What size weights are you using for 30DS?

Options
2»

Replies

• hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I always use 5 lbs. Some of the moves I could probably increase, but I don't have 8 lbs, only 10 and I don't know if that would be too much. Never tried it!
  • justine5587
    justine5587 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used 5lbs for 30DS and 3lbs for "No more trouble zones" also by Jillian (this dvd KILLS! if you ever wann try after the 30DS!)
  • odessablondie
    odessablondie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Since I only have 1 lb walking weights at the moment, I'm using those. (only on day 3 of level 1 right now) Although I'm going to get some 3 lb weights soon and will probably pick up some 5 lb as well.
  • slainnz
    Options
    OMG i feel like an idiot, i am starting this tomorrow but thought id do a practice run this morning using my 4kg(8.8lb) weights well my arms fell like dropping off!!!! couldnt understand it because so many people say they use 5 have just realised there using 5lbs not kg!!!!! thank god for that i dont feel like such a wimp, i am now going to use 2kg(4.4lb)!
  • wickedkitty
    wickedkitty Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm using 3lb. weights.
  • wickedkitty
    Options
    My cable co says its the 30 day shred on the on demand stuff. Does the real version start with push ups and consist of mostly jumping jacks, lunges and crunches?

Yes, level 1 of 30DS starts out with those.
  • wickedkitty
    Options
    This is interesting because I've been using 5 lbs for another circuit training video. I'm still waiting on my 30DS DVD to arrive. From the sounds of it, it might be a good idea to downgrade in the beginning?

I'd start with 3lb. weights then increase according to your personal needs.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    2kg (4.4lbs) weights
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm using the 1.5 kg weights (3.3lbs) it's a killer though I don't think I'll be upgrading during my 30DS duration.:laugh:
  • statia152
    Options
    I was using 3 pounds on Level 3, and I messed up a tendon in my elbow doing the boxing. So now I have 'tennis elbow' and can't use any weights for a few weeks. Be careful with level 3, all cardio is done with weights.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    All I have are 0.5g, 1kg, and 1.5kg weights (1.1, 2.2 and 3.3 pounds).

I use the 1.5kg weights for almost all the exercises, although there are some (eg chest flies) that I wish I had heavier weights for as mine don't provide enough resistance.

There are also a few (side lunges with arm raises, the squats with v-lifts etc) that I *really* struggle with using 1.5kg. I do my best to get through, but sometimes have to switch to 1kg for the second sets.
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    2 lb is quite enough for me at the moment. They're wrap around the wrist ones with a cool thumb hole. Style is more important than weight. ;-D