McDonald's

Options
So I have a playdate with my son & some of his friends & parents. After the playground we are going to McDonald's. I was looking for advice on the best options. I was thinking of a chix snack wrap.

What are the healthier picks at McDonalds??

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    In before all the haters!

Their website has a full nutrition list, so you can scan through and pick what you like, and see the nutrition there too!
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    In before all the haters!

Their website has a full nutrition list, so you can scan through and pick what you like, and see the nutrition there too!

LOL! Waiting for the haters too.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i have gone down the whole list of mcdonals nurtritional info and its either chicken nuggets with salad or small chips :)

xxx
  • njoithomp
    Options
    The yogurt parfait is only 140 calories and tastes very good. All of the snack wraps are good, chicken and burger types. And their salads are great as long as you get the chicken grilled.
  • BridgetMiko
    BridgetMiko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Their grilled chicken sandwich minus the mayo is pretty good. You can add a side salad with fat free dressing too.

Good luck, have fun!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I would check out their website.
    I usually get their grilled chicken sandwhich or the Asian grilled chicken salad. both are tasty and low-cal for fastfood. Make sure to go easy on the dressing for the salad though :) and I always ask for no mayo on the sandwich..they layer it on really thick! Enjoy your playdate :)
  • christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You can get a side salad, or a wrap, just choose grilled chicken, not crispy, it's not that bad. But really if you have the calories and want a cheeseburger, just get the cheeseburger, I say.
  • RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I ate there yesterday on my way to meet my running group. I had a Southwest Chicken salad (grilled) and grill chicken snack wrap. Both were pretty reasonable and tasted pretty good. YMMV.
  • erica14304
    erica14304 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When I do have to eat there, which isn't very often I will get a Happy Meal. With fries and a cheeseburger it's around 500 calories.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I think the chicken wrap is pretty good, something grilled and water, you should be fine.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    They all should have pamphlets in their stores and the calories in a list on the wall.
    There are also the "heart tick approved meals" which is either chicken burger, nuggets, wrap etc wt a salad nd oj/water.
    Also, seared chicken is cooked on the grill in water so probs healthiest thing I would say.

*worked there for 5 years*
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    When I do have to eat there, which isn't very often I will get a Happy Meal. With fries and a cheeseburger it's around 500 calories.

And you get a free toy! :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat what I want, and plan to get a tough workout in. :-)
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    When I do eat there, which is all the freaking time because it's delicious, I get a chicken nuggets kids meal. :)
  • Stoosshelby
    Options
    There are a LOT of fat grams in a snackwrap. Even the grilled chicken snack wrap with honey mustard. You are better off with a side salad and a yogurt parfait (minus the granola). I used to eat these often until I did the research.
  • khill2742
    Options
    Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad! I love it!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Their grilled chicken sandwich minus the mayo is pretty good. You can add a side salad with fat free dressing too.

Good luck, have fun!

McDonalds :sick:
    But if you must, the above, minus the mayo and bread. If you're going to have dressing, you might as well pick a real vin instead of that fat free shiznit.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Like everyone says, just look at their nutritional info. Best thing you can do.

And if I can be pre-emptive regarding the haters:

NO, McDonald's food does not contain wood as a filler

NO, McDonald's meat does not contain hoofs and non-edible animal parts

NO, McDonald's chicken is not 70% corn syrup

NO, McDonald's milkshakes are not mostly flour

NO, McDonald's does not steal newborn babies in the night to make their Big Macs

Ok that last one was just me being silly, every other ridiculous claim I have seen on these forums. I don't like McDonald's either. But I don't need to spread lies and rumors about them or anyone else. Use your head.
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The wrap is good and see if you can it without the dressing they put in it and get that on the side.
  • erikinhasanchez
    Options
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo McDonald's.

Dont take your kids to this crap fast food!