LESS Alcohol ~ MAY 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 5,081 Member
    Back for May!
    Goals for May
    Mostly Dry (no more than 4 days (ie: 1 day per weekend)
    Exceptions & Stats
    5/5 ~ Cinco De Mayo ~ My husband already has margarita's planned.
    5/26 ~ Birthday party at a baseball game.

Month Stats
    Current Streak - AF = 2
    Longest Streak 2024 - AF = 16
    5/6 = AF
    A = 2
    AF = 4

@NonnieDoiron, I'm sorry you were at the hospital with your MIL and had the stress of supporting your DH and BIL, but you craved and resisted the temptation! Great Job!! I hope your MIL is better.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,432 Member
    2 - AF
    3 - A
    2 - LA
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,622 Member
    Week 1 is done! Blew my AF streak by over-doing it at a Cinco de Mayo party but AF otherwise. Now back to AF and contemplating Mother's day AF drinks.

My typical plan for losing weight before a trip is doing more weights, walking on the treadmill before dinner. I just stocked up on soups and am making my lunch a lower-sodium soup (calorie-controlled), typically something with beans and veg in it. Split Pea is great. This tricks my brain into feeling full. And staying "AF" as much as possible of course. Mug of hot herbal tea at night helps to flush out any bloat.

With vacations coming up (EEK!), welcome advice on how to get into the right frame of mind to manage not drinking or drinking way less.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 731 Member
    Have another early meeting tomorrow morning so logging my no A night for today. Having to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for interacting with people in the mornings helps me with that decision.

May goals: 18 AF days
    Current:
    AF - 3
    A - 4
    LA - 1 = 1 glass
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,432 Member
    3 - AF
    3 - A
    2 - LA
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,197 Member
    May:
    AF: 3
    A: 5
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,166 Member
    Morning my May LA friends. :)

AF - 3
    A - 5
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Morning all!

Last night was pretty terrifying. There were tornadoes all over the country and one went right by my house in TN. Gotta love getting that emergency alert on your phone. So much damage within a mile of my house. Going to try and go help others if I can get out of the neighborhood.
    I can't imagine how frightening it must be to be that close to a tornado. I'm in SC and we're supposed to get high winds this afternoon/tonight - I'm hoping no huge branches (or whole trees) come down on our house. I hope your neighborhood has a quick recovery.

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,748 Member
    Good morning my LA Lovelies! Just caught up in posts, and a big giant hug to all those who needed it this past week!

The trip was great, we’d love the new area, but no word on if he got the job yet. So we shall see.

Meanwhile I had at least two drinks per day, but one day it was 4! Ugh I felt terrible the next day. So I’m back down to 1-1.5. That extra half a glass is what I need to start backing down, because it easily becomes two. So that’s my goal for the rest of this week.

My husband could not believe that the Decoy Sauvignon Blanc was as expensive as it was considering it had half the alcohol, but a few extra bucks is worth it for me to have less alcohol at home.

It is nice to be back home and into my normal routine, including exercise. Still need to get more consistent tracking my food. A work in progress!
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 299 Member
    Morning all!

Last night was pretty terrifying. There were tornadoes all over the country and one went right by my house in TN. Gotta love getting that emergency alert on your phone. So much damage within a mile of my house. Going to try and go help others if I can get out of the neighborhood.
    I can't imagine how frightening it must be to be that close to a tornado. I'm in SC and we're supposed to get high winds this afternoon/tonight - I'm hoping no huge branches (or whole trees) come down on our house. I hope your neighborhood has a quick recovery.

@SparkSpringtime69 I’m in SC too. Early this morning I was awaken by the tornado warning sounding on my phone! Scared the crap out of me! I live in Elgin 5 miles from the epicenter of all the earthquakes have been. Earthquakes AND tornadoes? It may be time for a natural disaster party… alcohol free or not. 😉🤣🤣
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited May 9
    @SparkSpringtime69 I’m in SC too. Early this morning I was awaken by the tornado warning sounding on my phone! Scared the crap out of m :# e! I live in Elgin 5 miles from the epicenter of all the earthquakes have been. Earthquakes AND tornadoes? It may be time for a natural disaster party… alcohol free or not. 😉🤣🤣
    We're in Conway, about 1/2 hr west of Myrtle Beach. We get to worry about hurricanes and tropical storms every year (and an occasional tornado warning too) :):o
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 411 Member
    @NonnieDoiron ...interesting rewards system... cool !! Sending healing vibes to your MIL.

Eldest Daughter has put on a few unwanted pounds this year and has a new mantra. easily offended, please stop reading now

"I'm fat but identify as skinny, so I'm "trans-slender" ".