Strava app = 752c
    Other- 30min, bathe yogi= 100c

Total cal 723

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,965 Member
    B)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,565 Member
    Today’s gratitude: waking up after good, dreamless sleep.
    Low energy almost a pajama day. Tumble is limping, at first it looked like one of her front legs, then after cutting out some of the mats behind her front knees, she seemed to favor the right rear leg. After working on her I was going to take Shadow to the powerline meadow and leave Tumble at home, but she insisted on joining us and trotted just fine down and back up the drive. Later she started limping again so I gave her a quarter of an aspirin. We’ve just gone from sunny and highs in the 90s to heavy mist and highs in the mid-50’s, it’s possible she has a touch of arthritis.
    Lisa what Carol and Heather said about Tyler.
    Vicki praying your new hire works out and stays.
    Debbie rejoicing at your mom’s finally showing roommate the door. What Tracey sad about you’re being there a lot, I’d worry until she’s finally gone.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,416 Member
    Boy is home from Deutschland.

My middle son went with me to PDX to pick him up.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

That was quick! I thought he was going for a while.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,416 Member
    So I did a thing. All the friends I had on Facebook from here have been deleted. Just some political sides I just don't want to get into. So for the fairness of all you here, all were deleted. Just keeping the friendships I have with you all copacetic. No worries.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

You know you can put friends on FB to sleep for 30 days until whatever political thing has blown over.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited July 17
    Pleased with self.
    Before my first op I had written a few hundred words on my tablet, in a basic app, towards my next book, WHAT IF .... I AM. Because the app is so basic, I copy them and email them to myself. It has been nagging at me that they are just sitting there in my inbox, so this morning I finally got around to copying and pasting them into a Word document. :D
    For some reason, I don't feel comfortable with my laptop, so it's always an effort of will to open it. Today just felt right.
    So now I have a new Word document, which I have uploaded to Dropbox, so it won't get lost. I'm paranoid about losing stuff.

I also managed 15 mins on the rower and 15.5 mins on the bike. Plus all my usual physio and strength training.

Terri - So glad you had a good time with your old friend. Those relationships are so important. <3
    Yesterday John reconnected with an old, much younger colleague, that he used to get along well with at his last school. It was the reunion with his other colleague that inspired him to text her. I've met her a few times, but we haven't seen her for nearly nine years. They share the same sense of humour. He is not the best at keeping in touch, apart from a Christmas card, so I was delighted he had taken the initiative and phoned.

Tracey - What fun you have with Michaela! How lucky we are.
    Max is coming over to meet up with John at 11.30. They will probably have lunch around the corner at the café, and then go for a walk, and maybe Crazy Golf on the seafront. I will savour my peace and eat the rest of my delicious coleslaw for lunch, along with an egg I boiled this morning. A little crumbled feta.

Tonight we have cod loin, with a panko and pesto crust. Crushed butter beans in olive oil and garlic, and broccoli.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited July 17
    Max played us, from his phone, his compositions that he created at his two day music production workshop. Excellent. They reminded me of a nineties cheerful detective series, nothing too gory. Lots of complex twiddles. IRL he plays the piano to a good standard. This was creating.
    They will soon be off.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,201 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

Dad's hearing aids are fixed Yay! They replaced the rechargeable batteries inside.

Today I have to invite people to Dad's party. I hate phone calls. Actually I bet a lot of them won't answer. Hmmm. I can do this.

It's too hot here to go outside, and there's nothing on the calendar. Just little errands like schedule the vet and Dad's MRI.

So I will read a bit, and hope I can strike a good balance between reading and getting things done. I was up until midnight finishing my last book. I'm not so good at this balance.

Have a great day! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,484 Member
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    Lisa - I'm fascinated by genetics also. That's part of what my new book is about. :D
    My ex was a frustrated engineer, who eventually got to teach design at the RCA, and became a good amateur painter of life models.
    Their mum is a clinical psychologist, who also writes self help books. As far as I know, that family is not especially creative.
    Bea definitely gets her stage hunger from me and my mum. My father's family were all creative. My dad painted, potted, crocheted . His sisters were stunted by their cultural environment, but there was a yearning there that was fulfilled as best as it could be by amateur dramatics and a bit of painting. My father's mother published a book of fairy stories when she was old.
    So much talent , and so much frustration. The lot of many women in the past. I'm so glad that, starting in the 60s, things are very different nowadays, and I hope the grandchildren continue to explore their passions unhindered.
    I feel I am still growing and have plenty left to share with the world. :p 😜

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,645 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Boy is home from Deutschland.

My middle son went with me to PDX to pick him up.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

That was quick! I thought he was going for a while.

M in Oz

Just four weeks.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,140 Member
    I was invited to my 50 year high school reunion. I’m not going. I was never close with many of the people who will go. My best friend at the time lives in Australia, another has a farm and is in the middle of fair season for the reunion so won’t be going. I never dated any of the guys from the school. There just isn’t a pull for me to go. I would have to fly to CT and rent a car. Then my mom, daughter and son would all want me to visit. I just can’t go there for the reunion. It would end up being a 2 week trip and the rental car would cost way more than the plane. No one up there has a car I can use. Then I’d have to leave DH here alone who does not do well on his own. I would be worried the whole time. Too complicated and stressful, so best I don’t go. Which reminds me I need to RSVP to them.

Yesterday dinner was pasta and meatballs/sausage sauce, and a salad. The sauce was too sweet as DH used of the bottled sauce. I made a mistake yesterday, it’s not Ragu, but Prego. Too sweet. Supper was a naan with almond butter and 1/2 an apple. Snack was an orange. Breakfast today was same as yesterday: Oikos Tripple zero, muesli, craisins, raisins, and 1/2 banana.

td57xpuk27ue.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell 🛸
  • kevrit
    Today is hotdogs and peach ice cream Day! Emoji’s too! 🌭🍨
    wu9qtgoxamuk.jpeg
    9wcn88rthlmf.jpeg
    pa0s2bszwfbg.jpeg
    agbpeoy23gzq.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell 🚀👽🛸
  • kevrit
    Our group has the power of firgun !

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,740 Member
    edited July 17
    Rita - I love that! Firgun, indeed.

Vicki - Enjoy the trip, and especially the four days off without the phone!

Just a not that you should always stay aware of your own medical history.

Organ recital for today:
    Just got the followup call from my gastroenterologist's nurse to tell me the CT scan results, and she told me they were filing four prescriptions - two for antibiotics, one for steroids, and one anti-inflammatory. I had to back her up on the anti-inflammatory, as I told them the last time they gave it to me that I would not take it again, as it made me so dizzy that I could not do anything, and very nearly fell on the handful of knives I was carrying across my kitchen. They NEVER read the notes on these things - it's in my chart. *sigh*

Ah well, that's life in the lane where I find myself, and I will defend my own health with as much vigor as is necessary. I don't even get upset with it anymore, just heave a sigh, let the lady know that it is not an option for me, and made the phone calls to get the VA pharmacy to cancel it, because they sent the blinking thing yesterday BEFORE they talked to me.

Once I've got through taking all that, I'm supposed to try an OTC probiotic. Apparently it doesn't matter which one. Does anyone have a recommendation?

One rail down, three more of those to do and three large panels. Back at it!

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,178 Member
    edited July 17
    Lisa I agree about politics and religion. We lost some people a few months ago because a new person tried to interject religion here. I still miss Mary. It is a good reminder because of the up coming election to find another chat group to discuss those matters if it is important to you. I do think it is okay to acknowledge what others celebrate. I like how we preface it with for those who celebrate. I do not feel others are trying to impose their religious or political beliefs on me here. Thank you!

Rebecca I think I know who. I just skipped over most of those...When one of my cousin's posted too many political posts I did delete him. It was tough because I enjoyed his posts on the monarchs.

I had a tough time logging into Facebook a few weeks ago. I learned they have no Customer Support. I debated leaving Facebook but there are certain friends I stay in touch with on Facebook. I am just more careful about what I click on when visiting Facebook. When I share something I also check the site from where I share and try to stick to the same sites. I do have to log into a complicated way because I clear my browser at least once a day and Facebook doesn't respond well to that.

I am reading a book by Dr. Dr. Fuhrman Eat for Life. I have heard him speak in a number of the health Summits I listen to. He does go into depth about food choices and how they affect our health and our mood. His plan he calls Nutritarian eating. When you look at food eating nutrient rich food is best for your health. He too discusses how addictive over processed food is and how detrimental it is to our health. It can also contribute to depression. I would say my eating plan follows his guidelines. The one tweek I plan to implement after reading his plan is to decrease how much animal products I eat. I still will eat some but not as much. One plan to help me decrease is to add mushrooms in place of some of the animal product. Just recently Lion's Mane has come on my menu. A year ago I did not even know it existed. It is a good one because it is a mild mushroom and takes on the favors of what it is cooked. Mushrooms are a good source of protein without the negatives of animal protein. I added lion mane to my version of spaghetti. I used less hamburger this way. I serve my spaghetti sauce over cooked zucchini or quinoa. Fuhrman eliminates gluten from his diet plan too.

I did not have withdrawal symptoms from eliminating highly processed foods from my diet. I think it is because I did it slowly. This worked for me. Others do go cold turkey and do have withdrawal symptoms. They work through this and then keep on their plan because they see and feel the health benefits.