• DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    1) Calorie counting
    2) For the advice, from others who've been there and done that
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting and all the motivational friends I have made.
  • Leigh_Larson
    Options
    Mostly calorie counting. I feel that I am held accountable in some way. I love the recipe builder tool as well.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Keeping track of my calories and its kinda fun following some of you on here lol
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've done calorie counting before, but MFP lets me add the exercise calories for a more comprehensive calorie goal each day.
    The forums are what got me hooked though.
    Finally, some of my family members across the U.S. have joined and we support each other.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    All of the above! What has kept me here? The sense of community and understanding. I can't go on facebook and post about how excited I am about losing 2 lbs, or ask nutrition/exercise questions! I get snarky remarks, or none at all. I love everyone here!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm a chubby chaser.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting and the tons and tons of nutritional information the site offers. I finally know what I am doing after 40 years.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Well for me initially it was because MFP was the first calorie counter I found for Android that I actually liked. Now that's still the primary reason I use it but I also really appreciate the community here. It's great talking to like minded folks about all this stuff.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I tracked calories using pen & paper a long time ago. Pain in the butt. Then I used another website but it wasn't as user friendly and aggrivated me although their exercise sections was way better. If I log the calories I think I do better. It's nice to have support also.
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Food logging, making sure I eat in a balanced way, to track exercise which I find very motivating to be consistent and because I love the community of people on here.
  • ressa8
    Options
    all of the above!! I love being able to calculate my foods, love the support, and all of the message boards and posts.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find a really great avatar and thought this was as good a place as any to find one,

Really, if you have to ask, why are you here?
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    So...do you use it for:

1) The calorie counting.
    2) The support.
    3) The community in general
    4) Something else

Myself, it's 1. Ofc i love the forums, but PRIMARILY its for keeping my calories in check. How about you?

Initially it was a freebie app on my iPhone that I thought I'd try to keep track of what I was eating. As I started to use MFP more and more, I got more into using the site. Now it's the support and community as well as the food and exercise logging.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Well I don't log my food or exercise, I'm simply here for the great friends and sharing of knowledge.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I use it primarily to make my meal plans accurately according to my calorie limit and macro ratios. No more guessing for me, and I *hate* Fit Day and it's insanely wrong database.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting and tracking my food intake......

This is the first site I've been on that keeps tracks of my food intake...............