LESS Alcohol ~ MAY 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    For the other grammas out there….. I also quit drinking wine whenever we babysat or had the grandkids stay overnight — they are too precious and need our full attention!

YES!! I want to cut back more for them than anything else!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

AF = 8
    A = 9

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    May:
    AF: 8
    A: 9
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    @itladyee isn’t it a wonderful thing, we are all a work in progress!?!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    8 - AF
    7 - A
    3 - LA
  • tmbg1
    Options
    9 - AF
    7 - A
    3 - LA
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Had a nice weekend balanced with exercise, baking with my granddaughter, gardening and making some decisions for a simple backyard refresh.

Boy, one thing leads to another and things add up to more time and money! But my DH and I do all the work so save, but I’m telling you I would rather pay any amount to not move gravel or bark. I keep telling myself it won’t take that long - little by little.

Staying within my limits has been great this week, but had a few unplanned wine nights.

AF tonight with a nice Stella NA 0.0 for 59 calories. Nice after a long day in the sunshine.

May goals: 18 AF days / 58% LA
    Current:
    AF - 7
    A - 7
    LA - 5
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    AF = 14
    A = 5

I am marking for last night and tonight, both AF. Have a good night!
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm still hanging on here at 19 day AF! We leave for a Rt. 66 trip June 15th and my plan is to do AF until then.

Then on the trip, I'm going to do LA because we enjoy trying different craft beers where ever we travel to.
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    @NonnieDoiron OMG...spoon poised over the meringue topped banana pudding before realizing it's only a photo... :'( ...
    Grandson's birthday coincides with Mother's Day, and we celebrated with my usual gift of a huge batch of cocoanut zucchini muffins. No money, no presents, just " Muffins, please Grampatti". Aren't we lucky when they make it that easy ??

Congratulations @MissMay on your new freedom. Painting, revamping your neighbor's mini gardens, working on the world's best suntan, opening an AF cocktail bar on your back patio...sleeping til noon is cool, but ya' miss the lovely ocean sunrises.

Still no A while Eldest Daughter is visiting from Louisiana...forgot to tell me that this year she is staying for 6 weeks instead of 4. Good thing, no??

Living in an animal sanctuary. Flocks of songbirds, Robins, Cardinals, Flickers, Jays, Mockingbirds, Woodpeckers, Doves, Hawks, Quail, beaucoup tiny brown birds, "huge-trash-day-crows", all singing, squawking, calling all day long.
    Nocturnal visits of racoons, possums, foxes, coyotes [sometimes mid day on the coyotes]. Snakes, moles, squirrels, bun-buns, and teeny lil' chipmunks. The feral-one-ear-clipped-cats have a dedicated path or three through my yard, and a napping place atop my woodpile. The loathsome groundhogs still inhabit my world without permission. This week SIL discovered one deceased under my Mulberry tree [ car hit ??] and interred it behind my shed. One down, one million to go. Deer trot up and down our street, nibbling on grass, ivy, whatever...In a month or so they will take
    over my yard to munch on any fallen apples I'm not nimble enough to pick up first. Catpucinno and I will just watch them from the porch...
    Inside Pittsburgh City Limits...

Happy Memorial Day, Pool Opening, School Over, Vacation !!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    May:
    AF: 9
    A: 10
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @danikat15 congrats on the AF streak.
    @forestdweller1 your backyard sounds like heaven! We have farm field behind us with woods beyond and next to that, and weexpected to see a lot of wildlife when we moved here. Hasn't been the case :(
    Maybe we need to plant an apple tree?
  • NonnieDoiron
    Options
    @forestdweller1 I LOVE the description of your yard! Sounds blissful! In ours, there are a lot of fruit & veggies growing. We get a lot of birds and squirrels, but I think the fence and our noisy hound dog, Brooks, are hindering more wildlife from visiting. But, we have chickens and roosters, so I can listen to the clucking and crowing. 😉
  • NonnieDoiron
    Options
    AF = 15
    A = 5

Could use a drink, but I won’t drink a drink. I’m going to chug water.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    10 - AF
    7 - A
    3 - LA
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    We’re finally putting the boat in the water this afternoon! The weather has been so lousy for weeks, will be really nice to know this weekend we can go sailing again.

Keeping up with the exercise, but my weight is still higher than I’d like. Also no AF days in about 3 months. I don’t even know if I want to go AF anymore. The low alcohol wine at is really helping- but I can’t get it when I go out to dinner. Phooey.

@MissMay enjoy your relaxing time! Hope your next gig is completely stress free.