Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Women 200lb+, Let's Give It A Try This July!!!

Replies

• PansyLass13
    PansyLass13 Posts: 18 Member
    This week has been great overall. we sent some of our older kids to camp so it was quiet at home with just my 3 year old, doing more one on one things with him and i was able to make some good simple meals and log every day. my favorite was a reuben in a bowl recipe from the evolving table website. Highly recommend!

SW 225
    CW 217
    GW 170/80

I wish I could reply to people’s comments like fb just under your comment, but i’ll follow others examples and reply to a few all at once. :)

@jenbroussard71 thank you for your comment, it means a lot! You’re doing so great this month! I’ve done more reorganizing than I have in a while and it’s so satisfying mentally. I have trouble getting my water in too. Why is it not easier? I’m sure the scale will catch up.

@Cinnamonpimp Welcome! I’ve been off and on with tracking for some time too. It’s really helped me when I’ve done it. That’l be great to get into a wellness clinic, those big steps to keep moving in a healthy direction are exciting.

@CeCeFlyy love those mornings, lol! That’s great you’re following your body’s lead on intuitive eating, tracking or not.

@melissgee oh I relate to this. I have a bad habit of all or nothing thinking. I know long term, slow and steady wins the race and that’s what I want to do the rest of my life but it’s hard for me to be patient.

@lisakatz2 It happens, no guilt. Just keep going :)

@SirOnionKnight glad you’re here! i agree about doing things alone, my default but yes, tiring, lol. this is the only group I’m in here on mfp, too. It’s so encouraging.

@quolwy Nice work, the non scale victories are so rewarding, aren’t they? It’s hard for me to focus more on those sometimes rather than the scale but those things are what make quality of life better so they are a better measure, I think. Also, Happy Birthday!

@Yerkusha It is so tough with kiddos, especially so little. The exhaustion is big and you probably can use that extra sleep and rest, don’t feel bad about it!! Your body’s probably needing it. The motivation will come!
  • girlinkaz744
    girlinkaz744 Posts: 35 Member
    34 years old
    5’6”
    Starting weight: 222 (Feb, 21)
    Lowest weight: 154 (Sep, 21)
    Re-starting weight: 195 (Feb, 23)
    Goal weight: 160-165

June EW: 165.5

July 13: 161.1
    July 20: 160.5
    July 27:

So far so good for July!! I have walked a LOT this week and gotten in 2 strength workouts. I can tell that I haven’t been working out as regularly and really hope to get back on the ball in August once my schedule settles down. I have 2 more camps to run before the summer is out!!

I have noticed that I am feeling a little more “whatever” when it comes to food, which is usually the beginning of the end of maintenance for me, so I’m determined to keep weighing in every day! I usually do pretty well for a while and then slip into “well, I’m at the bottom of my range, so it’s no big deal if xyz” and then 2 months later, bye bye maintenance! BUT NOT THIS TIME! I am determined for this time to “stick”.

Keep it up, ladies! I see you all putting in the work!!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,385 Member
    Good morning everyone!

I'm back from vacation, and I've lost some of the vacation weight that was keeping me subconsciously from coming back. I'm not doing Fat 2 Fit group anymore, but maybe that's for the best. The pressure to remember the weekly check ins when I didn't really chat there was too much. We'll start with the normal stuff.

Saturday weigh in days
    Christina
    35 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150
    2024 goal weight: 165
    SW 2024: 182.7

🌈 July Goals!🌈
    🌈 July GW: 182

🟣July SW 7/1: 185.8
    7/6: 186
    7/13: 186.6
    7/20: 183.4

🔵Log everything in grams
    🟢Work out >3x a week
    🟡Calories<1700/day

As you can see, I was a little (or a lot!) off the rails for my vacations, but I loved every minute.

We rented a beach house in North Carolina with my whole family, and that was a good time full of just chilling by the beach/pool and reading.

I ate so much good food in Hawaii, (they have so much Japanese food, which is one of my favorites) and from the balcony of our hotel room I could see both Waikiki beach and Diamondhead. We went on a sunset catamaran and watched the fireworks over Oahu, so it was just a great time (and also I was there for work, haha).

rg97zt70dzb5.png

When I came back from those, it was July 4th week, my weight was way up, so I didn't check in, but I had some fun grilling hot dogs outside. And I was consciously noncompliant with the diet, up until last weekend when I decided enough was enough. Started logging and tracking for real this week, got back to the gym, and that's why the big drop. Now I feel comfy coming back, with my mind in the right place.

I made the BEST chicken salad this week, and put it on top of slices of cucumber in lieu of crackers. The chicken salad was: rotisserie chicken, a little bit of cold rice, one laughing cow wedge, and trader joe's dill pickle mustard (which I realize is not everyone's favorite, but I'm obsessed). It was great. I'm thinking of doing it all this week, too.

rlpx80wwmr0a.png

For breakfasts, I really liked them too this week: I made an egg white frittata with whatever veg were in my fridge (kale and broccoli stem, lol), some pickled jalapenos, the whole carton of egg whites, a whole block of neufchatel (is that how you spell the lower calorie cream cheese?) and everything bagel seasoning. Bake it all up, portion it out for every day, boom. The neufchatel is what makes it really good, haha.

We made one of those ice cream sandwich-and-cool whip cakes, where you just layer those two things with some toppings in between and on top, suprisingly (or not) pretty low calorie for what it tastes like, amazing.

ra6zsa5m384m.png

I've tried to make sure this week that I hit at least 100g protein, it seems to be helping. That, and portioning out my protein nut butter, haha, I love that stuff too much. But if I portion out a single serving and take that to work instead of the whole jar, then we're good. Also, the Oh Yeah One Reese's Lover protein bars are bomb.

I've ordered a little hobonichi weeks planner late to play around with using it just for my weight loss and tracking. When I get it Monday, I'll try to take pictures.

I think that's all the life update stuff! This post is already too long and I've been gone too long for tag party, but let me get back to @itladyee : yeah, I took a vacation in April, and I just took another one. This year has been really good for me and vacations, haha. Everyone should be able to take as many. When I become president, 2 -3 vacations a year will be mandatory. :wink:

Have a great day, everyone! Time for me to read all your posts, so happy to be back.
  • aawnm
    aawnm Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I'm a mom of 3. I'm starting my weight loss journey once again after losing weight but having kids and now needing to lose it again. I have a teenager, an elementary aged, and a one year old. I'm going to be gradually weaning my one year old from breastfeeding and will be returning to work part time. I am working on committing to getting my binge eating under control and commit to daily exercise even if just a few mins of walking or yoga. My heaviest ever was 211 lbs and I'm 5'2". I got down to 160 and felt great and healthy! But now I have a feeling I am actually over 211 lbs now. Today is my day one and I would love to connect to anyone who has similar goals!
  • kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 159 Member
    CupcakeCrusoe-Mandatory vacations sound fun! Thank you for letting us know how you are doing. I enjoyed your pics and a thoughtful reply.
  • quolwy
    quolwy Posts: 73 Member
    Hey there, just checking in with my end of week updates!

Starting weight: 219 lbs (6/10/24)
    Ending weight: 214.2 lbs (6/30/24)
    Total loss: -4.8lbs (in 20 days)
    Goal weight: 150-165lbs
    Goal Body Fat: 20-25%

Goals for July: ✔
    - Work 4 days/week ✔
    - Walk 10k steps minimum 3x/week ✔
    - Log meals daily and accurately ✔
    - Gym 3x/week ✔
    - Drink more water and less sugar ✔
    - Treat myself once/week with a self date ✔
    - Weigh in an 205lbs at the end of the month (-8lbs loss) (based on my slow progress I'd be perfectly happy with 210lbs)

JULY:
    1st: 213 lbs
    2nd: 212.8 lbs
    3rd: 211.6 lbs
    4th: 212 lbs
    5th: 213.2 lbs
    6th: 212.4 lbs
    7th: 212.4 lbs
    8th: 211.6 lbs
    9th: 212.4 lbs
    10th: 212.2 lbs
    11th: 212.8 lbs
    12th: 214.6 lbs
    13th: 215.2 lbs
    14th: 216.6 lbs (wow this is quite the spike)
    15th: 214.2 lbs (starting to debloat)
    16th: 213.2 lbs
    17th: 213 lbs
    18th: 212.6 lbs
    19th: 215.2 lbs (My birthday was the 18th, so it makes sense to have another indulgent jump)
    20th: 215.7 lbs
    21st: 215.3 lbs

Non weight Successes:
    - While I indulged on my birthday, I also went to the gym and got over 10k steps outside of the gym and ate within maintenance that day
    - Managed 20k steps yesterday AND a 1hr class in the gym
    - Made homemade chicken nuggets that turned out DELICIOUS and are about half the calories of any store bought ones with triple the protein!
    - I got to do another free personal training sessions today, and it went GREAT!
    - Found out I've lost 0.8% body fat, and gained 0.7% muscle since my last PT session 1 month ago, which is slow progress but it's progress!
    - Got my first tip today at work! (I'm a bodyworker but i work out of a clinic so tips aren't common or expected the way they would be in a spa setting)

I'm starting to consider going to the gym more often, now that I'm in the routine of it all. I already go Tues/Thurs/Sat, but I could also be going Mon/Weds for 5pm classes (unless I end up working those hours at the new job), and I also could go for more cardio based classes on Friday. Just a thought for now, the other idea would be to get personal training on one of my off days once I'm able to afford it (Hopefully in 2 weeks time).
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 264 Member
    Jennifer
    Re-started 4/24/24 - 236.2
    CW: 210.2
    GW: 165 (may adjust when I get there)
    5'3" Tall

Monday weigh in
    July 1st: - 216.6
    July 8th - 213
    July 15th - 212.8
    July 22nd - 210.2
    July 29th
    July loss -6.4
    July Goal - 207 (which was my lowest weight in April 2023)
    End of Summer Goal - onederland!

Life is a little stressful right now but this too shall pass. I spent the weekend at the hospital with momma, she was very anemic. The doctors quickly figured out that she had a GI bleed. I am so thankful for the wonderful care that she received. The nurses were amazing. (My last experience with staying at the hospital was in 2021 and during that time the nurses were overworked and understaffed.) It was nice to see that things have settled down quite a bit. They are still overworked in my opinion though. I bet they get 20K in steps a day.

If there any nurses in this group an you read this. I hope you know how appreciated you are!

I hope everyone has a great week!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,385 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Weight's a little up this morning, because I only kept track in my head yesterday what I ate, I didn't log. I know better. Back on the horse today.

Also today: pole classes! I slept like crap yesterday, so I really wanted to cancel on my classes tonight, but I won't, we're going to push through, since my next gym classes aren't until Thursday.

Tag party (from my last post):
    @aawnm welcome! Having those big age gaps in the kids must be tough. I've been almost exactly where you are weight-wise, so I know you can do this! Post a lot, we're a helpful and chatty lot here. I saw I got a friend request from you, but I only use this site for this group, not logging food or hanging out, so I wouldn't be much help.

There was a study in the last few years that said that increasing your steps to even 3000 a day provided health effects, so literally just trying is progress and good! Welcome!

@kiteflyer105 it's so important to have things to look forward to, especially when things get hard. :heart:

@quolwy oooh I love hearing about high protein recipe hacks! I've actually started screenshotting an influencer whose recipes I like the look of- livcarbonero makes a lot of great looking ones.

@jenbroussard71 I hope your mom's doing better now, and look at you go, your progress is on point this month!

Have a great day, everyone!
  • CeCeFlyy
    CeCeFlyy Posts: 27 Member
    Weekly Check In • 7/23

SW: 237
    LW: 237.4
    CW: 236.6
    GW: 165

One thing I want to improve from last week:

Water. I’m fine on most days but on super hot days like today I crave that sugary, bubbly, sweetness (usually in the form of a Coke).

This is an easy remedy though. I’ll grab some sparkling water and lemons when I do my grocery shop this weekend.

One thing I enjoyed from last week:

I’m still not doing IF, we’ll at least not intentionally. I kind of eat naturally between 11am - 7/8PM. I know i could probably even cut myself off at 7, if needed. But whatever I’m doing seems to be working, so I’ll take it.

NSV:

✨I’ve been wearing a bra strap extender for the last few months on 2 of my favorite bras and I went to a part on Sunday as was able to take it off and be comfortable which lets me know that I’m losing inches.
    ✨This has nothing to do with weight loss but my bold spot is growing back.
    ✨ I got a new job which is across the street from a gym. So I’m going to sign up soon and then it’s game time for real for the rest of the year.
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 499 Member
    Lost half a pound, down to 185.5. Getting closer to the 15 pound milestone!
  • quolwy
    quolwy Posts: 73 Member
    Hey there, just checking in with my mid week updates!

Starting weight: 219 lbs (6/10/24)
    Ending weight: 214.2 lbs (6/30/24)
    Total loss: -4.8lbs (in 20 days)
    Goal weight: 150-165lbs
    Goal Body Fat: 20-25%

Goals for July: ✔
    - Work 4 days/week ✔
    - Walk 10k steps minimum 3x/week ✔
    - Log meals daily and accurately ✔
    - Gym 3x/week ✔
    - Drink more water and less sugar ✔
    - Treat myself once/week with a self date ✔
    - Weigh in at 210lbs at the end of the month (-4.2 lbs loss)

JULY:
    1st: 213 lbs
    2nd: 212.8 lbs
    3rd: 211.6 lbs
    4th: 212 lbs
    5th: 213.2 lbs
    6th: 212.4 lbs
    7th: 212.4 lbs
    8th: 211.6 lbs
    9th: 212.4 lbs
    10th: 212.2 lbs
    11th: 212.8 lbs
    12th: 214.6 lbs
    13th: 215.2 lbs
    14th: 216.6 lbs (wow this is quite the spike)
    15th: 214.2 lbs (starting to debloat)
    16th: 213.2 lbs
    17th: 213 lbs
    18th: 212.6 lbs
    19th: 215.2 lbs (My birthday was the 18th, so it makes sense to have another indulgent jump)
    20th: 215.7 lbs
    21st: 215.3 lbs
    22nd: 212.7 lbs
    23rd: 212.6 lbs
    24th: 213.6 lbs

Non weight Successes:
    - On track to go to the gym 4x this week!
    - Already hit 10k steps twice this week, and I'm on track to hit my third day today!

My Tuesday class at the gym ended up only being me and one other person, so the PT essentially made it a 2 on 1 class. She asked us if there were any areas we wanted to train, and when I suggested abductors she took that and ran with it! 45mins later and my legs were absolute jelly, and I think it was one of my best performances at the gym thus far!
    I'm also feeling optimistic that over the course of this week I'll be able to see 211.6lbs again OR possibly even lower! Especially knowing how much I'll be working out, and now that I don't have any events to eat at and cause me to bloat!
  • SirOnionKnight
    SirOnionKnight Posts: 82 Member
    Hello guys, I'm back with a bit of an update.
    First, many thanks for the warm welcome ♥

SW: 123.8kg (272lb) in April 2023
    CW: 101.5kg (223lb)
    GW: 66kg (145lb)

I haven't lost too much since last week, but better than nothing~

my July:
    week 01: 103.9 kg (229lb)
    week 02: 102.8 kg (226lb)
    week 03: 101.7 kg (224lb)
    week 04: 101.5 kg (223lb)

At the end of August I am going on a little vacation with some friends and I am hoping to be able to get below 100kg (220lb) by then. It should be doable without doing anything drastic, I have upped a bit my daily exercise, it's a bit hard right now because of the heat that is killing me, but I am trying~

Me exercise is mostly walking and stationary bike, I should probably start doing some strenght training too tho, I do everithing at home, no gym, I'm a bit wary of exercising in public tbh, and so I do it at home. Any advice is more than welcome on how to increase the exercise better :D

• AG_Lake
    AG_Lake Posts: 45 Member
    Hi , a one-off check-in today . Lazy rainy day.
    Hey ! I’m 1.1 lbs away from 10 lbs off milestone. Eating ok, within my Food Plan,
    but I’ve had some carbs, mixed berries , beans , quinoa or rice in tuna or salmon salad, peaches, melba toast once in a while.
    All of it is once in a while.
    Halfway thru week.
    Don’t know whether I can get out of 219 # promptly.
    My metabolism is in the doldrums.
    I wonder how much I’ll have to lose to feel energized ?
    I think over 50# more.
    Good luck to everyone on this journey!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    I haven’t lost weight since my last check-in but I have met so far my goal of staying in the 250’s and out of the lower 260’s. We just got back from our annual family ‘camping’ trip which we hadn’t done since the COVID shut down. I put parenthesis on camping because we didn’t tent it this year since my husband is still recovering from a car accident last fall where the other motorist didn’t clear himself making an unprotected left cutting in front of my husband going straight through a green light. The other motorist got a ticket. So, we paid for a nearby inn to stay at night and joined the campers during the day. The Inn had a beautiful big pool. It had a view, was heated and was a salt-water pool. We did our aquafit on Saturday morning before going to the camping site for the rest of the day. We also did a small hike. My knee won’t let me do downhill trails so we left when the elevation on the trail got to be too much but for me it was a good walk. So, my weight stayed down and my activity level increased.

I have been finding that with the healthy foods I have been eating I am more regular. I also just stop eating when I feel full or satisfied. I just don’t want more. However, some of those in my household have been bringing in unhealthy snacks. Otherwise, I have been eating healthier. But with the exception of this camping trip I haven’t improved my exercise as consistently. I think I have upped NEAT though. So, I am planning to build on the exercise and upped activity level from this trip to focus more on exercise and activity now. So now that I am home, I can start logging again. I am not up to speed with my phone app since MFP changed to Google. Since my last check-in I made an updated spreadsheet I have used in the past for logging stats. I need to set my exercise/activity goals. I just got a fitbit inspire to get a better sense of my activity level other than specific exercise. So, a lot of setting up but not really implementing. I had one week that I meal planned and it actually helped beyond that week. Last week I made the last meal I had planned and we shopped for before going on the camping trip. We had the left overs of that meal last night when we got home from our camping trip. I only had to do one meal on the trip since others did the other meals. We all bring a sandwich item for lunches. Someone brings meats, others bring cheeses, and I brought bread. Everyone brings condiments they have on hand to share (lettuce, tomatoes, pickles mustard etc.).

So, I only have a half week to plan meals for now. We have left over bbq sauce from our camping meal so my husband is buying boneless skinless chicken thighs for dinner tonight on his way home for bbq chicken. I will make a vinaigrette for salads and see if we need veggies for dinners. I have cooked potatoes left over from the camping meal so I may make smashed potatoes as well tonight. Next week I will plan meals again. I only have to do 3-4 meals since my husband does one and my youngest does one. Usually there are left-overs for lunches or dinners later. We can only have take out or go out 1 time a week.

@mmatch_latte Congratulations on getting to Onderland! And you are continuing to make progress, nice! Congratulations on no longer being obese!
    @quolwy you are making nice progress. Losing fat is what it is really all about. Watermelon is a very good for you. It also gives you a lot of liquid that we don’t count when we are logging our water intake. I am focusing more on nutrition and exercise. Great news about the new job opportunity and hope the shift was good. This is not just about losing weight. Hope your birthday was wonderful.
    @itladyee I have the same issue with certain snacks that others bring home. I try to give myself some wiggle room just because logging can’t be exact.
    @AG_Lake my son flew his family out of the way of the hurricane and they had to stay with friends for a few days when they got back until they got their electricity back. You do not know what these storms will do. They can change their path and up their categories at the last minute. The good news is that he is trying to move back up here so I will see him, my daughter-in-law and grandson more but the housing market is really bad so it may take a while.
    @itladyee I found that working part-time for a couple of months helped me transition into retirement. However July has been so busy I am still transitioning. We had to estimate taxes since we hadn’t gotten certain forms so that took up one week this month. It is really challenging to figure out whether you can retire or not. My husband not only hasn’t yet but he got a recent promotion, so we haven’t really faced that decision fully yet. We waited to get social security until we turned 70 and that allowed me to retire and I am hoping I can make our life more healthy and smooth and take a few things off his plate.
    @jenbroussard71 I have old pictures at my starting weight but what I want to do is take measurements. I keep wondering where I put the tape measurer. Congrats on your progress. Some of the healthiest activity there is for us is what you are doing. There is a term for it NEAT. That is one of my main focuses now. I was so tired after working fulltime I just didn’t want to do cooking cleaning gardening etc. Now I am trying to do more of that. Almonds are a great snack.
    @PansyLass13 glad you joined us. My focus is on non-scale progress too. Nutrition and strength being the 2 areas I am focusing on. I usually lose when I pay attention to these.
    @girlinkaz744 nice NSV.
    @GardenQueen30 I frankly feel that the point is health. I find if I eat healthy good foods and get exercise I lose. I remember being where you are after having my 2 kids and not having time to take care of myself. I hope you are able to keep from gaining more and just slowly keep losing. I relate to the feeling of being deprived. When I am losing weight I would build in some times to have something I really wanted I just limited those times. I am so picky about sweets now because I limit them to so few and I don’t want to waste them on things I do not like as much. I hope your new program works for you.
    @CeCeFlyy I have been waking up feeling “morning skinny” more but I think it is more like a thinking positive thing for me. However I am not waking up feeling full and boated either. Sometimes I am surprised at the scale not showing it more. Right now I am focusing more on nutrition and improving strength so calories are secondary to me until I get those things right. I love your NSVs.
    @melissgee don’t just focus on the scale. Focus on NSVs Focus on health and fitness. I find if I am staying active and I eat healthy I lose.
    @lisakatsz2 the hard part is keeping from gaining. If you are doing that, you are doing something important. Once we lose weight, we will need to be able to maintain our weight and that isn’t always easy. It isn’t that much different than losing. Really good healthy things can happen when you maintain a weight if you are eating healthy and getting good activity. We need to get our bodies to use and not store unhealthy fat. To do that we need healthy fats, healthy food and good activity and exercise.
    @SirOnionKnight This group has been helpful to me in the past. Welcome. It is a place that you can express your struggles and progress in more detail than with most family or friends because we understand that there is more to this than what you can talk to others about.
    @Yerusha I think this this thread can help. I just retired and part of my decision was that with all of us working full-time it was hard to have a healthy lifestyle. I remember when I had kids and it was even harder. I have been having green tea with some other healthy things added. I do not always have this everyday or 1st thing. However, I can see positive changes.
  • KeriA
    I lost some weight so I am checking in
    Keri
    71 years old
    Challenge July Starting Weight: 260
    UGW: 167 (healthy weight for a senior woman my height)
    5'6" Tall
    I do check-ins when I lose:
    7/1: 260
    7/5: 257.5
    7/25: 257
    Legend:
    A is my husband. N is my living at home adult youngest child

July Goals:
    • July GW: get securely in the 250s – Yes
    • Keep my water intake up – need to up this
    • Keep getting 7+ hours of sleep - yes
    • Meal plan and cook 3+ dinners (my husband and youngest will cook some dinners too) – I only meal planned 1 week and didn’t really need to do more since the plan and groceries lasted for more with other members in the household providing meals too. I have planned for the rest of this week and need to plan next week.
    • Eat healthy breakfasts (only 1 day a week at a café with Latte etc.) – Yes doing well at this.
    • Work up to 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week – 1 day of aquafit, 1 day of weight training, 4 days of walking increasing lengths of time) – Got lot’s of exercise on the camping trip and yesterday I went for a good walk with my husband.
    • Up NEAT (non exercise activity) daily such as cooking and cleaning etc. – I am making some progress here and got a Fitbit to help track this.

This may not look like much progress to others but it does to me. It means I have lost 5 lbs since I retired. Usually when I go down on the scale the next day it will go up and vary between my recent high and my recent low for a while before going down to a new low. So when I go lower than my most recent low and I stay lower than my previous high then I know I am going the right way. This is why I have a spreadsheet where I log daily weights. On MFP I log my lows. Yesterday I walked and it was longer than my usual walks lately. It was longer than the 30 minutes that I am shooting for now.

Top priorities today:
    • Meal plan for next week
    • Get 30 minutes of exercise today (hopefully strength training)
    • Up my water intake

Top priorities for the week:
    • Add in exercise sessions probably related to bone strength.
  • KeriA
    I finally updated my measurements on MFP. I think they were last updated during COVID when I had lost 20 lbs. So some measurements stayed the same and others went up which I expected. Now I can better track my progress.

@jo_casey42 Nice achievement staying on track with a trip. Glad it was lovely.
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 264 Member
    Random Friday Check In:

Goals for July:
    Improve my water intake - I made good progress in June but I can do better. (Getting better at this)
    Continue logging meals - daily and log every bite. (Doing great at this)
    Exercise 3 times per week - now that I have completed physical therapy I have no limitations and I need to challenge myself in this area. I know yesterday was technically June, but I did walk for 40 minutes on the treadmill.(I am at 2x a week for the last 3 weeks, so still working on this)

I had a 3 month check up with my doctor. She was very pleased with my progress so far. She offered a virtual visit for the next appointment but I opted to go in because I need to step on the scale - it keeps me accountable.

I completed my 3 week trial with my trainer and I signed up for 6 months. I really like working with her and again she keeps me accountable. (Starting to see a theme here.) I really wish I had someone that lived nearby that would be willing to walk or meet up for exercise. It seems like our friends are in different seasons of life - watching their grandkids or even raising their grandkids. Or our work schedules do not align.

NSV - My BMI is 4.6 points lower and the jeans I've been trying to get into fit. I think it's time to clean out the closet of the larger sizes and make a donation to The Faith House (a local shelter for women leaving domestic abuse situations). That will be my project for this weekend.

I hope you have a great weekend. I will check back in on Monday.
  • AG_Lake
    edited July 26
    Good morning, everyone,
    Lovely summer morning here . 🌼 🥳
    Random July Friday check-in : lost a bit so it’s 218.5 .
    KEEPING MY EYES ON THE PRIZE !
    Yay for us all !!
    Have a lovely weekend, everyone . ☀️🌸
  • AG_Lake
    AG_Lake wrote: »
    Hi ! Trying to get below 221 . Well, I guess I will but it’s wait and see when it’ll happen. Stalled a bit yesterday as we had the tail end of a huge hurricane so couldn’t go out to walk. It was still a bad storm . See ya ‘ !

Just to follow up July 26th today and RANDOM FRIDAY CHECK-IN : lost some! 218.5 today.
    Keeping my eyes on the prize ! ☀️🌼🌻🥳🌸🤪