WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Thanks for thinking of me Lanette. I live in the Texas Hill Country now. All of my friends are safe. One friend lives in Sulphur, OK. Her town was hit hard, but she and her family are all good.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Thanks for thinking of me Lanette. I live in the Texas Hill Country now. All of my friends are safe. One friend lives in Sulphur, OK. Her town was hit hard, but she and her family are all good.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

Okie - thanks for checking in! Glad you were weren't affected. I saw photos of Sulphur - terrible devastation, glad your friend and her family are all good.

Vicki has been on my mind quite a bit lately. Hope we hear from her soon.

Lanette
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Rita - Thanks for posting the rest of the story! Lots of work for you, hope it was fun for you, as well. :smiley:

Annie - Corey bought a battery-operated walk behind for me that's self-propelled or not, as you choose, and it takes a tremendous amount of effort out of the process. No gas, just keeping the battery charged in between mows. It has a 45-minute charge so it limits the amount of effort due to that, as well. Mine's a Ryobi, and I'm quite happy with it. It starts with a push button, and it comes with a bag that you can use or skip, if you prefer to mulch instead.

Spent a couple of hours working flat out in the house, and got a lot of the things done that I wanted to accomplish. Even got myself to vacuum!

And, in the meantime, met the new downhill neighbor. So young, which I assumed with the little rugrats running around. I had a great first impression of her, and they've already done a lot to clean up a place that was just used as a cockroach-infested drug shack and trashpit by the last three sets of people over the last six years. I hope they stay, and welcomed her as much as I could. I hope they stay, but the place is in such bad shape, and the landlords will do nothing to help clean it up or fix it up. They're paying a very low amount for rent, but there's a reason for that.

Anyway, off to bed, my chickens,
    Here's to a lovely, busy, productive Tuesday,
    Lisa in AR
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Debbie – good haul selling those things

Michele NC

Forgot, the best part of selling all the stuff was that it was all "my" stuff-none of his Godzilla stuff sold.
    When he goes to the shows he always sells a bunch of his and just some of the other regular stuff. I know this show was different but I also know he pushes his stuff more too. He makes more money on his stuff/higher priced, but I make up in volumn.

Left to go to class on time, get to the corner and the light comes on to check my tire so turned around and came home. Flat tire- piece of metal in the tire and a big slit. Have to go get a new tire in the morning. DH changed it, took about 20 min so was just a little late to class instead of 15 min early
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    What I've been watching the past few weeks:

Finished the latest season of Father Brown
    Finished the latest season of Death in Paradise
    Finished the latest season of Beyond Paradise

Now I'm into Season 2 of The Bletchley Circle. On the edge of my seat! :#

Need to figure out what's next. Maybe reruns of Vera? :p

Lanette
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,761 Member
    Options
    I’ll catch up tomorrow night, my music shows are on tonight.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    Lisa - the cc cream I am using feels like nothing at all on the face. Amazing technology! A small colourless blob, massaged in, evens out all my blobs and blots, and gives me a hint of a tint. Makeup has moved on! For me, a blusher is something I would take to a desert island as my cheeks are grey. I really do look sick. My new blusher requires a pinpoint of pigment. I'm amazed. The old days of foundation and powder are past. You should just look healthily glowing.
    I've always envied those with colouring and those who do not need to wear makeup. But I inherited my half-dead look from my mother, along with her horrible cellulite. I hate looking in the mirror and seeing her sad, old, tired face and eyes. Hence the lift to my spirits when I make the effort.

My new steamer worked beautifully. I now have two pristine t shirts . Just like being on a cruise!
    We should be just rounding the coast of France right now.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

I went looking for that stuff and discovered it is fairly expensive. ($20 for what looks about the size of a toothpaste tube). I'll stick with my current foundation. I bought a bit of it when the brand vanished from stores several years ago and I still have enough to last me for years to come.

That's the only make-up I use ... just a thin layer of foundation.

I'm fortunate, I guess, to have a southern European/Mediterranean light tan on my face almost all the time. If I am out in the sun, and I burn, the next day, I am back to a light tan. If I spend many days in the sun and my arms and legs get dark, my face has a light tan. If I spend time indoors through the winter and the dark tan on my arms and legs goes away, my face still appears to have a light tan ... until right near the end of winter if I haven't spent any time outside in months ... then I go a bit pale and people start asking me if I am OK. But usually a month later I am back to the light tan.

Nice but also probably why I had skin cancer on my nose for so long before finally getting it taken care of. I do spend a lot of time outside but my face doesn't change colour. So I didn't think of my nose being in danger.

Have you thought about dying your hair dark and doing it in a Phryne Fisher bob? Like in the 1920s? Pale skin dark bob. It might be a good look for you. 😀

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,057 Member
    Options
    Good morning to my marvelous friends!

Rusty, I'm sorry to hear about your son's surgery. The end of the year is a long time to wait!

Rebecca, Lanette and Lisa, thanks for chiming in about lawnmowers. Lots of ideas rumbling around in my head. Rebecca you are right that as long as there is a lawnmower here, my dad will use it! He talks about hiring a neighbor kid, but that's not common anymore.

There's nothing on the calendar today which means he will ask me what he should do. Hmm.

I need to get my tires looked at. I put air in, but a week later the light came back on.

Have a great day! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Rusty - I'm sorry the surgery to reverse the stoma is so far away. I know it has to be frustrating for you both. It does sound like a rational motivation for weight loss

Machka - Do you carry dual citizenship, or did you have to give up your Canadian citizenship once you got your Australian status?

Heather - I found the Neutrogena CC cream on sale, and with a $4 coupon, on Amazon, so picked up a tube of it for just over $6. It's ordinarily $18, so I was pleased. No idea if I picked the right shade, always hard to tell on a computer, but we'll see. Unfortunately, it also means my feeds are now FILLED with ads for makeup. :neutral: Just annoying.

Laundry going, dishes about to be started. Absolutely gorgeous morning outside, but a little chilly for me yet.

My friend is on her way, they spent the night in Gallup, New Mexico, after a stop in Winslow, Arizona, and to see the Meteor Crater. I'm glad they're enjoying the trip across. They should be here by Thursday. They'll be fine, they will stay on I-40 all the way through, but it's a little stressful. They usually travel about 300 miles a day. And honestly, once you're past Albuquerque, there's not much to look at. (I keep hearing Bugs Bunny's voice, "I knew I shoulda taken that left toin at Al-buh-koi-kee! :smiley: )

Got the oven on self-clean, a few hours left for that to finish, dishes running in the dishwasher, washer and dryer going, and while all that's in progress, going to get my yoga going. Restless sleep last night, and didn't do my yoga yesterday. I apparently need the yoga to help my body sleep well, but am wary of pushing a body that breaks down quite easily. Have to find a happy medium somehow. I'll figure it out eventually.

In the meantime, it's time to get my groove on, baby... 👟🧘🏻💪🏻🏋🏻‍♀️🐈‍⬛ Egg is reasonably unimpressed. :smiley:

Later, babies...
    Love,
    Lisa in AR, which is sllllooooowwwwly drying out from the monsoon weekend.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    Lisa, I have dual citizenship.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    Annie in Delaware, in regards to your Dad mowing when he really shouldn't, if it were me, I would hire a service. Ask them if they want the mower you have now as well. If your Dad doesn't have access to a mower, then he can't mow. Less stress for everyone.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

@Annie I agree. No mower available= he can’t mow. Getting a rider will give him means of going down the road, or ‘go for a ride’ somewhere he shouldn’t. Hiring someone and giving them the mower would be my suggestions as well.
  • kevrit
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Good morning. Annie got us up early (4:50 today, 6:40 yesterday) so I will walk early and have plenty of walking time before I need to be home.

:) The carpets are clean and furniture is back in place. The four of us sat on the patio for nearly 2 hours in sunny 47 degree weather. I pulled weeds for about 15 minutes, but otherwise sat with them. It didn't start to rain until time to go in. We fed the dogs outside but Jake and I had to wait for our supper until all the work was done. Once again, the carpet cleaner did a great job and Jake gave her a big tip. He is very happy with the results.

:) It was a long stressful day that included vacuuming, furniture moving, and stressed out dogs. Bessie is worse than I am and not liking to have her routines changed. Annie has never been as obedient as she was during this forced waiting time. Jake and I were both exhausted and finished the day by watching Jeopardy and Beyond Paradise and went to bed early.

:)Rita, Thanks for the charming story. My contribution was as the reader and an invisible, nameless character in the wings.

:)Annie, Jake bought a battery powered lawn mower, trimmer, and leaf blower. They have enabled him to do far more yard work than he would have otherwise. Because the battery lasts only 30-60 minutes, they limit how long he can work in one session.

<3 Love and hugs,
    Barbie in NW WA

G
    I am so sorry I didn’t give you a character Barbie!! I tried to get everyone. You could have been Fiona or Gothel. Please forgive me. I’m thinking about one for May. I’ll make you the main character!

RVRita
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,057 Member
    Options
    I did my twenty eight minutes on my bike and twenty minutes walking! Yay!

Still thinking about the lawn. Next step is to get some estimates. Thanks for your comments!

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    Options
    Today is Be honest to your children while giving them Oatmeal Cookies!!

o0ou1zpxxz09.jpeg
    84xvl5ssk578.jpeg

RVRita