Low Cal Flavour for Plain Greek Yogurt?

Options
2»

Replies

• yvonnemfp
    yvonnemfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For something different, I add in salted pumpkin seeds or sliced almonds.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,522 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Liberté makes plain Greek with at the very least 0%, 2%, and 5% options based on what I run into.

The 0% plain sells out first. Always sad when I have to decide to get the 2% Greek or the lactose free 0% Greek version when the 0% plain is out.

Brands do have subtle differences between them. I enjoy oikos, liberté, PC (president choice), and even Kirkland 0% Greek plain almost equally. Some other national brands I find almost inedible

I personally found the Kirkland 0% Greek Yogurt very very sour. Oikos and liberte are alright, but for plain my favorite is Fage 2%.
  • kngddmbppx
    kngddmbppx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Splenda or stevia whatever you prefer and a ripe banana. I love plain Greek yogurt! So much protein and you will get used to the taste but for now a little sweetener will help.
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Fage is my favorite Greek yogurt, even the 0% tastes creamy to me. No sour taste. I like to mix in fresh berries (chopped strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or a mixture). Summer's coming up, tis the season for sweet berries!
  • Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    @Tango_Bravado I eat Fage Total 2% Plain Greek Yogurt. It doesn't taste as sour to me as some brands. And, it is very high in protein. Do read the labels. Some brands have half of the protein as others. I'm not sure what brands you have where you live.
    But as another person mentioned, your tastebuds do change. So after a while, it may not seem so sour.
    But for added sweetness, there is a fairly new calorie-free sweetener out. It is called Allulose. I use Wholesome brand. If you can't find it in the store, Amazon sells it. Some brands are not pure Allulose (but a mixture of sweeteners) because Allulose is more expensive than other sweeteners. Allulose is about 70% as sweet as sugar. You might try it. I use it in my chia seed pudding and mixed with plain Greek yogurt and berries.