Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Adding Wegovy to my journey...start date, 7-14-2024

I'm 59 1/2 years old and have been struggling with my weight from about age 28 or so. Nothing sticks. I am not a yo-yo dieter. Except for a stint with WW in my early 30s, I've never successfully lost weight. Mostly it just creeps up and up all the time.

I got a personal trainer at age 50. Then, I tried WW, Noom, Keto, Always Hungry?, then last year, I learned I had Silent Reflux, so I followed a low-acid diet, got a dietician on board, lowered blood sugar, reduced LPR symptoms, and some other numbers with the Acid Watchers diet, but nothing sticks. And no matter what, the pounds stay on. It's frustrating and depressing. I know I'm not alone, yet I do feel alone and a lot of shame about this. I keep thinking, what is wrong with me that I can't even lose a few pounds?

So, the towel has been thrown in with the support of my doctor, dietician, and medicine-averse personal trainer, I am incorporating Wegovy into the mix. Would like to see lower bp, lower cholesterol and fewer pounds! I was blown away that my insurance would cover it.

My plan is to track my progress and experience here. I'll include stories from my childhood about food that may have contributed to this. Whatever happens, I feel like for the first time in my life I have a chance to make this work.

My first injection was on Sun., July 14 at 9:30 pm.

SW: 213.2
BMI: 36.6

Thanks for reading.

So far, at day 2, I feel ok. Only time will tell.

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    I started a group. 7/4 was my first day.
    "Trying Wegovy? Info and new user support."
  • mmelindas415
    mmelindas415 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 19
    I am 60 yrs old, started Wegovy on 7/9/24, at .25 mg dose/weekly. Current weight is 282. I’ve not had many side effects, only slight dull headache and some fatigue. I’ve been on Wegovy before and had success, but life got the better of me and I was removed from the med protocol and gained lots of weight back. I’m still weigh less than my original starting date years ago, but sick about the gain. That’s my “why” I’m back in it again. Time to put myself back in the front burner of importance.
  • chris_in_cal
    I am 60 yrs old, started Wegovy on 7/9/24, at .25 mg dose/weekly.
    Good, I sent the invite to the Wegovy group.

• Davo130692
    Davo130692 Posts: 1 Member
    Hopes you have alot of success with wegovy. Wegovy aims to reduce your total caloric intake which is the name of the game when loosing weight.
  • chris_in_cal
    Davo130692 wrote: »
    Hopes you have alot of success with wegovy. Wegovy aims to reduce your total caloric intake which is the name of the game when loosing weight.

Hi @Davo130692 is it true you have never used this medicine, you have no personal experience, and you are relay information you have read about? Is this true?
  • loopylisa80
    loopylisa80 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I've not long started wegovy as well , on my 3rd week now of them .. only just joined back up for mfp to track cals
  • Chunckichick
    Chunckichick Posts: 1 Member
    I started wegovy on 20th July starting weight 225 looking to lose 50lbs - doctors have committed to 6 months for me with each dose going up every month, dont feel hungry just have a dull headache - happy to chat
  • NJ1959
    NJ1959 Posts: 19 Member
    I am 64 years old and started Wegovy on July 17, 2024. Would love to join your group @chris_in_cal
    SW 250
    GW 165
  • chris_in_cal
    NJ1959 wrote: »
    I am 64 years old and started Wegovy on July 17, 2024. Would love to join your group @chris_in_cal
    SW 250
    GW 165

Great, yes a few of us are on this new journey. I sent the invite.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,069 Member

Can I play? Started mid June.

• snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 649 Member
    I’m 60. Started semiglutide (same as wegovy) on March 27.
    SW 185
    CW 158
    GW 135
    My current dose is 1.8ml weekly which is a bit high so I’m waiting to take my next dose (I take .9ml every 3 or 4 days)
  • chris_in_cal
    MsCzar wrote: »

Can I play? Started mid June.

Good, sure. I sent the invite. To you too @snowflakesav
  • HeyMa_65
    HeyMa_65 Posts: 5 Member
    We are "Kindred Sisters", same age and similar situations. I got an under the tongue Semeglutide compound.25mg that I started today. Looking for similar people with similar goals to align and support each other.
  • MatrexxCanuck
    MatrexxCanuck Posts: 3 Member
    @chris_in_cal - May I also please join? Just started July 23. Looking for community support in making the real lifestyle changes that make this for life.
  • chris_in_cal
    @chris_in_cal - May I also please join?

100%, I just sent the invite.
  • RobinHartnett
    RobinHartnett Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 25
    Similar age and started semaglutide on 5/24/24
    SW 228
    CW 205
    GW 165
    Would like to join group. Need to hear how everyone has been doing. Finding new ways to stay on track. .25 mg 40 units a week.
    Would love to join group. robin.hartnett88@gmail.com
  • chris_in_cal
    Would love to join group.
    It's a group here on MFP. You're in, I just sent the invite.
  • NJ1959
    NJ1959 Posts: 19 Member
    How come no one is participating in discussion, either here or in @chris_in_cal ’s group? It would be helpful to all of us to share how we’re doing, feeling, what we’re eating, exercising, etc. Does everyone know how to find Chris’ group? He sent invites to all of us.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    edited July 28
    NJ1959 wrote: »
    How come no one is participating in discussion, either here or in @chris_in_cal ’s group? It would be helpful to all of us to share how we’re doing, feeling, what we’re eating, exercising, etc. Does everyone know how to find Chris’ group? He sent invites to all of us.

@NJ1959, the group is here (group search with the title he put in his post would bring this link up):

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146819-trying-wegovy-info-and-new-user-support

I have no idea whether people there are posting in the group, because it's a private (closed) group, and I don't meet the membership criteria so wouldn't ask to join.
  • Canlafre921
    Canlafre921 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi! I'd love support and tips. I'm going to be starting my last week at 1.0 pen. Then up to 1.75 next week. I've lost 15 pounds so far. But now I'm kind of stuck no issues at all on meds. I also have Crohns and have Remicade infusions every 6 weeks. No issues there