Bring IT! Part III: Team No Excuses in March

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Today is my third day...did Plyo last night and I almost puked:tongue: Today is Shoulders+Arms+Abs. How in the world am I gonna do shoulders??? They still hurt from all those push-ups:happy: I love it. The only thing is, since I started P90X, I constantly feel hungry. I know my body will need a bit more fuel for energy, but man- I could eat an elephant:laugh:

:laugh: Gotta love P90X! I love Shoulders & Arms, have fun! I'm doing Back & Biceps tonight! :wink:
    Just make sure you're eating enough, and get in the protein!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well! I'm going to make this a thread but just wondering if you guys know any great running shoes in the $100 range? TIA!

I recommend getting your feet checked at a local running store and seeing what type they recommend. You don't have to buy them there, but try to see if you need a motion controlled or stability shoe, etc. I personally wear Asics GT-2140's because they work great for my feet and toes (I'm a long distance runner). But each person's foot is different. I like to order online at runningwarehouse.com or kellysrunningwarehouse.com for cheaper running shoes. HTH!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    5.3 mile early run for me today. Back & biceps w/ my hubby tonight! Bring it!!
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Well, as I expected, upper body IS SORE! No doubt. A good sore though.

Strawberry, gotta love P90X. Plyo is the hardest, and I've heard stories of people being sore for a long time. When I first started, I was constantly hungry too! Are you taking protein shakes? I think that you could take one of those or your recovery drink within an hour after your workout. You could probably even snack on some chicken breast or other lean protein. I haven't personally tried the P90X protein bars but I heard they were good. I like Pure Protein bars as well, and I read that you can buy them in bulk at Sam's Club.

Way to go! :drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hiya all! Good Morning

Its a beautiful day here almost 50degress Im thinking to change my workout to a 2hr walk today..I usually do 2hrs cardio and strength training and then a 1hr walk in the evening ..but I hate to miss out on such a nice day being cooped inside. We shall see lol Im sure I will come up with something perhaps do my Cardio Max level 2 and Jillian 30min Kickbox then walk 2hrs..mixing it up a bit is always good .I hate that I didnt get up earlier and get my workouts in for today but I was pooped..I am planning to take the p90x test again this week and I hope I pass enough to start it. My quesion is I am under the assumption p90x is a complete workout routine ..but for me I really dont want to work out less than 2hrs so do you guys think it would be ok to include my walks along with p90x?...My breakfast was my normal heavy hehe Lentils,7 triscuits and hummus along with 8oz choc soy milk...for lunch im planning either spinach salad or yogurt .....Everyone is so inspiring and whats more of a bonus is not seeing many fall off the band wagon or finding reasons to cheat themself out of living healthy daily & bringing it physically...I was reading another post where someone said something to the effect of "what is a cheat day..a day where you cheat your body out of proper nutrition and fill it with junk" I had never looked at it like this before it was a total eye opener. I mean we all have days where we want snacks or a treat but does it really have to be a whole day...*something to ponder on* What im finding is portions is the big thing through all of this ..reading labels and sticking with proper portions..eating 5 cookies instead of a whole sleeve....eating 1 cup of cereal instead of 2 .....I can tell you groceries are a LOT cheaper and last longer since i have been measuring and sorting my portions. Well I just want to thank everyone for staying focused and Bringing It daily!! Has anyone thought of how they will stay on track with Easter coming? this is our last holiday then we get a big chunk of time before the next so Im kinda excited to see how well I can do during it. Im going to remain low carb during easter and stick to only 3oz of meat....I will not have any deserts other than sugar free jello .....it will be a good challenge considering my family will make 3 diff kinds of meats,pasta rice and about 8 deserts LOL...ok off I go to decide my plan of attack for today.....
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi Mya! Don't feel like you are being left behind the P90X train! You most definitely could add your hour long walks after you did P90X...but you might not want to. If you aren't used to lifting weights or a lot of strength training you'll probably be POOPED after one workout. However, sometimes I do cardio after my weights just because it seems to alleviate the soreness. You are an intense lady though so you might be able to handle it! Oh heck, you FOR SURE can handle it. :wink:

Let us know how your fit test goes!
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry I've been MIA, after recovering from being sick I got really, really busy with catch-up stuff for work; just totally swamped.

I have still been working out mostly every day. My friend and I finished Jillian Michaels' Making the Cut workout book and now we've started a new book. It's called Ultra Fit: Challenging Workouts for Ultimate Results (or something like that)... have any of you heard of it or tried it? I really like it; it is even more challenging than Jillian's (we started on Stage 2).

We've decided to mix things up and do Jillian's workouts some days, the new book's workout some days, cardio some days, and we've started attending more classes at the gym. We did a Pilates Reformer class and a Muscle Hour over lunch -- the Muscle Hour is super hard!!!!

And I'm fitting in more running on my own, in addition to the circuit training with my friend. On Sunday my dog and I went for a 5 mile run which was nice. :)

I haven't been eating as well as I wanted. For awhile I was doing so good at completely avoiding sugar and alcohol. Then I got busy/ lazy and didn't have time to buy/ prepare healthy foods so I started eating cheerios, which aren't *that* bad but aren't great either, and beer and sharing fries for St. Patty's Day etc. Ughghgh. I do not look or feel my best so today I've gone back to sticking to the 1400 calories even when I work out (thanks M for the idea, it works great for me) and avoiding white sugar, white flour and alcohol. I already feel better nutrition wise and I've kept up with working out so I'm happy.

Glad to see everyone is still bringing it and I hope to become more active in this thread again.
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    Woo-Hoo! So glad I found you guys! Yesterday was my first day, I did chest and back...could barely get dressed this morning:happy: Now I am waiting for my husband and we are doing the Plyometrics...hope I can get through it:ohwell: I have a question. My husband purchased P90X from some guy, and I'm thinking we are missing some things...how do you guys figure out calories burned? I am not really worried about it- but it would be nice to know. Thanks!

Hi StrawberryShortcake (I get it, the hair!!) and welcome. I must say you have an amazing body!!! Very inspirational, thanks for joining us and sharing.
  • nerveracker
    Options
    Good day everyone! Well, I'm crossing into un-charted territory (well, at least going this way with it) crossed 230 this morning. heading downward still. did core synergetics yesterday, man what a GREAT workout!!!! kicked my @ss!!! first time doing Core.. but lovin it!!! Ready for round 2 of core later this week!!! Yoga completed on Monday! Was actually a tad more enjoyable. I suppose it's growing on me a little. (ready to get back to resistance training next monday!)
    will be measuring and posting pics again on Sunday over on the P90X boards.
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Yesterday was a super busy day. I worked out throughout the day though, but didn't have time to post. I realized today how much I love working out and staying fit. I feel stronger and leaner, and I love it! I've even received compliments from my hubby so that means he can tell a difference too.:blushing:
    I plan to work out harder today, so that should be fun. :bigsmile: I want to up the rounds with the elliptical machine.

Great job everyone staying on track =]
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    pretty tired after a long day, but i am still going to make myself get outside for at least a short run - hopefully i can streeetch it out once i get out there!
    this morning i had school (so i biked at least 30 minutes there and back) and then after i swam laps for 30 minutes with a friend.
    a quick note on "cheat days" - i splurged two nights ago (my bf and i ate pizza and chips and i even had some coconut/chocolate treats for dessert!!) and guess what? i'm still regretting it! my belly is all out of whack and complaining and i am totally craving sugar again! it sucks.
    i am so much happier eating good food, prepared in my kitchen, that will make my body (and mind) happy. :smile:
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    pretty tired after a long day, but i am still going to make myself get outside for at least a short run - hopefully i can streeetch it out once i get out there!
    this morning i had school (so i biked at least 30 minutes there and back) and then after i swam laps for 30 minutes with a friend.
    a quick note on "cheat days" - i splurged two nights ago (my bf and i ate pizza and chips and i even had some coconut/chocolate treats for dessert!!) and guess what? i'm still regretting it! my belly is all out of whack and complaining and i am totally craving sugar again! it sucks.
    i am so much happier eating good food, prepared in my kitchen, that will make my body (and mind) happy. :smile:

I agree -- I would much rather eat healthy food at home (or bring it prepared to work or wherever else I'm going to be at). I feel much better and have better results that way. But what stinks is when my friends or boyfriend want to go out or have a party etc. and there is really no alternative and I'm hungry, and yes those margaritas and chips do look enticing at the time LOL. Then later I regret it... I mean, I don't kill myself over it because I know that for the most part I eat well, but I just wish there had been a way around it.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    wahoooo!!!!!!
    I'm back from my spring break fling! I feel really good about keeping close to my eating plan. My only splurges were the ones I expected & planned for. :wink:
    I took almonds, fresh veggies & string cheese & we only ate out 1 or 2 meals each day. There was a lot of cheesy sight seeing/walking. :happy:
    I took water so I was never without, & we came back early today so I can go hit the gym! :bigsmile:
    That's certainly never ever been a priority before for me!
    Thanks for being so encouraging & motivating for someone as old & out of it as me!
    :heart:
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Woo-Hoo! So glad I found you guys! Yesterday was my first day, I did chest and back...could barely get dressed this morning:happy: Now I am waiting for my husband and we are doing the Plyometrics...hope I can get through it:ohwell: I have a question. My husband purchased P90X from some guy, and I'm thinking we are missing some things...how do you guys figure out calories burned? I am not really worried about it- but it would be nice to know. Thanks!

Hi StrawberryShortcake (I get it, the hair!!) and welcome. I must say you have an amazing body!!! Very inspirational, thanks for joining us and sharing.

Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Hi all whew! I changed up my workouts a bit today I mapped a route with my car ...so I did 40minutes Cardio Max level 2 and a 4mile walk which took me 2hrs probably could have been faster had I left the puppies at home LOL....and I jogged some of it!! woot woot well in all truth I had to it was raining hahaha. Im planning to walk 2 miles tomorrow morning as well..and get in some dvd's not sure which ones yet but Cardio Max is a definate....dinner i had spinach salad and yogurt..lunch i had brussel sprouts and 2 slices of turkey meat.:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Gooooood Morning!!
    Another beautiful day here so I think I will take another 2hr walk this evening. So Im going to do my 40min Cardio Max level 2 as well...Breakfast was 1/2 cup soy milk chocolate,1/2 cup bluberries with lite coolwhip..7 triscuits and hummus....GRRRRR my hummus is GONE!...hehe well my spinach too so I will have to head out to the grocery store to grab some more and some FAGE and more yogurt. I hope everyone has a Bring It day!! Spring is on its way!!!:flowerforyou:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I started today out with some cantaloupe freshly cut up and peanut butter on whole wheat toast. I had to go do some observations at a middle school for one of my classes (I'm getting my teaching degree) and have not worked out yet. For today, my workout will have to be tonight. I'm loading up on the cardio since I had to miss yesterday. I'll do some legs too. I'll be stuck with the apt "gym" today. :grumble: I'm saving abs for tomorrow when I have more time and a better workout place to kill my abs. :bigsmile:

I have not fully decided on my lunch today but I am leaning toward seaweed and brown rice. Then for dinner I am making a wild mushroom and scallop risotto. Hm.. I might not want that rice for lunch with the risotto for dinner. Like I said, not sure yet!

I hope everyone has a great day! I will probably be back on later, for now I have to study hard core for a physics test :sad:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Hello all!

I started today out with some cantaloupe freshly cut up and peanut butter on whole wheat toast. I had to go do some observations at a middle school for one of my classes (I'm getting my teaching degree) and have not worked out yet. For today, my workout will have to be tonight. I'm loading up on the cardio since I had to miss yesterday. I'll do some legs too. I'll be stuck with the apt "gym" today. :grumble: I'm saving abs for tomorrow when I have more time and a better workout place to kill my abs. :bigsmile:

I have not fully decided on my lunch today but I am leaning toward seaweed and brown rice. Then for dinner I am making a wild mushroom and scallop risotto. Hm.. I might not want that rice for lunch with the risotto for dinner. Like I said, not sure yet!

I hope everyone has a great day! I will probably be back on later, for now I have to study hard core for a physics test :sad:
    what does seaweed taste like and where can I get it lol?
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Whew did my 40minutes and tonight I will go for a walk for 2hrs... Im having 1cup of lentils for lunch and 2 cups of spinach 1/4 cup raisins and dressing fat free...Bring it everyone
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    It is so pretty here! It was supposed to be partly cloudy, but there's not really a cloud in the sky today. I think I might take the dogs on a walk. :bigsmile:
    I did really well on my exercise yesterday as well. I had mid terms too, so I didn't have a chance to post.
    Not sure what I'm going to have for lunch yet. We REALLY need to go grocery shopping tomorrow. It's so much fun going with the hubs. I will have to whip up something yummy though. I just made a soy milk smoothie and it is soo good.

Anyways, I'm off for a long walk. :flowerforyou: