What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Options

Replies

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited May 26
    Options
    @WeimingLi2979 Congratulations on your weight loss and improved health. I understand what you mean about that chip on your shoulder being more motivating than praise from others. I also find myself thinking that I've "made it" (and can relax a bit) when I get lots of positive comments. Which can lead to me slacking off on my own goals, merely based on other people's perception of me. Not helpful :D

If we recognize this kind of thinking in ourselves, I think it is important to look for ways that we can be our own motivation, rather than looking primarily for other people's responses to what we are doing. Because any kind of external motivation will come and go, so if we depend on that (even the chip on the shoulder) then we are ultimately always at other people's mercy.

Your breakup is still fairly fresh at this point, but someday her thoughts of you will no longer matter to you, and then what is going to motivate you? Our health and well-being are too important to be tied to other people in this fashion.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I’ve had a really long period of stable weight, or just bouncing around the same few kgs. Then earlier this year the stability ended and I’m back up again. Two weeks ago I recommitted to my healthier habits, so my first mini goal is 95kgs. My weekly goal is also two gym sessions and to run home from work twice
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I’ve had a really long period of stable weight, or just bouncing around the same few kgs. Then earlier this year the stability ended and I’m back up again. Two weeks ago I recommitted to my healthier habits, so my first mini goal is 95kgs. My weekly goal is also two gym sessions and to run home from work twice

Actually the scale at the gym says I’m 95.6 this morning. So goal one isn’t so far 😊
  • mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Staying within my macros has resulted in weight loss for three weeks in a row. I also look good in my clothes again.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    My mini goal right now is to start dropping weight again. I have been able to lower my medication dosages for my diabetes and my heart condition, but playing with the meds also plays with my progress. I have actually put 5 pounds back on in the last few weeks.
  • taeyeon1962
    taeyeon1962 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Putting a halt to my expanding gut. My PC chair is groaning under the strain and begging me to lose weight.
  • Shandreen
    Shandreen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    To get back into shape and lose the extra weight I put on. Kinda hard when the sweet tooth attacks
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited June 4
    Options
    My mini goal is to get myself back on track -- I've been losing weight every month, but these past three months have been markedly slower than the six before that. And I can't afford to slow down!

A sub mini goal [...] is get 8 hours of actual sleep every night, consistently.
    Well, that did not work out as planned. I lost exactly 0lbs 0oz in April 🤦🏻‍♀️ I did establish a new bedtime routine that actually worked quite well, but wasn't able to follow through for more than a few days due to factors out of my control. Having cleared those out of the way (I think), I'm nevertheless still exactly where I was in early April, so my goal remains the same: to address my sleep deficit, and start losing weight again. I'd like to lose 7 lbs this month.
    I slept an additional 7 minutes a night in May, compared to April... not super impressive but at least I'm moving in the right direction. (Still only 7 hours per night, though... I guess at this rate it'll only take me another 9 months to reach 8 hours a night :# )

And I lost 5 lbs, which falls short of the 7 lbs I was aiming for, but I'm actually happy with the loss. My mini goals for June are to further increase the amount of sleep I get, and (again) to lose 7 lbs.
  • phllps2931
    phllps2931 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me. I try to count proteins, carbs, and calories as I prepare my meal. My carbs are way high.😬 my goal for this week is to meal prep everything I can for the week, so I can watch those darn carbs.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    phllps2931 wrote: »
    Day 2 for me. I try to count proteins, carbs, and calories as I prepare my meal. My carbs are way high.😬 my goal for this week is to meal prep everything I can for the week, so I can watch those darn carbs.

What's wrong with carbs?
  • Moijo02022
    Moijo02022 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to get down a clothing size before the middle of June so I fit back in my smaller size clothes I bought for this summer holidays, I’m half way there 😝
  • Dittmermo
    Dittmermo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Out running my kids :smiley:
  • Lunasash
    Lunasash Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    next goal: Below 230 lbs and then buying a pillow/cushion for my bath tub so I can do relaxing soaks after weights/running.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!