me, and he doesn't notice, but it cheers me up. Going to try out my new steamer in a moment.

So sorry K J. I have no words for all that loving anxiety you are carrying. <3

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,060 Member
    edited April 29
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Michele so sad that your friend's life has gotten worse. Sending gifts is a caring thing to do, and will certainly lift her spirits and brighten her day.

Flea so wonderful that you are a boring patient!

Kelly that's a lot of sad diagnoses to carry around, especially the youngest one. Eating disorders are so tough to deal with.

Well I skipped my exercise yesterday because my back was sore and I stayed up late reading. No excuses today! My weight is creeping back up too. Time to work a little harder.

Have a wonderful day! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Lisa - the cc cream I am using feels like nothing at all on the face. Amazing technology! A small colourless blob, massaged in, evens out all my blobs and blots, and gives me a hint of a tint. Makeup has moved on! For me, a blusher is something I would take to a desert island as my cheeks are grey. I really do look sick. My new blusher requires a pinpoint of pigment. I'm amazed. The old days of foundation and powder are past. You should just look healthily glowing.
    I've always envied those with colouring and those who do not need to wear makeup. But I inherited my half-dead look from my mother, along with her horrible cellulite. I hate looking in the mirror and seeing her sad, old, tired face and eyes. Hence the lift to my spirits when I make the effort.

My new steamer worked beautifully. I now have two pristine t shirts . Just like being on a cruise!
    We should be just rounding the coast of France right now.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Tracey ~ I always thought you would be working with younger children. When your practicum is over, what will you be doing? It sounds like you are in some interesting classes with all the projects they are doing.

Michele ~ So sad about your best friend!

Flea ~ Hugs!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options