What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Currently on holiday in the Pyrenees and today we hiked to a mountain lake. Not only did I easily manage the 340m total ascent, I even managed to climb 200-250m carrying our backpack (probably 10kg/22lbs, BF usually carries it).

5 years ago I wouldn't even have tried this climb, I would have had to stop every few minutes to catch my breath!

In awe!!!!

My dream trip is climbing the route the downed flyers took over the Pyrenees to escape
    Occupied France. My heroine, Nancy Wake, was involved in helping them escape, and eventually had to take that route herself to escape the Gestapo.

When I checked into it, the trip leader said I’d need extensive experience in mountains. We’ve only got foothills and Blue Ridge around here. 😢

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,703 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Currently on holiday in the Pyrenees and today we hiked to a mountain lake. Not only did I easily manage the 340m total ascent, I even managed to climb 200-250m carrying our backpack (probably 10kg/22lbs, BF usually carries it).

5 years ago I wouldn't even have tried this climb, I would have had to stop every few minutes to catch my breath!

In awe!!!!

My dream trip is climbing the route the downed flyers took over the Pyrenees to escape
    Occupied France. My heroine, Nancy Wake, was involved in helping them escape, and eventually had to take that route herself to escape the Gestapo.

When I checked into it, the trip leader said I’d need extensive experience in mountains. We’ve only got foothills and Blue Ridge around here. 😢

Oh, don't confuse me with a real mountaineer, I do well hiking up a mountain on a fair trail (thanks to being fit), but I'm an absolute coward when it comes to hiking downhill. Probably a mix of fear of heights and the fact that I only started hiking at 22 years old, so I never acquired any true confidence in my footing like true hikers from a young age (like my BF).
    Just today I threw a fit/ panicked because we were 400m up from our starting point and it started to rain - my incline tolerance is way lower going downhill than uphill and add some rain to that and I'm terrified of slipping.

Made it down in one piece (15km, 467m ascent), but a bit of a relationship test 😝 I don't think I'd ever dare take on a trail like the one you're talking about!
  • KarinSanden
    KarinSanden Posts: 42 Member
    Yesterday I took my training sweater off and trained in just my training-bra because I felt comfortable in my body. That has not happened before regardless of how warm and sweaty I have been.
  • jaded989
    jaded989 Posts: 173 Member
    I was out with a meet up group and I was mentioning how cold it was in the venue, only one other person seemed to agree it was cold. Then one of the other ladies said to me 'it's because you don't have any body fat". My jaw almost hit the floor! What? I look like I don't have body fat? Definitely an NSV.
  • anxietyfairy
    anxietyfairy Posts: 2 Member
    I changed my goal weight from 60kg to 70kg to 80kg because I realised if I work on strength and muscles, I don't need to drop as much weight and I'll be able to eat more! My bmi will be higher, but I'll still look pretty lean if I keep working at it! I think I'm 173cms.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!