Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Have meal type change automatically depending on the time of day.

Options
Hello!

One thing I was thinking would really help speed up the process of adding food would be that the meal type (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack) would change based on the time of day. I do know it’s easy to change, but it would be the cherry on the cake for a feature like that to be implemented. Maybe the users can set the parameters (I.e between 12-2pm lunchtime, 6-7 dinner time)
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,367 Member
    edited May 18
    Options
    But when you log isn't always when you've eaten the food.

For people who are prelogging their food for the day, this would be an annoying feature unless it was optional. Same for people like me who don't always log as they eat but sometimes only afterwards.
    And then there are people who use the different meals not according to time of the day, but sometimes type of food.
  • Adeeb246
    Adeeb246 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

For people who are prelogging their food for the day, this would be an annoying feature unless it was optional. Same for people like me who don't always log as they eat but sometimes only afterwards.
    And then there are people who use the different meals not according to time of the day, but sometimes type of food.

Ahhh I definitely see what you mean and how it could disrupt things. Maybe if they made it optional? But you make a fair point
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Adeeb246 wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »

Ahhh I definitely see what you mean and how it could disrupt things. Maybe if they made it optional? But you make a fair point

Optional would be best.
    I’m a night owl. I tend to eat breakfast around the time others in my time zone are usually eating lunch.

And how would it affect folks who have extra meals in their log? I’ve got the max because I do like to nibble some days.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I spent five years working night shift, waking up at 6pm and going to bed at 10am. It would definitely need to be optional.