Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Dark mode - especially for community boards

2»

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,703 Member
    I just use the general dark mode on my phone and the app switches to dark mode then, except the Community... but I always navigate the community in my browser, which does work in dark mode.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    I wish this site and others would have something between the white and dark modes ... a grey mode.

Meanwhile I have to settle for having my phone on night mode late in the day (like now)
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,297 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I just use the general dark mode on my phone and the app switches to dark mode then, except the Community... but I always navigate the community in my browser, which does work in dark mode.

Thanks @Lietchi - wish they would incorporate community boards into the dark mode on app.

Odd to have half app integrated into a dark mode setting and then community boards completely separated?

For the team in charge of user experience.. it’s jarring. It’s been requested on boards since at least 2020 and no system integration or user interface update for this setting to be holistic throughout the app. Seems the message is - if you don’t like it, leave it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Interesting business model.

🤔
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 810 MFP Staff
    edited July 1
    For the iOS app, you can change your Dark Mode settings by going to Menu ... >> Settings >> App Appearance. Hope this helps!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    edited July 1
    Jean wrote: »
    For the iOS app, you can change your Dark Mode settings by going to Menu ... >> Settings >> App Appearance. Hope this helps!

Depending on where they’re asking for it to apply… That only works for the app/logging, not community. Only the community borders are dark. The center content part of the screen is still light.

• SafariGalNYC
    edited July 1
    Jean wrote: »

Hi @jean thank you!

I do have my iOS in dark mode with the MFP app in dark mode, this makes the log food and personal area dark. It doesn’t change the community board. It doesn’t seem integrated.

Can the community board be changed into dark mode? Anyone working on it?

Separate parts of IOS app- community boards not going into dark mode:
    z24umbbshz1d.png
    t5cau6pye4tb.png
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited June 23
    Bumping dark mode for community board. There are now 4 threads active or in review.

Thank you!
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited July 1
    Bumping this additional dark mode thread.
    Last ditch effort.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    edited June 27
    It is so weird how the community section only seems to be embedded into the app and not really part of it. Dark mode doesn't affect it, just all around it.