JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,369 Member
    Options
    Needing alot more encouragement today. First time posting in this discussion group.
    Yesterday was a good day. I got my intense cardio day done, and having to attend a social event with ALOT of food, I didn't give in to some big dessert temptations. I did eat a normal dinner and chose as healthy of options as I could. two smaller sized ribs, homemade vinegary coleslaw and a few beans. The scale this morning was still moving in the right direction. I am so afraid of that going the other way as it typically does for me after a few days of dropping..

Today, I am feeling slightly weird, maybe like I might be coming down with something? Neck and head sorta of achy. I am on track for food so far , but nothing seems satisfying .I feel like I am just eating to hit my numbers today as best I can but not enjoying any of the food I am eating. So I am pushing water and herbal tea to get me through to a snack time (probably a protein shake) at 2-3 pm. Dinner will be a big salad with beef .
    Any other words of advice to keep me lined out would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone is having a great day

Welcome. Sounds like you have a good plan. Plan the work and work the plan. I am not great at advice as I've been wallowing lately, but I'm a good sounding board.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,739 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    edited May 22
    Options
    @HappyDonkey75 Welcome to JFT! Baby steps, one day at a time.

@PackerFanInGB That was some storm last night! Fortunately, we didn't lose power, but hubby's sister did & she's about 4 miles east of our house. Dog was terrified by the moving branches & lightning & thunder, so I pulled the curtains and hubby spent part of the evening comforting her in the basement with sound turned up on TV. Hubby watched as some of our neighbors had to chase their empty garbage bins blowing down the street. No trees came down near us this time, but I haven't been out of our neighborhood today. Lots of new tree growth down, and my oriole feeder was laying on the ground. Funny thing, this morning the plastic hanging cover to our charcoal grill was laying across one of the patio chairs like someone laid it down. Hubby didn't, neither did I, so wind must've done that. Weird. My brother posted video of hail yesterday, they have damage to their vehicles that were out. He lives 90 miles south of us. I'm just grateful we didn't have any tornadoes. Hope your toe heals fast!

@pridesabtch You've had a *kitten*-ton of stuff going on. Please take it easy on yourself & do self-care.

Recap 5/21 T
    1) Figure out supper, maybe Schwan's fish & veg in freezer / log all food / 64+ oz. water :smiley: Finally had a good day, even snacking wasn't wild. And always happy when I get 80 oz. water.
    2) Walked dog 4.16 miles :smiley: after skipping 5 days, happy dog & happy me
    3) Put away clean dishes / make rhubarb cobbler ~ first time making & very good / make rhubarb sauce & freeze some ~ two 2c containers in freezer, jar in fridge, rhubarb finally used up LOL / prep bday card for DE forgot / read / declutter something / other? meh :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 5/22 W ~ extremely windy, not sure I want to walk dog in that
    1) Finish up leftovers / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Walk dog? PT exercises? At least 7,500 steps
    3) Wash dishes / prep DE's bday card (hubby to mail when he runs errands) / schedule dog's annual check-up / clean toilets / scrub shower / read / call Mom / other?

5# Challenge (May):
    SW 184.5
    5.4.24: 186
    5.11.24: 184.5
    5.17.24: 185
    Challenge Goal 179.5

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first cookbook) ~ very good, I want to try other fruit this summer
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2xa [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered early on 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 ~ rats, no waiver of fee
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
      canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
      canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
      Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
      overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
      overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
      overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
      Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
      overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
      1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
      1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
      2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
      2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
      3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
      3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
      3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
      plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
      4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
      5.6.24 lunch with CAS
      5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB -- THis is the quilt I am working on for my grandson!! Lots of pieces, but its actually going together pretty good. This is not my quilt.. just the pattern. I'll post mine when I'm finished. I'm making it using grays.
    zznm90fb0soi.jpg[/spoiler}
  • mytime6630
    edited May 22
    Options
    Praying for all you guys affected with yesterdays storms!! I am from Iowa.. they had 18 tornados touch down. Very sad, and scary.

@HappyDonkey75 -- welcome to the group!! Love to have you here, to share, ask for encouragement, vent, whatever.
    I don't have a lot of time to respond.. but I did want to respond to you saying you were not enjoying your food. To me, the key is to enjoy this process. It is not a marathon... it is a journey. And it has to be a lifestyle change. A good friend and I were trying to diet together. I eat whatever I want.. just try to limit calories. Her plan was 3x a week fish, 3x a week chicken.. very rigid. She lasted only 2 weeks.. and has given up. TO me, jsut try and eat healthy foods.. but foods you enjoy! But... we are happy to have you join us!

@Bex -- congrats on the new car!! Thats always so much fun to get something new.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/22/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 5/19)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/16)✔️
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/23✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.✔️
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/29)✔️Didn't eat today
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/1)✔️Didn't eat today
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/21)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/21)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) Turkey patties ok today.✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 5/23/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 5/19)
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/22)
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/23
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/22). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/29)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/1)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/21)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/21)
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) No turkey patties ok today.
    17) Can eat lunch early due to meeting.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wed May 22
    1.5L of water - 😕
    Log all food - 🙂
    Move 20 minutes - 😕
    Weigh for 5# challenge - 196.4

JFT - Thurs May 24
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Move 20 minutes
    Weigh for 5# challenge
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB -- THis is the quilt I am working on for my grandson!! Lots of pieces, but its actually going together pretty good. This is not my quilt.. just the pattern. I'll post mine when I'm finished. I'm making it using grays.
    zznm90fb0soi.jpg[/spoiler}

Wow I love it!!! That's some serious talent!!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday 22nd

Eat sensibly ✅ apart from a tiny piece of cake!
    Do stretches ✅
    PF exercises ✅

JFT Thursday 23rd

Eat sensibly
    Do stretches
    PF exercises
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    JFT Wed
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - Limit 2 light beers :( Had 3, so not bad
    - Salad for dinner :smiley:
    - Stay green :(
    - Home by 10:00 :(
    - Bed by 11:00 :(

Hubby and I saw a house we really like it's about 50k over what we wanted to spend, but other than some paint it looks really nice and has 2 acres of land. It is a lot more upkeep than our current house. I would actually like a slightly smaller house, but none of the smaller houses have the storage we need for all of our crap. We were fixing up our house to either love it or list it. I really like the rooms we redid, but we lack storage in a major way. This house is less than a mile from our place.
    s1oowj72phri.jpg
    s3nj8mgled40.jpg

I'm cautiously excited to see it in person.

JFT Thursday
    - Morning meetings were canceled well replaced with a town hall :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Home for lunch
    - More meetings
    - Home by 4:30
    - NAP - still really tired
    - Dinner
    - Bed
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/23/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 5/19)
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/22)
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/23
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/22). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/29)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/1)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/21)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/21)
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) No turkey patties ok today.
    17) Can eat lunch early due to meeting.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• mytime6630
    Options
    s1oowj72phri.jpg
    s3nj8mgled40.jpg

OMG -- I love this house!! Love the big porch!!!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    JFT 5/23
    Drink as much water as possible.
    Limit carbs a bit more
    Increase protein
    No baked goods
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my cocoa, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thurs May 24
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all food - 👿
    Move 20 minutes - 🙂
    Weigh for 5# challenge - 197.0

JFT - Fri May 25
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Move 20 minutes
    Weigh for 5# challenge
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Wow @pridesabtch that is a lovely looking house. I'm not surprised you're keen to view it. Though it would be cheaper to just get rid of your crap :D ( said tongue in cheek, no offence intended!)

JFT Thursday 23rd

Eat sensibly ❌ meals were really good, but snacked too much
    Do stretches ✅
    PF exercises ✅

JFT FRiday 24th

Eat sensibly
    Do stretches
    PF stretches
  • pridesabtch
    edited May 24
    Options
    Wow @pridesabtch that is a lovely looking house. I'm not surprised you're keen to view it. Though it would be cheaper to just get rid of your crap :D ( said tongue in cheek, no offence intended!)

LOL. Most of the problem is closet space. Hubby and I share a small closet. I have clothes ranging from size 2 - 14 that I cycle through every few years. Just can't bare (or is it bear) to get rid of the smaller sizes just yet...
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    JFT 5/24
    Drink as much water/tea as possible.
    Limit carbs
    Increase protein
    No baked goods (failed this yesterday but still managed to go down on scale, which is a dangerous thing for me. I will try to justify its ok to eat things.. No more cookies in the house to try to keep that from continuing to happen)
  • pridesabtch
    edited May 24
    Options

JFT Thursday
    - Morning meetings were canceled well replaced with a town hall :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Home for lunch :smiley:
    - More meetings :smiley:
    - Home by 4:30 :smiley:
    - NAP - still really tired :(
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - Bed :smiley:

Yesterday was okay. Went to my SIL's place to make sure we could watch graduation on the TV at her place. My mother-in-law is not well enough to go to watch my niece graduate in person, but it is being live streamed. The in-laws don't have a smart TV, so we are going to go to my SIL's and pull it up on her TV so she can watch. It will take about 3 hours and be incredibly boring, but it's what you do for those you love.

Before going to SIL, I've got work and then swing by mom's to sort bills. Nothing more really planned.

JFT Friday
    - Work by 8:00 :( closer to 8:30
    - Meetings
    - Research FS-18
    - Work half day here half day at home
    - Go to Moms
    - Shower
    - Graduation stuff
    - Home
    - Bed