Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,890 Member
    jjrmlib4b4ts.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,670 Member
    jjrmlib4b4ts.gif

Well done! Skipping is sooooo not my forte!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,782 Member
    I remember as a kid entering a school competition for who could skip rope the longest without stopping. Came in third, IIRC, and it was approaching an hour straight.

These days, if I tried for more than about ten seconds I'd be gasping for air, lol.
  • nossmf
    Week 9 of my bench press triplet protocol, where I started doing 10 triples at 60% of 1RM and every week add 5lb. Any week I fail to complete all 10 triples, the following week will have fewer triples to perform. Repeat until I am down to a single triple, then recalculate 1RM and see if it's changed.

Today was at 235, or 80% of 1RM. Ten sets up, ten triples down. As I had hoped, by increasing my caloric intake the last few days up to goal amounts, this morning felt far easier than last week, despite being heavier. As a scientist, I have to admit the possibility that last week was merely an "off" week and the calorie consumption was not a primary influence, but that does not support my position so I choose to move forward with my supposition that food provides energy, lol.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,475 Member
    Just as an fyi... with the newsfeed gone, my desire to come to MFP has waned a lot. I used to check in with my friends and then check in with the community and this thread. I don't feel like I connect as well in the community as I did with the people on my FL, and half the time my social anxiety makes me feel like my posts aren't received in the heart with which I post them.

I just find that it's so easy to get lost in the community/forums.

So... I am one of those exiles who DID sign up with Lose It. (There's a bunch of MFPeeps there already), and am working on building a community of friends there again. I even PAID for a premium membership (which I never did here). LOL

This one GIF thread has been a mini community for me, and I have truly cherished the conversations and interactions that have come out of it... but often I feel like maybe I'm overdoing my gifs and seeming like a showoff or something. Or maybe they're just not interesting (same old same old). (again - social anxiety for the "win").

It's why I've not shared as many gifs lately. I do share them on IG and TikTok, so they're there if anyone wants to see them (same username as here)

Anyhoo... I don't know that I can leave MFP entirely, but I may become less and less active.

Lots of love to you guys. I know some of you weren't my "friends" on the app, but I still consider you friends in my heart!

Just as a fyi...this has been one of my favourite threads too! I am one of probably many lazy lurkers who looked forward to your posts and gifs and found them inspirational. You've NEVER come across as showy. I dont do IG/Tiktok/etc so wont be following anybody over there but good luck in whatever you do going forwards.
  • Tallawah_
    Not a lift, but here's something different!

jowz16omof7m.gif

Absssolutely Fabulous! 🤩
  • KickassAmazon76
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    Just as an fyi... with the newsfeed gone, my desire to come to MFP has waned a lot. I used to check in with my friends and then check in with the community and this thread. I don't feel like I connect as well in the community as I did with the people on my FL, and half the time my social anxiety makes me feel like my posts aren't received in the heart with which I post them.

I just find that it's so easy to get lost in the community/forums.

So... I am one of those exiles who DID sign up with Lose It. (There's a bunch of MFPeeps there already), and am working on building a community of friends there again. I even PAID for a premium membership (which I never did here). LOL

This one GIF thread has been a mini community for me, and I have truly cherished the conversations and interactions that have come out of it... but often I feel like maybe I'm overdoing my gifs and seeming like a showoff or something. Or maybe they're just not interesting (same old same old). (again - social anxiety for the "win").

It's why I've not shared as many gifs lately. I do share them on IG and TikTok, so they're there if anyone wants to see them (same username as here)

Anyhoo... I don't know that I can leave MFP entirely, but I may become less and less active.

Lots of love to you guys. I know some of you weren't my "friends" on the app, but I still consider you friends in my heart!

Just as a fyi...this has been one of my favourite threads too! I am one of probably many lazy lurkers who looked forward to your posts and gifs and found them inspirational. You've NEVER come across as showy. I dont do IG/Tiktok/etc so wont be following anybody over there but good luck in whatever you do going forwards.

I do find it hard to quit this place, though I get sad when I log in and see no feed. I do find the feed at Lose It nice and active and the food diary is pretty good too, so maybe I'll just keep coming back here for this feed! HAHA. I do have quite a few favourite peeps here.
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited June 19
    I have been finding it hard to get consistent workouts in with Baseball (Slo-Pitch) happening 2 (or 3) nights a week. I'm still trying to average 2 heavy sessions a week though and for the most part, I'm winning.

My knee does act up on me ever since ball started, but so far it just gets puffy and not painful.

I also took a line drive to the wrist and worried I might have broken something, but it turned out to be an ugly bruise only.

My last lift session (Monday) was week 5 (so 3x6 @ 85%)... so I just did this GIF instead.
    I was happy with my deads - 6,6,7 @ 270lb. Bench seems to have lost some power, so I doubt I'll get a PR there (and I'm not surprised). Squat is about the same.

During ball season, I think I'll be content if I just maintain ground, and not lose.

a2g341ox5l5x.gif

9m4oayml3ls3.jpg

• Tallawah_
    I have been finding it hard to get consistent workouts in with Baseball (Slo-Pitch) happening 2 (or 3) nights a week. I'm still trying to average 2 heavy sessions a week though and for the most part, I'm winning.

My knee does act up on me ever since ball started, but so far it just gets puffy and not painful.

I also took a line drive to the wrist and worried I might have broken something, but it turned out to be an ugly bruise only.

My last lift session (Monday) was week 5 (so 3x6 @ 85%)... so I just did this GIF instead.
    I was happy with my deads - 6,6,7 @ 270lb. Bench seems to have lost some power, so I doubt I'll get a PR there (and I'm not surprised). Squat is about the same.

During ball season, I think I'll be content if I just maintain ground, and not lose.

a2g341ox5l5x.gif

9m4oayml3ls3.jpg

This montage needs the Rocky theme tune playing in the background! :sweat_smile:
  • nossmf
    Week 10 of my bench press triplet protocol, where I started doing 10 triples at 60% of 1RM and every week add 5lb. Any week I fail to complete all 10 triples, the following week will have fewer triples to perform. Repeat until I am down to a single triple, then recalculate 1RM and see if it's changed.

Today was at 240, or 81.3% of 1RM. Ten sets up, ten triples down. The grind is getting real, and I foresee a day very soon where I will fail to get all ten sets. But that day was not today!!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Been a tough week. My son has been struggling and I've been up till almost 2:00 in the morning every night this week with him. My eldest is also been in the middle of a huge pain flare and is needed more help with food and such.

Still I managed to make it to the gym and did bench, deadlifts and leg press. (cut the rest of the sesh off, got home for 1030 and was up til 2 again).

All that said...
    It feels really REALLY GOOD to be able to do multiple sets and reps at 285 lb, when my one rep maximum was 275 for almost 3 years. It makes me feel almost giddy with excitement!

sjmezlzn5v0c.gif
  • BronzeScorpio1111
    BronzeScorpio1111 Posts: 132 Member
    @nossmf Sending prayers for a speedy recovery for your daughter! 🤗
  • KickassAmazon76
    Parental guilt is a real doozy. All you can do is remind yourself that you did the best you could with the knowledge and experience you had.

Good thing is that she had the surgery and is recovering. Sending lots of healing vibes her way
  • KickassAmazon76
    Not a lift... But still, a bit of a strength flex lol

w33p3237d17l.gif
  • nossmf
    Ok, NOT where I thought that was going, lol! Remind me, if I ever have dinner at your place, to be the one who brings the fruit salad for the group...

In other news, an update on my daughter: it's now been 3 days since her knee surgery, she's walking around with an almost normal stride, and she's completely off her prescription painkillers.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,266 Member

w33p3237d17l.gif
    nossmf wrote: »
    Ok, NOT where I thought that was going, lol! Remind me, if I ever have dinner at your place, to be the one who brings the fruit salad for the group...

In other news, an update on my daughter: it's now been 3 days since her knee surgery, she's walking around with an almost normal stride, and she's completely off her prescription painkillers.

😂 priceless
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 412 Member

w33p3237d17l.gif

Wow!! That's something I haven't seen before. Oh--and we have two cats (sisters/litter mates/whatever the cat parlance is) that look a lot like yours. Love it.
  • KickassAmazon76

w33p3237d17l.gif

Wow!! That's something I haven't seen before. Oh--and we have two cats (sisters/litter mates/whatever the cat parlance is) that look a lot like yours. Love it.

My kitties are littermates / sibling kitties too!
    hfs3634mg4wq.jpg
  • nossmf
    Five of our six cats share the same mother, who knows about the father since mama was allowed to roam outside. The five come from three separate litters, and no two look alike, sometimes to an extreme degree...one pure black, one pure white, one pure red, one a long-haired siamese, and the final one a short-haired gray.

Cat number six was found roadside by my daughter on the way to school and brought home when it was too young to even stand upright.