Lose 5 pounds by Halloween Challenge

Options
I have been stuck at the same weight for a little over a month now. I am ready to shake things up and lose 5 pounds by Halloween -- which gives me a little over a month to do it. Anyone with me?? Let's weigh in here, track our progress, share our success etc. I am going to weigh in Friday mornings starting tomorrow morning. So, who's with me??

Please share your starting weight, what you are currently doing and what you plan to do differently (or continue doing) to lose those 5 pounds. If you would like to personally challenge yourself to lose more, go for it. We can do this!!!

SW - 150 lbs (will confirm this tomorrow morning)
GW as of 10/31/11 - 145 lbs

I did paleo for 2 weeks and loved it. I am having a hard time getting back on so for the next month I am going to push paleo as much as I can. I workout quite a bit already and do varied workouts so I think I'm okay in that area, I'm just going to get back on track with my eating plan and hopefully that will help.

Replies

• Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I'll do it..that's actually my goal at the moment...haha!:flowerforyou:
  • lionsaults
    Options
    I'm in (:

SW: 147
    GW as of 10/31/11: 142
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'll do it!
    I am just starting back after not really working at it in the past few months.

SW - 211 (I'll confirm that tomorrow too)
    GW - 206 (for 10/31)

I have been getting to the gym on the weekends and statying at or very close to my calorie goal. Just hit 15 days of logging in on MFP. I want to keep doing this, BUT DOUBLE my time AT the gym, and get SOME kind of work out done (whether it's 30shred, yoga, or something) every single day. I walk at break and am trying NOT to count that in the daily work out, meaning my goal is to do something else outside of work also. (hope that makes sense - i am rambling a little)

Since i have not weighed in all week, i'll just do it tomorrow AM, then i can be on par with the friday weigh ins too!

Suzi
  • JenGilronan
    JenGilronan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Actually, my friends and I (8 of us) are doing this challenge!! Our challenge includes $5 entry fee and winner gets the pot! Our winner has to lose at least the 5 lbs and who ever loses the most over that, wins! If no knows loses the 5 lbs, we will do another challenge for November and the pot money will grow. :smile:
    I will confirm my Oct 1 weigh-in on Sat!
  • jessashcher
    Options
    I'll do it,
    SW: 165.8
    I have just recently been getting a little more motivated but this challenge will sure help me push a little harder.
    GW: 130
    Ht. 5' 7
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    I am currently a part of a few challenges so I don't think I have time to join another one but I am bumping this in case I end up with more time as I like doing challenges with my fit pal from the original Team Villain!
  • divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm very excited! I love the support and the accountability we can all give each other. Happy to know that this is going to give many of us the motivation that we need right now.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :)

SW - 326 lbs (will double check tomorrow :) )
    GW as of 10/31/11 - 320

going to start the c25k :D
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ok. I will give it a go. I'll weigh in tomorrow. Good luck everybody!
  • jedinight32
    Options
    I'm in. I actually would like to lose a little bit for my vacation to Disneyworld for Halloween in a few weeks. I am starting out at 114 and I do not believe that I lost much weight but instead gained some muscle from the workouts I have been doing. I really want to look good in my costume for when I attend the Halloween party in the Magic Kingdom.

SW (will double check tomorrow) 114

Goal - 109 by 10/31/11
  • Gomez219
    Gomez219 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I need a boost anyway so this could be it.
  • catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I"m in

SW 134
    GW by 10/31 129

starting 30ds on Saturday!
  • Jiv7
    Jiv7 Posts: 36
    Options
    Im in!

Anyone feel free to add me! I need all the support I can get!

SW: 270
    GW by 10/31 265 (atleast!)
  • imaprncs
    imaprncs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Totally in
    SW: 126
    GW as of 10/31/11: 120
    height - 5'2
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!

I'm 140 now.
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go. I'm going to add everyone to my friends if you don't mind. A little encouragement goes a long way.

SW: 138
    GW: 133 (hopefully) :happy:

Good luck everyone

Oh yeah. I'm going to start back doing P90X. I missed doing it this month.
  • SheCantWeight
    SheCantWeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in, I have no problem exercising but I have problems staying under my calories. I like to push myself to lose two pounds a week so I'm going to try for 8 pounds.

SW (as of this morning) 182
    GW (as of 10/31/11) 174
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ive never been in a challenge :D So I am in.

Start: 215.8
    Goal by Halloween: 210.8

Woo hoo! I need all the motivation and accountability I can get guys. High fives!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Count me in.
    I am going to walk at least 70 minutes a daily (broken up into two walks)
    Then weight training every other day for at least 20 minutes
    I am going for at least 8 lbs

SW 169 will confirm tomorrow
    GW 161
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm in..I am at 216 right now.