Lots to lose!

Options
Hi! I'm new here with a lot of weight to lose. I need to lose 200 lbs :/ . I'm 54, a type 2 diabetic and could really use some friends who also have a lot to lose! A nurse told me about this site in hopes it would help me to stay motivated to lose weight. Is there anyone out there who would like to be friends?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,863 Member
    Options
    There is a group here you might like, one specifically for people who have (or had) 75 or more pounds to lose. I'm not a member (started loss slightly too low to qualify), but know many of the members from their posts here in the broader community, and it seems like a good bunch. Maybe you might take a look and see if it looks like it would suit you? You can read the posts without joining, but would need to join in order to post there.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

A group like that can be a good way to virtually-meet people and get support and encouragement.

Best wishes!
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

It's worth tackling all this... you might check out the June challenges getting started too - info in the Challenges area.
  • firecrackergirls1621
    firecrackergirls1621 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here with a lot of weight to lose. I need to lose 200 lbs :/ . I'm 54, a type 2 diabetic and could really use some friends who also have a lot to lose! A nurse told me about this site in hopes it would help me to stay motivated to lose weight. Is there anyone out there who would like to be friends?

Absolutely I have 200+ pounds I am working on losing. I'm still new to all of this and don't really know how to add people yet but I will definitely help you in your journey. We are all in this together and we are all in need of support in some way. I hope you have a wonderful night from mississippi.
  • UzmaShaikh9176
    UzmaShaikh9176 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi! i also have a lot to lose, i need to lose 70 pounds. i would love to be friends with you!