Healthy "Pig-Out"

Options
What do you pig-out on that is healthy? Like - those days when you're so hungry and just want VOLUME (lots of food). What do you eat?

Replies

• jmeeej
    jmeeej Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Frozen blueberries. Yummy

They're like mini popsicles
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Eating some now :)

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Baby Carrots. Celery and Almond Butter. Pistacios (They take forever to get the shell off!)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Fruit, rice cakes, marinara sauce with extra veggies :)
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Popcorn
  • jaimieht
    Options
    Big plate full of raw spinach mixed with a cup of chopped broccoli and a cup of chopped carrots, topped with a cup or so of "rainbow slaw" (shredded broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and carrots), sometimes with a serving of dried fruit mixed in (raisins or craisins, usually) and half a serving of lite salad dressing drizzled over it.

Sub in whatever raw veggies float your boat. :)
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of the term "everything in moderation"? That even applies with healthy stuff. In my opinion there is really no healthy way to pig out, too much of any one thing healthy or bad is not good. Believe me I have binged. My suggestion is to try and overcome it, chew some gum drink a cup of coffee, do something to keep you from thinking about it. I know it doesnt always work cause it doesnt always for me. Sometimes we just have to give in a little in order not to crash and burn hard!! Try a little bit of something and wait a few minutes and see how it goes!!! Goodluck!
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I ate a ton of sugar snap peas that last few days when I found myself foraging for a snack. Bell pepper strips and celery, too. Oh, and cucumber slices!
  • jaimieht
    Options
    Eating some now :)

going to have to try this! yum.
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Grilled boneless skinless chicken breast with whatever my dry seasoning rub of the day is, and either collard greens, turnip greens or spinach. If I'm hungry and have few calories left, my go to is raw spinach leaves, maybe with a good red wine vinegar, or sometimes just plain. I like greens, though.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    protein fluff
  • jmeeej
    jmeeej Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of the term "everything in moderation"? That even applies with healthy stuff. In my opinion there is really no healthy way to pig out, too much of any one thing healthy or bad is not good. Believe me I have binged. My suggestion is to try and overcome it, chew some gum drink a cup of coffee, do something to keep you from thinking about it. I know it doesnt always work cause it doesnt always for me. Sometimes we just have to give in a little in order not to crash and burn hard!! Try a little bit of something and wait a few minutes and see how it goes!!! Goodluck!

Relax....

.......this was supposed to be a fun post. Not an "OMG I CAN'T STOP BINGE EATING" shout out for help
  • Katebms
    Options
    Diet coke or coffee to avoid!!!!
  • jtbaddison
    jtbaddison Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It is totally ok to pig out on healthy food. 4 oz of chicken is a few hundred calories. Vegetables are nothing. Go to town. You can eat a TON of steamed broccoli and it will have only postiive affects.

What I wouldn't suggest is chewing gum with artificial sweetners to curb your appetite.
  • kajones2009
    kajones2009 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is good, because it's so "airy" you can get the healthier ones and pig out on an entire bag, it will have you feeling full!
  • jtbaddison
    jtbaddison Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    protein fluff
    OK...what is protein fluff?
  • elysecea
    Options
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt -- with lots of fun stuff stirred in
    Popcorn
    ArticZero Ice cream --- 150 calories for an entire pint - duh!
  • elysecea
    Options

Relax....
    I apologize I think what I wrote was taken the wrong way lol. I am just trying to help...not trying to sound uptight. sorry for the confusion! I was just trying to say that this is what I use, the everything in moderation or at least try to use. That is all..nothing that serious... sorry

.......this was supposed to be a fun post. Not an "OMG I CAN'T STOP BINGE EATING" shout out for help
    I apologize I think what I wrote was taken the wrong way lol. I am just trying to help...not trying to sound uptight. sorry for the confusion! I was just trying to say that this is what I use, the everything in moderation or at least try to use. That is all..nothing that serious... sorry
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    protein fluff
    OK...what is protein fluff?

these are basic recipes, but really there are a million ways to make it

http://www.leangains.com/2010/09/high-protein-recipes-and-jack3d-review.html

http://www.proteinfluff.com/pages/recipes/