Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 264

Options

Replies

• Chapter_3
    Chapter_3 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine, I'm sure @Chapter_3 will give you her thoughts on reducing cortisol. I suffer with high cortisol, to the point of adrenal fatigue maybe 4 -5 years ago. High cortisol makes you crave carbs whether you want them or not. Slow walking, deep breathing stretching exercises, not a time for anything high energy (HIIT) because your body is already in that mode from the cortisol. Fight or flight. Not good to consume a lot of caffeine at this time either. I have found that magnesium and Vitamin D3 is very helpful in reducing cortisol.

Excellent! Thank you!
    I just can’t give up my coffee in the morning… I rarely drink coffee after 9 AM But I do take extra magnesium daily, and forgot to mention that… it does help.

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,043 Member
    edited June 25
    Options
    @Chapter_3, I'm guilty of not giving up coffee, even at my highest levels of stress. Are you taking your magnesium just before bedtime? For me, Taking it 1 or 2hrs before bed helps relax me and I fall asleep quickly. I DO wake up several times, unfortunately, during the night, but have no trouble going back to sleep.