WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,430 Member
    I think it’s a shame that so much costs money these days. I think I would like to have a space to do crafts. Just an empty space where people can bring their own things to work on, but have the camaraderie of others. Maybe someday I can make that happen.

Tracey in Edmonton

There are spaces like that in various locations around Tasmania ... maybe something like this one ...

https://www.artosaurus.org/

Churches often have an hour or two somewhere in the week where people can get together and work on crafts. One of the churches I've attended here has that, and I remember going with my mother, years and years ago, and learning to do macrame at something like that.

M in Oz

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,677 Member
    1948CWB wrote: »
    PIP ~ Happy Birthday to Kirby.

Tracey ~ So glad you got the interview set up. You will be a great addition to the work force. Jonah is a cutie!

Rebecca ~ Eli is one cute little boy!

Monique ~ Wow! You have a lot of activities going on. I would be exhausted following you around. Hope your foot does well as you make the rounds.

Lisa ~ The quilt came out great! I can't remember what the theme was, but, I see a library setting.

Barbara ~ I would be shrieking too with frustration over the water problem not being solved. Is there any possibility that y'all could find someone else to go ahead and finish the job.

Lanette ~ Love your softly curling hair. You and your sister look great!

This week I have had my pre-op physical, blood work, chest x-ray, and a 2 hr class on the knee replacement procedure. It will be outpatient surgery so I will go home the same day. I will be given a bunch of equipment to use after the surgery to prevent blood clots, etc. So afraid I will forget to do everything they expect. I am scheduled to go to physical therapy the day after the surgery. Wish me luck! :)

Carol in GA

He's seems so "chill" to me, his personality. Last time we visited he was 5 months old and when I finally saw him cry, it was painfully sweet. He needed changed and it was a quick high pitched sing songy thing. All of us coo'ed "awe".💖. I really hope they all come down to my sisters place.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,575 Member
    Good going Carol! :) And good luck with it all. <3

Lanette - You have the most beautiful hair!

Lisa - Courage ma brave! :#:o<3

Well, it's done. The Uber cost a fortune, but the roads were quite hairy, so I'm glad John didn't take me. Even the female Uber driver remarked on how difficult one junction was! :o
    The clinic is going to cc me with the results they send to the doctor. She said the clinic covers a very big area. It felt wild up there. Evidently, all kinds of people use the roads as free parking, as there were lorries, vans, caravans etc all along the streets.

Glad it's done.

My friend G went to see the exorbitant Harley Street consultant today. She's glad she got the prognosis from the best man, but the reality of the disease has hit her hard. Better to know, but she feels a bit tearful. She felt he was kind and straightforward.

Love to all, must put the duck legs on. B)

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,430 Member
    26 flights of stairs today + walking.

Started to get my code to do what I wanted at last! I'm trying to match data from 3 very different tables and when the first successful matches happened today, I almost teared up. I suspected this particular project could be successful but getting there has tied my brain in knots. Still more work to do but nice to see some results.

Continued unpacking.

My previous commute time ranged from 30 - 50 minutes each way.

I've done the new commute twice now and it has ranged between 30 and 40 minutes so far. But it is school holidays so the traffic is usually lighter.

M in Oz

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,677 Member
    Its time for my mega sandwich. Is it wrong to put pickled asparagus in a sandwich? I don't think so! They lay so obediently.😁. Other stuff is turkey, tomato, sprouts and sharp cheddar. I think I still have some garlic herb whipped cream cheese. That makes great "glue" for a sandwich. Holds all the slippery bits stable. All on a hearty grains and seeds bread.
    Getting hair trimmed today. Its a fancy spa and salon place, but I am just done with the Supercuts experiences. My hair is wonky for a week. These last two times, she is caring, plus she starts with a shampoo. Supercuts has done away with any water option since they stopped during COVID. This new place is expensive, but I am happy. The salon gal is owner plus a Navy wife. We get along swimmingly.💖⚓
    I shall play the piano for a bit, then walk up to another strip mall place and have a pedicure. Even prepped my legs so I'm not "that old hairy lady" that the Asian gals can giggle about! Also there's those massage chairs..... It will be a nice afternoon.💖
    Didn't manage the farmers market with husband. He took a nap in his chair, and I went upstairs to take one. Under covers with the electric blanket on! Whidbey gets a breeze so even if its sunny out, its brisk most of the time. With me intermittent fasting, I am colder as well. My hands and feet, as most energy is going to my organs and my feet and hands are left to fend for themselves!😂
    Chatted with my eldest via Messenger texting. Its nice he ends his day of work with a note to me before he grabs a shower and heads to bed. He's out in the Big Blue on his carrier participating in a huge joint countries exercise. Its something that's scheduled, widely publicized so its not like I am sharing government secrets. Its called RIMPAC, the photos online with all the different countries ships all sailing in formation diring past RIMPACs is amazing.⚓💖
    Have a great day ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,167 Member
    Today is Etch-a-Sketch day! I bought my DH one because he loves to fidget. He was excited about it! LOL Boys and their toys!
    qih3hhjdfywl.jpeg
    3lmefdyg7vnk.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell 👽
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,858 Member
    Lisa--Beautiful. She is going to love it.
    Pip--Happy be-lated birthday to Kirby. <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,119 Member
    :'( My friend who dances with me on Friday mornings texted to say that her daughter had been exposed to Covid and wondered if she should not dance with me this morning. Since she interacts a lot with her daughter, Jake said he didn't want her coming over. With all his health problems along with chemo, he is especially immune compromised. It wasn't a problem for me because I can dance by myself but she needs me to lead

🌻Got up super early again this morning so Annie and I had another long and lovely walk as the sun came up. It was especially good because it got really hot later and we didn't walk much. The house is cool and we have great stuff to watch on TV.

🌞🌻Carol There were several women in my line dance class who had had knee replacements and they said that the key to a good recovery was to follow directions. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

🐾🐕👣🚶‍♀️🤩Barbie in NW WA