Anxiety and depression

Options
2»

Replies

• CTtugboating
    CTtugboating Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anxiety, depression, body image issues, addiction... I got it all haha. BUT I've always found that having a plan is best. Failing to plan is planning to fail. So many people just go go go go and get overwhelmed. The key is to always be mindful of your feelings and your triggers and never ever feel like you're alone. It's easier said than done, but if you put the work in anything is possible. A lot of my anxiety and depression comes from my self esteem issues which is of course directly related to my weight. It's taken me a long time to get to where I am and I will forever be a work in progress. You got this!
  • fishbonz3497
    fishbonz3497 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have to fought this for years. found a good full spectrum cbd helps me tremendously.good luck
  • TeddyMaddox
    TeddyMaddox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dealing with mental health stuff can feel super isolating, but knowing there's a space to share and connect makes a world of difference.

• jess2023mac
    jess2023mac Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 10
    Options
    "The best thing is to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Doing something is better than nothing even if it's not the timetable I envisioned or the "best" plan."

I love this. So many of us(or at least me :() feel it's gotta be all or nothing. All that 'beautiful people' media rage can really get to a person, or just the media rage itself, how there's a right way and a wrong way to just be in this world. We all need to learn what's right, normal, beautiful, for US. We ARE enough. If people could get past the exterior of others and really get to know the interior light that shines in each and every one of us.
    I'm speaking from my own life perspective and from the things I know that has caused me depression/anxiety through my 70 years of life.

I have been on medication for depression and anxiety since my peri-menapause days. I still need to take back my control of the mind a lot of the time. Changing our negative self-image can be very challenging.

For me, part of the answer lies in being with people that make me feel good. And being in nature, can't say enough good about the effects of that. Being with my dogs.

Good luck and best wishes; being depressed and living with anxiety is such a challenging life. But it can be managed by finding the things that work for you.