Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who’s with me? It’s July 2024 and we need to lose 50 pounds! Let’s take this journey together!

Sparkle1098
Sparkle1098 Posts: 18 Member
We need to get down and stay down! We all have our own success stories as well as demons. Let’s crush those demons together!

Share daily your progress. Let’s make this our news feed!

* Update what’s happening daily
* Words of wisdom
* What's working for you
* What’s not working
* Water intake... your secret
* Share your snacks and food secrets
* Exercise any form walking, gym, classes, swimming
* Exercise status from you Apple watch, Fitbit or other devices
* Are you up or down on the scale

Let’s talk about anything and everything. Together we can do this!

Replies

• dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    I'm in!
  • ewoods66
    ewoods66 Posts: 1 Member
    I also started on July 5.. I have 15-20 lbs to lose. Refamiliarizing myself with MFP app. Protein shakes w/ fruit, almond milk for breakfast.. scallops and sweet potato for dinner.. still haven’t managed 64 oz water. I feel like I am back in control.
  • katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 167 Member
    Today was actually a good day despite what felt like a million hurdles of stress getting in my way 😬 I’m so pleased that I didn’t revert to my usual coping mechanisms that don’t serve me (junk food / binge eating). Even with my usual default thoughts happening the minute stress happened - I was able to see them for what they are - my brain looking for the familiar.

Water intake is still a work in progress 🤷🏻‍♀️

22,336 steps - tough work day today!

I found out via my podcast last night what my 8 minute journal is actually doing 💡 and it’s a good tool. Well worth a listen if you’re like me and needing a ‘reset’:
    Mindset Reset Toolkit: How to Make Your Mind Work for You (Using Simple Neuroscience) https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-mel-robbins-podcast/id1646101002?i=1000595362596

I hope everyone had a nice Sunday - we’ve got this!!

jetbfdhnxt50.jpeg
  • elithea175
    elithea175 Posts: 36 Member
    I’m new to this platform but not to the journey. Lost 50# in 2023, then hit a 6 week plateau and gave up. Gained back 20 before starting up again yesterday. I’m used to tracking my food on Fitbit, which no longer does that, so I need to learn this one. I’ve linked my Fitbit and my VeSync scale. And started the Better Me 3 months trial with their 28 day indoor walking challenge. Hoping to get at least back in the neighborhood of where I left off so my doctor, who was so jubilant last year, won’t yell at me when I see her oct 25!
  • dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    I’ve lost some before but never all. Now I’m in the pre-diabetic range and need to lose 80.
  • najapie
    najapie Posts: 4 Member
    Restarted the app 3 days ago. I have lost 1 lb already! Yes I just got my period and may be dehydrated, but it feels good To be recording meals and weighing in again. Currently at 193.4, 1 lb down from my heaviest weight ever. 136 high school weight. Goal 155. Heck I'd be happy to get back to 170 right now. Quaker instant oatmeal is my go to quick breakfast. Also peanut butter toast.
  • Stormi8791
    Stormi8791 Posts: 5 Member
    Late to the party but I'm wanting to get back at eating healthier and stop snacking so much, ESPECIALLY at night!!
    * Update what’s happening daily- I've starting logging food again today! I seem to quit after a few months
    * Words of wisdom- I need some :neutral:
    * What's working for you- a buddy to help me stay on track!
    * What’s not working- my husband buying junk food! I've asked him to not keep it where i can see it and don't tell me where he put it! haha
    * Water intake... your secret - I need to work on it!!
    * Share your snacks and food secrets- my new thing is blended cottage cheese w/ dry ranch seasoning or blend in my own spices for a high protein veggie dip! its good!!!
    * Exercise any form walking, gym, classes, swimming - I have a friend that does a daily challenge of 11,000 steps per day, if we don't make it we owe the other one $5 to help keep us accountable
    * Are you up or down on the scale : I haven't even weighed in to even see how much I've gained recently, I just decided today to join in here with the hopes of changing my mind set.

• Stormi8791
    Stormi8791 Posts: 5 Member
    najapie wrote: »
    Restarted the app 3 days ago. I have lost 1 lb already! Yes I just got my period and may be dehydrated, but it feels good To be recording meals and weighing in again. Currently at 193.4, 1 lb down from my heaviest weight ever. 136 high school weight. Goal 155. Heck I'd be happy to get back to 170 right now. Quaker instant oatmeal is my go to quick breakfast. Also peanut butter toast.

I am in the almost exact same position as you!! I am right about 190 now and goal 155 but happy with 170. hahaha
  • FeralWitch
    FeralWitch Posts: 8 Member
    I have a lot to lose also. Not a stranger to calorie counting etc., just fell off the wagon for way too long. Now I’m just over 200lbs, 5’8” and the heaviest I’ve ever been. Almost 36 and feel like my metabolism took a nosedive. No matter though, taking control and want to lose at least 30lbs, maybe 40-50. Planning to move abroad where being heavier made me SO self conscious compared to in America. haha I just want to be my best me. Will support anyone else who’s in it for the long term. We got a lot of work to do!
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,589 Member
    Today is my new day! Going forward I'm going to drink Premier Protein for breakfast.

* Premier Protein Chocolate (30 grams of protein & 1 gram sugar)
    * One A Day multivitamin
    * 2 Vitafusion Fiber Well Sugar Free Gummies
    * 2 Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules

Hello - I tried several chocolate protein drink types and found Premier to be kind of chemical tasting.
    I recommend Ensure high protein chocolate (must watch out & not get the similarly named/packaged meal replacement one!!) - tastes good! Same 160 cal/ but only 16g protein/235 ml. Like Premier it does not need to be refrigerated.
    The very best tasting to me though is Milk2Go Sport - tastes just like chocolate milk! 200 cal/26g protein/325 ml but needs to be kept in the fridge.

I like the idea of making our own Newsfeed! Be back later 🙂 for proper intro!
  • BCLadybug888
    elithea175 wrote: »
    I’m new to this platform but not to the journey. Lost 50# in 2023, then hit a 6 week plateau and gave up. Gained back 20 before starting up again yesterday. I’m used to tracking my food on Fitbit, which no longer does that, so I need to learn this one. I’ve linked my Fitbit and my VeSync scale. And started the Better Me 3 months trial with their 28 day indoor walking challenge. Hoping to get at least back in the neighborhood of where I left off so my doctor, who was so jubilant last year, won’t yell at me when I see her oct 25!

I hear you, joined MFP summer 2021, lost very near 50 by summer 2022, stalled out, gained 10ish over the next year to summer 2023, then a further 6-7 by Xmas 2023 and started the New Year just under 20 up from my 2022 low - but I feel very proud to have not gained it all back, and to have kept looking at ways to improve my diet and lifestyle during those 18 months, even if the 😈 ⚖️ didn't reflect that.
    Since January I am now back down 15, and may even get back to my Summer 2022 weight this Summer! My goal is to beat it and get over that 50 hump. And then much, much more lol.
  • Mariaswm
    Mariaswm Posts: 52 Member
    edited July 12
    I'm starting over again. I used this app before, logging in everything I ate no matter what it was. I was doing at least 11,000 steps a day. It was working and I lost some weight, but then I stopped keeping track. I regret that so much. Then covid hit and just threw everything off. It's been a rough couple of years. Was diagnosed with breast cancer and then cervical precancer. Had to have 2 surgeries in 2022 a couple months apart then radiation therapy. Got depressed and gained what I had lost back and then some. Went to my oncologist yesterday and he said "we need to talk about your weight". I almost lost it but cried when I got home. But got over it and it's a new day and am starting to log food again, will start hitting my step goal and change my eating habits. I hope to make some friends on here so we can motivate each other and keep looking forward. I also need to lose 80 to 100 pounds.

Please add me as a friend if you'd like. I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

• SoEpicSoMe
    SoEpicSoMe Posts: 13 Member
    I'm in. I really need to get over my weight loss hump. That's going to include a bountiful increase in energy for me and finding time. I plan to incorporate swimming, weights, and yoga mainly.
  • BCLadybug888
    edited July 19
    Hi, unfortunately @Sparkle1098 started this discussion then abandoned it - only this one post since 2022...

And has not signed into MFP since July 5th. It's too bad.